Shadowrun Pub

• April 28, 2024, 01:03:13 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 77   Go Down

Author Topic: The Usual Place  (Read 102266 times)

talentlesshack

• Fish
  • The Spirit of Vengance
Re:The Usual Place
« Reply #90 on: November 16, 2003, 10:14:26 PM »

I dunno man... I can imagine quite a bit... no, wait... that's not imagination... that's TV...

Pictures in your head my ass...

APOCALYPSE

• Japanese Great Dragon
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Goon
  • Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #91 on: November 17, 2003, 02:02:48 AM »

There's always room for me....if not then I'll make room or shrink down a bit.  

I'm surprized that they have my mug.
:apoc: If I’m asleep at the bar counter then probably drifted into astral space and forgot where I was so feel free to give me a nudge to bring me back to your reality. :apoc:

Eve

• Fresh Fish
« Reply #92 on: November 17, 2003, 04:27:20 AM »

***Eve walks into the bar, pausing to let her eyes adjust to the shadows. Giving the patrons a quick once over she winks at Janus and walks to the bar and orders a bottle of cheep red wine.  Turning with her bottle and glass in hand she stops at Janus‘s table. ***  

“So Jay, you weren’t lying when you said this place would be interesting,“.  

***Without waiting for a reply, and perhaps already a little tipsy she raises her glass to the room at large***

“Here's to the wine we love to drink, and the food we like to eat.
Here's to our wives and sweethearts...or husbands and lovers,  
Let's pray they never meet!”

***Eve smiles, empties her glass and pours another after she sits down”

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked.
Lord Chesterfield (1694 - 1773)

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #93 on: November 17, 2003, 06:17:42 AM »

Hearing Janus’ offer and Eve’s toast, Gabriel wonders over to the table. He’s got a beer in one hand, which he sits on the table.
   “So Janus, is that stuff just good for you awakened types, or do us poor mundanes get some of it too?” So saying, Gabriel rolls up the sleeve over his right bicep. Janus and Eve hear a soft click as a compartment in the blackened arm pops open. Gabriel pulls out a small vial and the compartment closes. He rolls his sleeve down to cover it up again.
   “I’ve got a buddy of mine who works down near Fort Lewis. He’s got a pretty nice little shadow garage running down there. Of course, you know how motor-heads can get, refining fuel additives and making “special octane boosters” isn’t all they can cook up.”
   Gabriel pops the top off of the vial and pours a bit into his beer. Then holding it up, he offers the rest to Janus. “Wanna bit? Guaranteed to put hair on your chest.” He glances over to Eve. “Which is, of course, why I’m not offering any to you lovely friend.”
We do not choose this life. We do not enjoy this life. We simply live this life. Because sometimes, even the shadows need their heroes.

Jester

• Nutcase
  • Experienced Runner
  • I OWN ALL THE TWINKIES MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA
« Reply #94 on: November 17, 2003, 06:48:16 AM »

<walks back into the pub with a big grin on his face and walks up to apoc and whispers something in his ear. Apoc's eyes light up with joy as they both start talking back and forth discussing something>

hehehehe,
Jester
"Rivers of gold are grand, but golden streams....not so much."    :jester:

Janus_Neckbreaker II

• Fish
  • You can take the Troll out of the Barrens but.....
« Reply #95 on: November 17, 2003, 09:37:02 AM »

Interesting, yeah I said something like that.  Eve this  is Gabe, elf extrodinare and shoemat for Zone.  Those others are The Dragon, The King of the Twinkies, Mercy the troll and a couple I don't recognize.  I brought in some meat for cooking for Beau the bartender, hopefully we will have some good stuff.  

(pours a few drops from the flask into his mug)

Naw Gabe from what I hear its dangerous to non awakened because it forces ya to view the astral. As I immagine ya have no defenses for that I wouldn't suggest it.    Anyone up for a game of Toss the Dwarf?

(Jay pulls out a troll sized deck of handmade cards out of his breast pocket and start to shuffle)
"Did your GM just giggle? Why was the Gm giggling after he approved my character....but whats wrong with taking everything I have in contacts, he let me have my own Delta Cyberdoc....Well yeah I know I have Hung Out to Dry but I already took care of it, really I did..."
Tabletop Quotes

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #96 on: November 17, 2003, 11:06:47 AM »

"Makes you view the astral, huh? Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. Literally. Next time you find yourself in the Big Easy, ask around about the Mardi Gras Museum Rave. It’s been a while, and they’re still talking about that. As for Toss the Dwarf, even this mundane little elf-boy knows better than to play cards with a pair of spell-slingers."
   Looking at Eve with his best grin, Gabriel says, “Don’t let the reputation fool you, I’m really a very nice guy. By the way, what’s you favorite color?"

Gabriel
We do not choose this life. We do not enjoy this life. We simply live this life. Because sometimes, even the shadows need their heroes.

APOCALYPSE

• Japanese Great Dragon
  • Goon
« Reply #97 on: November 17, 2003, 01:54:35 PM »

<Apoca starts giggling like a school girl.......>

Now we will have real power.....hahahhahahaha....You know that my funds are good......just tell me how much and what we have to do. ;D
« Last Edit: November 17, 2003, 04:38:34 PM by APOCALYPSE »
:apoc: If I’m asleep at the bar counter then probably drifted into astral space and forgot where I was so feel free to give me a nudge to bring me back to your reality. :apoc:

Eve

• Fresh Fish
« Reply #98 on: November 17, 2003, 05:25:25 PM »

“Toss the Dwarf“, Watching Janus incredulously, “that really a card game?”

“No worries Gabriel, I’m sure you are a very nice guy.  And in answer to your question my favorite color is Steely Ice Blue, why do you ask? “
Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked.
Lord Chesterfield (1694 - 1773)

kv

• Too lazy to contact Ingo for a custom title
  • Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
    • Click here to see a bigger verison of my Pic!
« Reply #99 on: November 17, 2003, 06:32:44 PM »

*wanders into the bar, out of the perpetual rainfall of Seattle. He brings with him a can of soup, Soy-Bean, and a book. He sits at the bar, and passes the can to the bartender, who moves over to the coffee machine to get hot water. Then Kid, who only looks to be about sixteen, quietly eats his soup while reading his book "History of Comics: 1900 to the Present"*

-Kid Vid
"There are three rules to surviving a gun fight.
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
   If you can do that, you can survive."
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #100 on: November 17, 2003, 06:43:24 PM »

No sooner does Eve’s question pass her lips then Gabriel gets a far-away look in his eyes. As he appears to stare into space, the irises of his eyes begin a strange, almost cascade effect. I a few seconds the ripples pass, and the emerald green is replaced by a steely blue.
   “Oh, no reason,” he says, the grin never leaving his face. “Just curious is all.”
   “So, you have a set of dice instead of those cards, J???”

Gabriel

APOCALYPSE

• Japanese Great Dragon
  • Goon
« Reply #101 on: November 18, 2003, 02:16:28 AM »

Pauses talking to Jester a bit (which looks very serious for some reason)

Hey, if Kid just walked in then who is that reading the comics in the corner? It has to be...........

Just stares for a sec then resumes the very serious & suspicious talking with Jester.

Then lets out another giggle and evil grin...hahahahhaa ;D

Zone

• Our Lady of Drones
  • Runner
  • Semper Gumby: Always Flexible
« Reply #102 on: November 18, 2003, 06:37:16 AM »

Anyone see a cute elven babe walk in yet besides Zone?  I have some aboriginal Kan'ayyaki if anyone

Besides Zone!? Besides Zone?  What am I chopped liver?
she shoots a look at Apoc
Don't get any ideas, its just a turn of phrase, chummer.
As a general rule, don't solve puzzles that open portals to hell.

Jester

• Nutcase
  • Experienced Runner
  • I OWN ALL THE TWINKIES MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA
« Reply #103 on: November 18, 2003, 08:15:06 AM »

<Jester smiles and pulls out a cell and starts to make a call> hehe, I just wish everyone was a quiet as kid, then this call would be easier :)
"Rivers of gold are grand, but golden streams....not so much."    :jester:

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #104 on: November 18, 2003, 08:51:49 AM »

Hey Z-Baby,

Nothing like a bit of freindly competiton, is there?  :P

Gabriel (the blue-eyed elf)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 77   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7401 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 21 queries.