Shadowrun Pub

• May 19, 2024, 02:35:50 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 223   Go Down

Author Topic: paddin  (Read 142494 times)

ROOTless

• Exalt
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Experienced Runner
  • Reality? Yesterday's news!
Re:paddin
« Reply #2175 on: June 24, 2005, 01:52:12 AM »

Silently hands Zone the controls to the orbital Thor bundles.
Reality?  That's for people who can't handle hot ASIST!

"I find you lack of grammar...disturbing..."

Pimp-Boy 2000

• Vault Dweller
  • Runner
    • Duck and Cover
« Reply #2176 on: June 24, 2005, 08:01:28 AM »

Right, ROOTless.  Because she's a woman.

It's OK for women to poke fun at men, both in real life and in popular media -- but not the other way around... now why is that?

Frankly, men supporting the "men are dumb and women can joke about it however they want" convention need to step back and take a look at what's going on in this country.

If you look at TV shows, commercials, movies, even books and games, men are oft portrayed as silly, gullible, yet semi-lovable fools, while women are the smart ones, the go-getters, the ones who really know what's up.

So, I refuse to bow to people attacking me for joking about women.  Men get joked on a lot more these days -- I've seen it myself -- so I will not be feeling guilty for making a few housewife jokes.

:P
"There goes one of God's own prototypes, some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production . . . too weird to live, and too rare to die." — Dr. Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
  • Only the Dead have seen the end of War...
« Reply #2177 on: June 24, 2005, 08:09:37 AM »

i don't know about that, for every movie that i can think of with a gullible dumb guy, there's another movie with a skank-ho money gurubbing gold digger chick in it.

-RuskiFace the Pirate
No one writes jokes in Base-13
6 X 9 = 42

Zone

• Our Lady of Drones
  • Runner
  • Semper Gumby: Always Flexible
« Reply #2178 on: July 10, 2005, 02:04:03 PM »

I joke about everybody but it is - and I think folks know - its all in good fun.  Attitude is everything.  And you don't seem to be joking. *shrug*
As a general rule, don't solve puzzles that open portals to hell.

Pimp-Boy 2000

• Vault Dweller
  • Runner
    • Duck and Cover
« Reply #2179 on: July 10, 2005, 03:46:19 PM »

I joke about everybody but it is - and I think folks know - its all in good fun.  Attitude is everything.  And you don't seem to be joking. *shrug*

Ah, the old "I was only joking about men, but you're being intentionally insulting to women" defense.  My favorite.  ::)

No, Zone, I'm joking when I make fun of women, but when I talk about how it's OK to make fun of men, but not OK to make fun of women, I am quite serious.  Nothing wrong with that, IMO, since it's discriminatory.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2005, 03:49:01 PM by Pimp-Boy 2000 »
"There goes one of God's own prototypes, some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production . . . too weird to live, and too rare to die." — Dr. Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

ROOTless

• Exalt
  • Experienced Runner
« Reply #2180 on: July 11, 2005, 04:11:45 AM »

Problem is that you do not come across as joking, something which after all is very much conveyed via body language and tone of voice, neither of which are available here.

I remember a friend of mine telling me about some russian street trash she spenthalf a year hanging out with, where you had to end all jokes with "joke" (well, actually the russian word, which I don't remember), otherwise they'd assume you were being serious.

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
  • Only the Dead have seen the end of War...
« Reply #2181 on: July 11, 2005, 07:40:22 AM »

whoa... that would suck (no joke)

-RuskiFace the Pirate
No one writes jokes in Base-13
6 X 9 = 42

Pimp-Boy 2000

• Vault Dweller
  • Runner
    • Duck and Cover
« Reply #2182 on: July 11, 2005, 09:18:30 AM »

If I feel the need to make any jokes in the future, I'll be sure to paste large "JOKE" tags around the joke, to make sure presumptuous people looking for a reason to be insulted can interpret it correctly.  ::)

If you don't think "And if you have any more feelins you need to express, get in the kitchen and put 'em in a bundt cake" is a joke, you're dumber than I thought.  :)

ROOTless

• Exalt
  • Experienced Runner
« Reply #2183 on: July 15, 2005, 03:00:34 AM »

If you don't think "And if you have any more feelins you need to express, get in the kitchen and put 'em in a bundt cake" is a joke, you're dumber than I thought.

Have you ever had to converse with someone who meant it, in all seriousness? I have.

Pimp-Boy 2000

• Vault Dweller
  • Runner
    • Duck and Cover
« Reply #2184 on: July 15, 2005, 03:52:08 AM »

If you don't think "And if you have any more feelins you need to express, get in the kitchen and put 'em in a bundt cake" is a joke, you're dumber than I thought.

Have you ever had to converse with someone who meant it, in all seriousness? I have.

Those people are too stupid to make an effective joke, unless they saw it somewhere else.

Pimp-Boy 2000

• Vault Dweller
  • Runner
    • Duck and Cover
« Reply #2185 on: July 16, 2005, 12:06:08 PM »

Anytime now, people.

Pimp-Boy 2000

• Vault Dweller
  • Runner
    • Duck and Cover
« Reply #2186 on: July 16, 2005, 12:06:26 PM »

Aaaaanytime.

Pimp-Boy 2000

• Vault Dweller
  • Runner
    • Duck and Cover
« Reply #2187 on: July 16, 2005, 12:06:58 PM »

Quiet... oh, well.  Post #1700.  Woo.

Pimp-Boy 2000

• Vault Dweller
  • Runner
    • Duck and Cover
« Reply #2188 on: July 17, 2005, 07:53:36 AM »

Er... OK, now I have 1700.

NeoPaladin

• Multilayered Security Freak
  • Runner
  • Sereg Gurth a Rog
    • Darkrelic Shadowland
« Reply #2189 on: July 18, 2005, 01:57:09 AM »

Umm... can I have some karma?

Paladin
"Don't think. Just move."

Sans Peur, Voila Non Courage.

http://seattle.darkrelic.net
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 223   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7729 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 16 queries.