Shadowrun Pub

• May 09, 2024, 12:35:40 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: The Next New Century  (Read 26442 times)

Retread

• Runner
Re:The Next New Century
« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2005, 06:58:02 PM »

Yeah, lots of minor Horrors appearing might be a "good thing" as people would realize the threat they present.

Why did the Big D put bequests in his will regarding simsense? Perhaps it's because the use of Moodchips can produce an effect deterrent to Horrors?

If the AR is considered another "plane" perhaps Deus is actually a new incarnation of "Horror" for that "plane?"
"Why do I care? Personally, I think everyone smells a little bit better when their flesh is smouldering..."    ---Dros, Vindictive Fire Mage

Fortune

• Grumpy Old Shadowrunner
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Runner
  • Sensitive New Age Bastard!
« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2005, 10:41:41 PM »

Ok, so all of this happens between SR3 and SR4, right????

I'm lost. All 'what' happens?

Last I heard, wasn't it Ares who was tryingto build a launch facility on Ayars Rock and the spirits were just giving them a ton of drek for it???

You are thinking of Killimanjaro. Nobody is doing anything with Ayer's Rock because of both the Manastorms and the Aboriginal Shamanic Fanatics.

And also because there's nothing to be gained by the Corps by doing anything there.
Chance favors the prepared mind!

ROOTless

• Exalt
  • Experienced Runner
  • Reality? Yesterday's news!
« Reply #77 on: September 26, 2005, 01:10:42 AM »

Yeah, lots of minor Horrors appearing might be a "good thing" as people would realize the threat they present.

Why did the Big D put bequests in his will regarding simsense? Perhaps it's because the use of Moodchips can produce an effect deterrent to Horrors?

If the AR is considered another "plane" perhaps Deus is actually a new incarnation of "Horror" for that "plane?"

Assuming afcourse the "Horrors are comminG!" plot will stil exist with new owners of the game line.
Reality?  That's for people who can't handle hot ASIST!

"I find you lack of grammar...disturbing..."

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #78 on: September 26, 2005, 08:10:17 AM »

Hey Fortune,

I think you're right. I believe I am thinking of Kilamenjaro. And the "all this" I was refering to was that Ayars Rock floating around with a drek-load of trapped spirits in it. THe way you put it sounded as if it had already been written into canon.

Gabriel
We do not choose this life. We do not enjoy this life. We simply live this life. Because sometimes, even the shadows need their heroes.

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
  • Only the Dead have seen the end of War...
« Reply #79 on: September 26, 2005, 12:20:13 PM »

nope, that was just us brainstorming.

-RuskiFace the Pirate

(although brainfarting may be a more accurate view)
No one writes jokes in Base-13
6 X 9 = 42

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #80 on: September 26, 2005, 12:56:49 PM »

Ah, gotcha. By the way, I just read that Shadows of Latin America is being solicited as a series of free DL's. Has anyone ever heard of a Shadows of Australia book being worked on? I only ask since that is the last continent that would require a "Shadows of..." book. Personally I think they will be happy with the Australia section of Target: Awakened Lands, but one can always hope.

Gabriel
We do not choose this life. We do not enjoy this life. We simply live this life. Because sometimes, even the shadows need their heroes.

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2005, 02:03:12 PM »

well, if you wanted to start writing one, i'm sure we could pass it arround the P2P networks and make you famous.

-RuskiFace the Pirate
6 X 9 = 42

Fortune

• Runner
« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2005, 09:08:39 PM »

And the "all this" I was refering to was that Ayars Rock floating around with a drek-load of trapped spirits in it. THe way you put it sounded as if it had already been written into canon.

The part about Ayer's Rock being a 'Spirit Prison' has been canon since the second novel came out in around 1990.

The floating bit is ... um ... interesting, but not part of SR history, past, present, or hopefully, future. ;D

Fortune

• Runner
« Reply #83 on: September 26, 2005, 09:17:00 PM »

Ah, gotcha. By the way, I just read that Shadows of Latin America is being solicited as a series of free DL's.

They may, or may not end up being free (but probably will be). They are being used to propel the new online, subscription fiction website, Holostreets.

Has anyone ever heard of a Shadows of Australia book being worked on? I only ask since that is the last continent that would require a "Shadows of..." book. Personally I think they will be happy with the Australia section of Target: Awakened Lands, but one can always hope.

Ain't going to happen! Oz was covered to FanPro's satisfaction in Target: Awakened Lands, along with Antarctica. The only continent that really needs a sourcebook is Africa, which didn't get nearly enough print time in either Smuggler's Havens or Cyberpirates!, but that is also not going to happen. FanPro has pretty much exhausted the 'Shadows of" series, and will in the future cocetrate more on specific locations. An example of such is the soon-to-be-released Runners Havens, which will detail Seattle and Hong Kong. Four other (as yet unnamed) 'shadowrunning cities' will be covered in future releases, or at least that is the plan.

Retread

• Runner
« Reply #84 on: September 26, 2005, 09:23:39 PM »

Probably gonna be rehashes of other books: Berlin, Sekondi, Kronstadt, Boston, Denver, etc...
"Why do I care? Personally, I think everyone smells a little bit better when their flesh is smouldering..."    ---Dros, Vindictive Fire Mage

Fortune

• Runner
« Reply #85 on: September 26, 2005, 10:10:52 PM »

FanPro has stated that they plan on Shadowrun being less North American centered in the future.

I'm thinking that they are going to go with London and Lisbon, with the other two being drawn from Constantinople, Vladivostok, Tokyo, Berlin, and Metropole.

Out of those five, Metropole, Tokyo, and Vladivostok are recently described (as of 2064 in SoA and SoLA), so make of that what you will. It is said that these books will be more like New Seattle in detail, if not format. We'll see.

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #86 on: September 27, 2005, 05:59:13 AM »

Damn! I forgot about Africa. I hope nobody sues me for this. I can just see it now: "Both FEMA and Gabriel the imaginary elf have been sued by the NAACP today for racist comments regarding proud african americans."

Gabriel

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #87 on: September 27, 2005, 07:34:06 AM »

Lord of War had a really interesting take on Sierra Lieone... scarry place, but grounds for a reaaaallly violent SR team or two (or million)

-RuskiFace the Pirate
6 X 9 = 42

Retread

• Runner
« Reply #88 on: November 13, 2005, 11:33:49 PM »

Africa in SR is probably the most violent place in the world...

Personally, I'd like to see a Caribbean League Pirate campaign. There's a lot of room for fun and excitement.

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #89 on: November 14, 2005, 08:44:38 AM »

Nah, they already did that. Africa is really the only big local that has been so excluded from material in SR. I'd love to see some canon data on that place.

Gabriel
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7633 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 19 queries.