Shadowrun Pub

• March 28, 2024, 10:46:26 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: forum  (Read 3073 times)

Jester

• Nutcase
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Experienced Runner
  • I OWN ALL THE TWINKIES MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA
forum
« on: January 14, 2006, 05:37:37 AM »

didn't there used to be a forum for other types of games besides roleplaying and shadowrun? I was just wondering if anyone played Warmachine
"Rivers of gold are grand, but golden streams....not so much."    :jester:

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
Re:forum
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2006, 10:09:56 AM »

I've gotten some Cryx and some Mercenaries, but so far I have yet to get them painted or even assembled. When I do, I'm going to give it a shot. Oh, and try moving this to the Roleplaying section. We had to create one for some twisted, obscured reasons a few months back. Just ask any of the mod's and they will fill you in.

Gabriel
We do not choose this life. We do not enjoy this life. We simply live this life. Because sometimes, even the shadows need their heroes.

Jester

• Nutcase
  • Experienced Runner
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 05:14:44 AM »

woohoo, go gabe, didn't expect you to play. I've got around 750 pts of Crix. Mos t of my jacks are painted and I've got 2 Bane thrallsd done. Just need to find time to really get to work on them. How many points can you field? Which caster do you use? I like skar. She's the "bomb". I'm defiantly gonna have my stuff with me when we head to your place. Just waitin on jake to get a good weekend

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2006, 06:02:10 AM »

Well, I have the starter box of Cryx, so I guess I will have to use the nasty zombie chick in that one. I also have a Vanguard and Nomad from the Mercenary rmies and one Sentinel from the Cygnars. Manily I just wanted to paint them, since the miniatures looked so cool, but now I wouldn't mind playing once or twice to see if I like it.

I WANT to get myself a Bloat Thrall w/Bile Thrall unit, a Pistol Wraith, Machine Wraith, a Stalker (since I saw a really cool conversion), and maybe a few Bane Thalls. But I want to play first before I put that much time and money into the game.

Gabriel
We do not choose this life. We do not enjoy this life. We simply live this life. Because sometimes, even the shadows need their heroes.

Jester

• Nutcase
  • Experienced Runner
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2006, 05:35:55 AM »

first off the chick in the starter set is still alive. G nasty in hand to hand. But I like to play with Pirate Queen Skar. Not so great in hand to hand but what she can do in the spell casting part rocks. Yes, you gotta have a bloat thrall and some bile thralls. I have a pistol wraith I like and a machine wraith. And Bane thralls are one of the best units in the game. You can take a jack down with one u it of them. But, if you decide to use scar she has a feeat that if you sacrafice 5 life all models in control range get +5 armor. Then her dagger has an ability if you sacrafice a model within 2" you can deal a pow=sacraficed models defense hit against any model in skar's control range. If you sac a bane thrall that's 20. And it's boostable. You can drop a warcaster with that. It was nicknamed the skarr bomb. I'll try and show you that too :)

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2006, 07:23:32 AM »

Sounds cool to me. Of course, I assume I will lose very badly in any of these games, but what the hell.

Gabriel

Jester

• Nutcase
  • Experienced Runner
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2006, 05:24:25 AM »

lol, I've only played 3 real games. I'm still a rookie myself. And if all you really hav is the box set that's what I'm gonna use too. Makes it fair  ;D

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2006, 10:50:42 AM »

Yeah and years worth of miniature-gaming experience and tactis. Something tells me I need to get the KY wready for that game. :-X Of course, I'd still like to know what that row of stiches going all the way around Denegra 's torso is all about. Did she have some REALLY intense plastic surgery????

Gabriel

Jester

• Nutcase
  • Experienced Runner
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2006, 05:25:11 AM »

don't recall. I know skaar kidnaped her from cygnar and haily is pissed. I'd have to look for it in Prime.

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2006, 06:17:19 AM »

I don't have ANY of the books, so I have no idea how the history/story line is working, but I would like to find some e-copies. I can't find ANYTHING about warmachine on the net. Kind of sucks.

Gabriel

Jester

• Nutcase
  • Experienced Runner
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2006, 05:25:31 AM »

they are very hard core about you buying from  local game stores. So, GL in finding stuff online, especially free. So get off your lazy hoop and just go buy it :)

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2006, 05:45:53 AM »

Hey now, don't you lecture me on supporting local gaming stores. I have an entire shelf of SR 3rd editions books at my place that I bought BEFORE I downloaded them. And if I liked Warmachine, I would buy the books from my local place just the same. I want that place to stay open just as much as all the other nerds do. ;)

Gabriel

Jester

• Nutcase
  • Experienced Runner
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2006, 05:24:19 AM »

lol, cool then :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7089 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 21 queries.