General > Technoweenies

Re:And all old is new again....

(1/3) > >>

Capt_North:
Nothing quite like that, got Fear for the PC and using it as excuse to try and upgrade my box.. spent last couple days talking to gamer friends on best place to get new motherboard, processor, and vid card, found good processor and motherboard at fries, proccess was 2.4 gig hertz for about 60, and mother boards about 50.. but friends checking some sites and other places to see if can find one with a good built in card..

Ruski:
if you are rebuilding now, i wouldn't look at anything that dosnt' have PCI-Express

you can get a built in video card if you want to save a couple of bucks, but really, seeing as how you'll have to throw money at it now anyways, you can pick up a PCI-E video card that's pretty amazing for about $40 online.
(and if you decide to pump it up later, all the latest and gratest cards are running PCI-E)

as far as sites go: www.directron.com is decent, and the shipping is cheap if you have access to a commercial address.

www.newegg.com is also pretty good, watch for specials.

-RuskiFace the PIrate

Jester:
good call ruski. Those things are starting to take over. And what's funny is that the makers's snuck those things in. I just heard of them about 2 months ago.

Ruski:
They've been arround for awhile. personally; I'm all over the 'dual-core' PC's at the moment. I built my first one last month. (it's pretty sweet) but if you are building a bargin-box, it's not the way to go.

but even on a bargan box, you should be able to get PCI-E

-RuskiFace the Pirate

Jester:
I've got a couple friends that have duel core, suweeeeet!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version