Shadowrun Pub

• April 28, 2024, 07:57:40 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: Nanotech  (Read 21523 times)

Capt_North

• Grunt
  • Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride.
Nanotech
« on: January 28, 2006, 01:30:32 PM »

Just got Man & Machine, and theres some cool stuff and good rule clearing junky stuff in that.. but reading the Nanotech section gave lots of ideas.. Nano implants might be some rather good things, for Vamps, least from the undeads point of view, since they dont really seem to suffer from bio reject, least from what i've read.. could be simple as the oxy-rush system for vamps, with the nanites supplying oxygen they dont have to worry about running out under water and going dormant.. which could lead to trouble for hunters looking for easy targets in submerged vamps..

And, their bodies being dead they can say... stuff in the basic materials into themselves for nanites to use to reproduce more. Kinda scary when think bout, possibly even make it so one could cancel out the rejection factor many vamps have with cyber parts.. I may have to check into it myself... well.. once find a beta/delta cyber clinic that doesnt take shots at vamps on sight......

One other thing.. is they didnt really discuss the possibilitys of a Gray Goop incident..
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.

mercy

• Sixth World Dictionary Troll Edition
  • Experienced Runner
  • narcojet=night night
Re:Nanotech
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 04:51:15 PM »

um silly question if they are undead that means they dont breath so how can they drown underwater if they dont need to breath
dicnary we dont need no stinking dictanary

Capt_North

• Grunt
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2006, 06:56:50 PM »

Vampires if are submerged under water for to long and cut off from oxygen go into a dormant state which makes them completely vulnerable. Its easy for them to sink as they arent bouyant any more which makes crossing water a problem, with that they get all the advantages of an air tank without lugging it around. Traps the players i've had on vamps included trapping them in flooded sewers, even pit traps where the sides are smooth and the bottoms full of water, from there they can pick them off at leisure or what ever. with that mod they can just wait for hunter to come back and get them as they like.
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Prime Runner
  • Only the Dead have seen the end of War...
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 08:19:45 AM »

I don't know if adding O2 into their bloodstream would help them much though... and who knows what a vampire system would do to nanites... I can't imagine them working together perfectly...

but if you know a vampire that would want to test them out on him/her self, I bet I could find a company willing to 'sponcer' it...

-RuskiFace the PIrate
No one writes jokes in Base-13
6 X 9 = 42

Capt_North

• Grunt
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2006, 11:43:19 AM »

True.. but with a corp sponsor, there also generally comes the "We own your ass for the rest of your life" and for a vampire.... thats a REALLY long time....

ROOTless

• Exalt
  • Experienced Runner
  • Reality? Yesterday's news!
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2006, 01:15:05 PM »

So... be the vamp that owns the corp!
Reality?  That's for people who can't handle hot ASIST!

"I find you lack of grammar...disturbing..."

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2006, 02:06:46 PM »

well, if you didn't want to go that route, there's always the good ol' fashoned 'work' for your money.
and by work, i mean, rob a corperation, and let them sponcer you THAT way.

then I'll find a street doc who wants to publish something, and let him install them.

probibly do the work for free, but you'll have to sit arround for a couple of days so that he can watch you:
A) Explode
B) suffer bio-rejection
C) Run faster/jump higher when the oxy-rush is activated
D) have nothing much happen

-RuskiFace the Pirate
6 X 9 = 42

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2006, 02:54:57 PM »

Ok, I'm going to be the killjoy here (and for once I do hate to do it) but vampires aren't undead in Shadowrun. They are humans and metahumans who have contracted HMHVV. In fact, as far as I recall, except forGhost/Specters & Shedim, there are no undead in Shadowrun. Even ghouls are alive.

Now as far as nonites go, wouldn't they suffer from biorejection if they were anything but transient nanites? A nanite factory would be immediately purged, and so would some of the other nanite-assisting tech. You might be able to get some injections of nanites in a free-floating condition, but anything else would just get purged.

Gabriel
We do not choose this life. We do not enjoy this life. We simply live this life. Because sometimes, even the shadows need their heroes.

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2006, 03:19:48 PM »

That was my guess; but here is where it gets interesting in my mind:

does a vampire's system use oxygen the same way we do?
would getting transiant oxy-rush injected into them really help?

And, if it did work, how long would they stay active in the vampire's system?

-RuskiFace the Pirate
6 X 9 = 42

Retread

• Runner
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2006, 05:36:47 PM »

Yes, a Vampire uses Oxygen just the same. However, when in a dormant state underwater or cut off from oxygen they still lose Essence, so a vampire can "drown" but rather than from asphyxiation, essence loss.

Gabe, you ARE a killjoy...

'Course, if you hadnae said eet ah wuld 'ave.
"Why do I care? Personally, I think everyone smells a little bit better when their flesh is smouldering..."    ---Dros, Vindictive Fire Mage

mercy

• Sixth World Dictionary Troll Edition
  • Experienced Runner
  • narcojet=night night
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2006, 07:23:25 PM »

Yes, a Vampire uses Oxygen just the same. However, when in a dormant state underwater or cut off from oxygen they still lose Essence, so a vampire can "drown" but rather than from asphyxiation, essence loss.

Gabe, you ARE a killjoy...

'Course, if you hadnae said eet ah wuld 'ave.
um wouldnt that be starve to death from essense lose rather than drowning
dicnary we dont need no stinking dictanary

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2006, 05:52:00 AM »

BAM!!! And Mercy gets a Karma point. You know, Mercy, you keep posting ONLY when you want to sneaks tuff like that in and you're going to have more krama than Ruski. ;)

Gabriel
We do not choose this life. We do not enjoy this life. We simply live this life. Because sometimes, even the shadows need their heroes.

Retread

• Runner
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2006, 09:29:41 AM »

That depends, you can starve to death, but how many people do you know that starved to death underwater? Somebody finds a dead vampire under the water they're gonna say, "Wow, this poor schmuck drowned to death."
"Why do I care? Personally, I think everyone smells a little bit better when their flesh is smouldering..."    ---Dros, Vindictive Fire Mage

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2006, 09:36:48 AM »

Well after they starve themselves essence style, perhaps they'll take a big lungfull of water to seal the deal?

-RuskiFace the Pirate
6 X 9 = 42

Capt_North

• Grunt
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2006, 11:18:56 AM »

How long does it take for them to gack from essence starvation?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7405 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 19 queries.