Shadowrun Pub

• May 15, 2024, 03:52:54 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: Nanotech  (Read 21573 times)

AJStarhiker

• Runner
  • I much prefer ice and snow to sand and rock.
Re:Nanotech
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2006, 05:21:12 PM »

I know Captain Britain broke 'Crawler's leg because he thought the elf was moving in on Meggan.

Retread

• Runner
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2006, 10:37:00 PM »

Wow, I woulda picked the effects.
"Why do I care? Personally, I think everyone smells a little bit better when their flesh is smouldering..."    ---Dros, Vindictive Fire Mage

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2006, 05:43:24 PM »

You know, AJ, I have to say I loved the fact that they actually drew Nightcrawler with a cast on his leg for about 6 issues after that. Kind of nice to see characters actually acknowledgin damage in a comic book. Oh, and I am giving you a point of Karma for being the ONLY person I've ever talked to who read an issue of the original Excalibur Comic. ;)

Gabriel

PS - Have you had any mega-corps come after your SURGEd PC yet?? Remember, they collect changlings for "research"

Gabriel
We do not choose this life. We do not enjoy this life. We simply live this life. Because sometimes, even the shadows need their heroes.

AJStarhiker

• Runner
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2006, 07:14:06 AM »

Hey, thanks.  I learned about Excalibur because Kitty was my favorite and I scoured the comic shops for back issues with her.  Once I started reading Excalibur, I liked the title enough I hunted down all but the last 22 issues.  I even found Weird War III, Mojo Mayham, and the other Annuals and special editions.

As for my SURGEd Character, no, they haven't.  We've been stuck in the metaplanes for most of the runs.  Besides, if she's wearing a hat and keeping her tail hidden, she looks like a Night One.

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2006, 10:22:00 AM »

You know, Excalibur was the first comic I ever collected, and I have all of the original issues, and doubles of the first five. Not that the comics are worth any real money, but I like them none the less. And if you haven't seen the last issues, try to find them. Carlos Pachenco started drawing them at the end and he did some really good work. He even brough back Captain Britain's engineering background for a while. And then he killed Captian Britain's powers, and that was that.

Anyway, back on topic: If you would like, I have some information on a run concerning changlings that you might enjoy playing. Of course, if you aren't running your group, that might not really be a bgood thing to look at. Let me know if you would like the synopsis forwarded to you so you can pass it by your GM.

Gabriel
We do not choose this life. We do not enjoy this life. We simply live this life. Because sometimes, even the shadows need their heroes.

Capt_North

• Grunt
  • Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride.
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2006, 12:04:48 PM »

hehe.. only got to read a couple excaliber comics... personally spent most my money collecting deadpool and Agent X, have almost the complete series of both,
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.

AJStarhiker

• Runner
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2006, 01:40:47 PM »

Well, I'm not GMing, so I don't think looking at the whole thing, I could pass it on.  I don't know how far in advance he's planning, though.

And as for comics, I buy 'em for the stories, not necessarily for the collector value.  I like pulling them out and looking stuff up for fanfics too much to leave them in their sleeves for life.  If theres one that costs more than I'm willing to pay, I'll look for it as part of a graphic novel.  (Love the Essential books)

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Prime Runner
  • Only the Dead have seen the end of War...
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2006, 02:11:51 PM »

I just do my shopping at barnes & Nobil or Borders. I love the graphic novels. Hurts a bit to pay $20 for a comic book, but they are good reading anyhew.

-RuskiFace the Pirate
No one writes jokes in Base-13
6 X 9 = 42

AJStarhiker

• Runner
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2006, 02:35:40 PM »

At least with the graphic novels you get several issues at once.

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2006, 03:28:58 PM »

Yea, that's my feeling behind it. I hate waiting for the story arc to finish. I'd much rather just grab the whole thing at once.

-RuskiFace the Pirate
6 X 9 = 42

AJStarhiker

• Runner
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2006, 03:32:25 PM »

That's how I got some issues that are worth 60+ dollars.  That or buying the Classic X-men rereleases.  Different cover, but same story.  And much cheaper.  Sometimes they had an extra story tacked on at the end.

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2006, 04:05:52 PM »

have you ever actually been able to sell any of thoes for the posted value?

I use to collect 'magic: the addiction' cards. me and all my friends were into it.

a card worth $80 was more like worth $8 to us. that was the going rate, it was easyer to trade cards for cards, the actual purchace price for 'ultra-rare' cards, was always quite a bit less than posted.

-RuskiFace the Pirate
6 X 9 = 42

AJStarhiker

• Runner
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2006, 04:23:59 PM »

Like I said, I bought them for the stories, so no, I never tried selling them.  I like having the actual books to look through for details when I'm writing fanfics, rather than relying on second hand info over the 'net.  That way, if I need to quote something, I can.

Although I do know someone who has enough older Magic cards he figure's he can sell them off to pay for his future kids' college.  Don't remember who it was or if he was even married at the time, but I do remember him saying that.

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2006, 04:35:05 PM »

*shrug* all my friends use to say that.

we all put in about the same.
buy a pack a day, on average. at $2.50 each, it adds up in actual purchace value over the two years or so we played it.

that's what? $1,825 in money put out. times about four guys...

yea, anyways, if you take the 'resale value' of all your cards, it looks like something akin to 10 times that.

when people started getting out of it though, and it comes to actually selling your cards... even people who want them, don't want them bad enough to pay the list price in whatever magazine is currently toting the highest price.
you can sell rare cards for about a quarter each on E-bay, but that's about it.
maybe a buck and a quarter, if it's something super old.
but even the cards "Worth $2,000 !!!" go for about a hundred bucks.
I bought out my friends to the tune of $50 each, and gave all my cards to my little brother when he expressed an intrest.
I think he gave them to someone else. *shrug* oh well. was fun while it lasted.

I think comics are the same way though, even if it says that it's worth $2,000, I bet you can find it on E-Bay for 1/10th of that.

-RuskiFace the Pirate
6 X 9 = 42

AJStarhiker

• Runner
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2006, 04:56:05 PM »

*Shrugs* Like I said.  I go for the stories, not the resale value.  If I can get the same story cheaper (ie. getting a reprint or a graphic novel) I will.  It also doesn't deprive people going at it for the monetary value of getting what they want.  If it's a good issue, I'd probably drop the value in half rereading it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7708 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 21 queries.