Shadowrun Pub

• May 07, 2024, 05:58:12 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Book Questions..  (Read 4557 times)

Capt_North

• Grunt
  • Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride.
Book Questions..
« on: February 09, 2006, 08:01:23 PM »

Just got done reading Bug City.. which really makes me want to invest in some those eldar rifles and such people were talking about then loading up some insecticide rounds with some of those nice new age toxins you can find in shadowtech and other books.. that or borrow the flamers from the warhammer world..

Anyways, the ghoul section got me wondering if there are any books out there dedicated to the HMHVV infectees, perferablly one that explains all these diffrent strains, gives more info on the making of ghouls, vamps, and such creatures..  Large part cause i made North here using net found Drek, and it would be nice to be able to make him right if i was ever going to play him again, or even just use as an NPC.
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.

Capt_North

• Grunt
  • Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride.
Re:Book Questions..
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 08:42:44 PM »

Also.. one other question.. If you got a built in cyber pistol in your arm.. could you take a specialty in that in pistols, or does it have its own skill or what?
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 06:40:03 AM »

You can get some information about ghouls, vampires, etc. in various books across the entire publishing spectrum. Shadowrun COmpanion has a section dedicated to creating ghoul PC's and the effects of the Krieger strain of HMHVV. You can also check out the Critter book (which comes with the 3rd Edition GM Screen) for vrious critters and how they are effected by HMHVV. For instance, goblins are dwarves with HMHVV, and Tzou-Noo-Qua are trolls with HMHVV. As far as I know, that's the only way you are going the get the info you need. OF course, if you can get a copy of the 2nd Edition module 'Eye Witness', it talks about the first, and last, ghoul commune in North America. There may be some paydata in that book.

Gabriel
We do not choose this life. We do not enjoy this life. We simply live this life. Because sometimes, even the shadows need their heroes.

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Prime Runner
  • Only the Dead have seen the end of War...
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 08:25:57 AM »

Bet that commune dosn't have a lot of stoves.

-RuskiFace the Pirate
No one writes jokes in Base-13
6 X 9 = 42

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 08:44:44 AM »

Hehehehe, I bet it has a lot of craters though.

Gabriel
We do not choose this life. We do not enjoy this life. We simply live this life. Because sometimes, even the shadows need their heroes.

Retread

• Runner
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 02:45:14 PM »

Critters is the best source, but they are other mentions, like the vampiric initiatory group Ordo Maximus and their dealings with blood magic and cybermancy.
"Why do I care? Personally, I think everyone smells a little bit better when their flesh is smouldering..."    ---Dros, Vindictive Fire Mage

kv

• Too lazy to contact Ingo for a custom title
  • Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
    • Click here to see a bigger verison of my Pic!
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2006, 09:44:59 AM »

How do vampires get into cybermancy? Weren't we talking about the infeasibility of vampires + cyberware?

-kv
"There are three rules to surviving a gun fight.
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
   If you can do that, you can survive."
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Retread

• Runner
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2006, 12:58:03 PM »

It has more to do with the kind of magic they know. The fact that they know how to use cybermancy is not inherent in the fact that they use it on themselves. In fact, it would appear that Ordo Maximus use a kind of Quickening or Anchoring Metamagic combined with Sacrificing metamagic in order to trap the spirit inside of it's original body. In a way, a cyberzombie is a kind of vampire that instead of feeding on essence, their enchantments feed off all the mana around them, creating a nasty Karma Hazing effect, like the holes caused by FAB III or the Fovoae in Aztlan (a creation of the magical "radar net" used to find the Locus)

Presumably, if HMHVV can make a person magically active, it's reasonable to assume that the sorcery obtained might be genetically inherent to the strain of the virus. This "genetically accessed" magical knowledge might be a reason why Ordo Maximus knows the ancient techniques for trapping an aura inside a body. Either that, or they obtained some strange artifacts recovered by the Atlantean Foundation or other archaelogical muck-amucks.
"Why do I care? Personally, I think everyone smells a little bit better when their flesh is smouldering..."    ---Dros, Vindictive Fire Mage

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2006, 08:35:11 AM »

hmm... i wonder if many vampires switch to sucking the life out of the enviroment to avoid having to constantly 'feed' on things to get their essence...

-RuskiFace the Pirate
6 X 9 = 42

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2006, 09:35:58 AM »

Probably not. Would take away the whole vampire "thing" wouldn't it???

Gabriel

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2006, 09:40:18 AM »

well, if that's how cybermancy got 'discovered' and it was a good way to eliminate a dependancy on humans...

-RuskiFace the Pirate
6 X 9 = 42

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2006, 10:44:54 AM »

I think Renraku invented cybermancy. Those evil bastards let Deus out of the bottle, so I can see the twisted frags creating cybermancy first.

Gabriel

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2006, 10:57:38 AM »

I think all the AAA's were gunning for it.

-RuskiFace the Pirate
6 X 9 = 42

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2006, 11:57:56 AM »

I don't see why. The entire concept seems ludicrous to me. Too magic-intensive, to cost prohibative, too glitchy. Just use some of that delta-ware tech and implant it like normal in two or three cobbers and have a team of bleeding edge runners instead of one bleeding edge, barely contrlled, easily distracted, high-upkeep monster.

Gabriel

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2006, 01:27:41 PM »

well, there's always the desart wars.

-RuskiFace the Pirate

one-upmanship, at any cost.
6 X 9 = 42
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7607 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 19 queries.