Shadowrun Pub

• May 07, 2024, 07:42:32 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Book Questions..  (Read 4558 times)

Retread

• Runner
Re:Book Questions..
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2006, 07:15:29 AM »

Fuchi and then Novatech, were the first corp to officially have Cybermancy, however, I believe the Azzies knew it as well, since Blood magic is a speculated requirement. I imagine the vampires know cybermancy because it gives them a safety net for net essence loss. The speculation is that cybermancy prevents death via essence loss, so if a vampire even without cyberware could still use the cybermantic ritual to prevent her own death.
"Why do I care? Personally, I think everyone smells a little bit better when their flesh is smouldering..."    ---Dros, Vindictive Fire Mage

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2006, 07:32:15 AM »

That's about the only good explanation I've heard for Cybermancy. And considering vampires are just like veryone else except for having HMHVV and its associated effects, anyone could be a vampire. Hence, a big time corporate suit could end up as a vamp and initiate cybermancy projects in an attempt to "cure" himself.

Gabriel
We do not choose this life. We do not enjoy this life. We simply live this life. Because sometimes, even the shadows need their heroes.

Retread

• Runner
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2006, 08:56:35 AM »

Makes you wonder though, does their regeneration work when their essence is in the negative?
"Why do I care? Personally, I think everyone smells a little bit better when their flesh is smouldering..."    ---Dros, Vindictive Fire Mage

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Prime Runner
  • Only the Dead have seen the end of War...
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2006, 01:56:42 PM »

dosn't seem to work for the cyber-zombies that they put through it.

perhaps part of the process is infecting the meat that's left with HMHVV?

-RuskiFace the Pirate
No one writes jokes in Base-13
6 X 9 = 42

Retread

• Runner
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2006, 02:08:24 PM »

Could very well be, but I'm pretty sure it's some kind of aura-trapping metamagic. Kind of like the kind used to make Magical compounds keep their effects and draw towards the consumer.

langolas

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2006, 10:12:58 AM »

I think it was the novel The terminus experiment that they were working on putting cyberware into vamps.  well, actually, they would put the cyberware into individuals and then infect them, turning them into vamps, that way it was already there once the change began.

It didn't work out quite as expected (DUH). I'll have to rered it though.

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2006, 10:34:28 AM »

I thought that the vampires, ghouls, and other vampire meta-variants would 'spit out' their chrome once they got infected?

-Ruski
6 X 9 = 42

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2006, 12:38:50 PM »

They do. However, if your body is reading the chrome as natural, then it wouldn't have anything to regenerate. I guess the trick is fooling the body intot hinking the cyber belongs there.

Gabriel
We do not choose this life. We do not enjoy this life. We simply live this life. Because sometimes, even the shadows need their heroes.

Retread

• Runner
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2006, 02:21:45 PM »

Hence why many vampires have exclusive contracts to work in Delta Clinics...

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2006, 03:05:02 PM »

with the extra essence they 'steal' seems like they would be better off following a adept path of action as oposed to the cybermancy version.

-RuskiFace the Pirate
6 X 9 = 42

Retread

• Runner
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2006, 11:31:59 PM »

You'd think, but keep in mind that essence and magic aren't necessarily the same rating. Even with an essence of 12, a vampire will still have the same Magic rating.

However, that doesn't stop the inherent vampiric abilities based on essence.

Animoosh

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2007, 06:43:13 AM »

This is coming a little late, but Target: UCAS has some info on ghouls and HMHVV as well.

kv

• Too lazy to contact Ingo for a custom title
  • Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
    • Click here to see a bigger verison of my Pic!
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2007, 08:41:08 PM »

What does it say about cyberwear and regeneration? My assumption was the same as Ruski's here- that a creature that regenerates would A) Have a problem implanting cyberwear, and B) "spit it out" once it was installed.

There seemed to be some conflicting opinions, though, so a clarification from the canon would be appreciated.

-kv
"There are three rules to surviving a gun fight.
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
   If you can do that, you can survive."
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Capt_North

• Grunt
  • Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride.
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2007, 11:00:55 PM »

Capt here. Been a while.. but i think that if they are in contact with an allergy material they get from being a vampire it cancels out the regenreation, which could inturn keep them from spitting out the parts. kinda a jerry rigged way to do it, and none to bright of one, and probally not to canon, its been long while.. aside from the story i told you guys bout long whiel back.
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2007, 05:07:21 AM »

OF course the character in question would then DIE from having a substance in the body that is intrinsicly (sp) harmfull to them. Like implanting a peanut in a guy allergic to peanut butter. Yeah, the body wouldn't regenerate, but in 10 minutes it wouldn't matter anyway.

And if I remember correctly, and creature with the Regeneration Power will automatically purge artificial implants from there system. Man and Machine has something to say about bioware and regeneration as well. So, no vampires with cyberoptics.

Gabriel
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7610 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 19 queries.