Shadowrun Pub

• April 19, 2024, 11:36:33 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: True Elements  (Read 11467 times)

Curris

• Grunt
  • We come in Peace! ( whisper ) Shoot to kill, men..
Re:True Elements
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2006, 10:15:05 PM »

Sorry about the Avatar, Retread, but I'm Curris.

And the Sphere is moveable. There is an intelligence check, (or a will save), and if you succeed you can move it 10 ft in whatever direction you want. If you want to move it again, it takes another check, and so forth. VERY SLOW TO MOVE.

If you failed, it moves towards you. Still slow, it can be outrun, unless it's blocking your only exits, as is common in dungeons that contain a Sphere. . .

An Amulet of Control Sphere of Annihilation will give you +20 on checks to control it, in 3.0 and 3.5 edition. In 2nd edition, you had full control, but it was still slow.

As for the Bags of holding. . .

Bag of Holding is put into Portable Hole. . .  Rift opens to astral plane. Everything within 20ft is pulled into Astral and the rift closes. Bag and Hole Destroyed including all contents.

Portable Hole is put into a Bag of Holding. . . Bag and Hole Destroyed including all contents.

Portable Hole is put into a Sphere of Annihilation. . . Hole and contents destroyed.

Bag of Holding is put into a Sphere of Annihilation. . . Bag and contents destroyed.

Sigh. . . I don't even like 3.5 Dnd. . . . I just know too much about it.
By reading this, you have just given me temporary control of your brain. . .

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2006, 06:29:13 AM »

Hey Retread, you realize that toxic shamans and corrupted mages could make great use of a Toxic True Element. You would end up with foci aspected towards toxic magic, that's all. I could see the being a wonderfull plot tool for games with a strong magic feel.

Gabriel
We do not choose this life. We do not enjoy this life. We simply live this life. Because sometimes, even the shadows need their heroes.

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Prime Runner
  • Only the Dead have seen the end of War...
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2006, 07:45:36 AM »

in my campaigns they tend to be tech heavy... so if there's an NPC mage with an aspected true element something or other, my entire party would die.

hell, I can't even put them up aghinst a bug spirit without them wiping themselves out.

-RuskiFace the Pirate
No one writes jokes in Base-13
6 X 9 = 42

Retread

• Runner
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2006, 02:17:02 PM »

Aye, that's probably true, but you have to consider that no one has found Toxic Orichalcum yet, which implies that other True Toxic Elements may not exist. However, I agree on the nifty plot device, it would probably be the equivalent of a Rating X Virtuoso piece that generates toxic background count and additionally generates a form of toxin or destroys plant life in it's radius. An example would be like in the movie Constantine, where that one Mexican carries the Spear of Destiny across the U.S border and all the animals and plants wither and die around it.
"Why do I care? Personally, I think everyone smells a little bit better when their flesh is smouldering..."    ---Dros, Vindictive Fire Mage

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
  • Only the Dead have seen the end of War...
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2006, 03:07:21 PM »

yea, that was a cool effect.

-RuskiFace the Pirate
No one writes jokes in Base-13
6 X 9 = 42

Retread

• Runner
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2006, 11:50:00 PM »

The background  count isn't instantaneous, however, rather it's like a subtle taint, like a super-toxin. A unit of Corrupt Water (a working term) can slowly poison a river, killing everything in it much like normal poison, however, this effect is achieved not through a scientific manner, but magically. Eventually the growing pollution creates an inherent background count which is Toxic. Human exposure to Corrupt Elements, most especially magicians, causes them great duress and can drive magicians to a Toxic or Corrupt Path.

Back to True Elements, they can also be used as the actual material component of an elemental. A regular elemental cannot inhabit this type of element, but rather, they must be inhabited by very high-force Greater Form elementals, whom ALWAYS go free after their tasks are completed. A True Fire Elemental is a very scary thing indeed. A Corrupt True Fire Elemental is even scarier...
"Why do I care? Personally, I think everyone smells a little bit better when their flesh is smouldering..."    ---Dros, Vindictive Fire Mage

Capt_North

• Grunt
  • Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride.
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2006, 06:29:39 AM »

Behold what little elemental knowledge i know!

Void in some elementalist views is considered the binding "element".  when you look down on the atomic scale and what not you see that the space between atoms is actually a rather big distance between point AB and C, kinda like planetary distances. So much so that people are made of "nothing" and are held together by various energies that could be considered "void" energies. Same kinda energies that keep atoms from just kind of splitting and going all mushroom cloudy. The ability to manipulate void energy might allow a person to do the fabled "walk through walls" or other such feats that arent generally suppose to be possible or allowed by some of the laws of physics that general magic cant cover.  And not saying its a good thing, its like any element, you mess with it when your not totally sure what your doing and dont fully understand the processes... well, im sure there are at least a few inept or poorly trained fire mages out there who can tell you "Fire burns!!!"
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.

Curris

• Grunt
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2006, 10:29:00 AM »

Perhaps that would be the linking step between teleportation magicks in Shadowrun. Energy that binds between point A and point B, Wall-Walking, Etc. Although I could see teleportation getting so abused.

D20 Example.

Scry on bad guy, teleport in, avoiding traps, dungeons, minions, etc. kill bad guy, scry on new bad guy, process repeats. . .

plus it would elimnate the need for a rigger, and decrease the amount of stealth necessary in a run.

Plus this scenario: teleporting nukes into places, then astrally wiping your magic signature, untraceable-like.

mercy

• Sixth World Dictionary Troll Edition
  • Experienced Runner
  • narcojet=night night
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2006, 02:02:43 PM »

ah but it makes astral barriers all the more important
dicnary we dont need no stinking dictanary

ROOTless

• Exalt
  • Experienced Runner
  • Reality? Yesterday's news!
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2006, 04:41:52 AM »

I think Curris's just pointed out why teleportation 'still' isn't present in SR.
Breaks too many storylines.
Reality?  That's for people who can't handle hot ASIST!

"I find you lack of grammar...disturbing..."

Retread

• Runner
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2006, 06:44:59 AM »

I had always assumed teleportation relied on a metaplanar shortcut, similar to the one used by free spirits when their true name is spoken three times.

Capt_North

• Grunt
  • Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride.
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2006, 01:34:49 PM »

ok, i kind phrased that wrong.. i had just woke up and was on my way to do some yard work for my grand, and my grand doesnt want me to plant a few daisys, more like dig a hole in the back for a pond and then spread about 90 yards of gravel over the front yard and so forth.

I dont think teleportation would be possible with void magic... the phase through walls would be spreading your atomic bonds wider so you could pass through the other materials. or something like that.. another thing which could be seriously game damaging is causing the bonds to just stop. atoms arent attracted to each other and just dont "latch". Disintigration basicly. or for something really flashy, make all those atoms no longer attract, but repel each other... nasty little thought eh? perfect way to get rid of evidence.. nothing but a pile of dust behind that doesnt even resemble anything it once was.
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.

mercy

• Sixth World Dictionary Troll Edition
  • Experienced Runner
  • narcojet=night night
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2006, 03:39:12 PM »

wouldnt even be dust just a pile of atomic particles
dicnary we dont need no stinking dictanary

Retread

• Runner
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2006, 05:35:52 PM »

Err... Ever used a deadly Power bolt rated at 20, before? Disintegration indeed.

Most combat spells are "unmaking" spells, which essentially destroy the target. At it's nastiest, it completely disintegrates the target.

Curris

• Grunt
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2006, 07:43:33 PM »

Here's a thought.

In some lines of thought, Fire is anti-Water
Earth is anti-air,
etc.

So combine every element you have, and you will (simaltaneously) have an anti-all element. Bam!

But that may also just give you a negated mass, with no qualities at all. . .
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7326 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 21 queries.