Shadowrun Pub

• May 13, 2024, 10:03:05 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: The January Run  (Read 14694 times)

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Prime Runner
  • Only the Dead have seen the end of War...
Re:The January Run
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2006, 12:42:57 PM »

"So, do we get a limo ride back to someplace else, or do we need to provide our own transportation from this point?"

without waiting I'll walk into the throng of well-wishers

"Heaya Sexxy Chicxors! Anyone want to have a date tonight at this club? I got tickets for two if anyone is willing to give me and my chombas a lift! prefreably you will need to have the right number and mix of male and female friends. oh, and you have to be hot. Hmmm... how about you sugar? Love the blue hair."
No one writes jokes in Base-13
6 X 9 = 42

bull30548

• Grunt
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2006, 02:52:58 PM »

"So you need a date miss?", smiling a disarming smile that has gotten me pass many a secretary at the young lady with me.  

AJStarhiker

• Runner
  • I much prefer ice and snow to sand and rock.
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2006, 12:34:38 AM »

I grin back, "Why not?  So, how long do you think it'll take for game boy over there to remember we got work?"

kv

• Too lazy to contact Ingo for a custom title
  • Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
    • Click here to see a bigger verison of my Pic!
« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2006, 09:19:39 AM »

Three giggly japanese girls with blue hair offer Rayman a ride in thier geo metro- which seems to appeal to him. They also think this pudgy video-game nerd is sexy, so go figure. Maybe they need new cybereyes or something. In any case, they're fawning over him, so the two of you will have to find your own way home.
"There are three rules to surviving a gun fight.
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
   If you can do that, you can survive."
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2006, 10:42:38 AM »

"Okay Chummers! I'll see you at the arcade! it's got a back room with pong and stuff. we can close it off for a little privacy."

with that, I'll take the blue haired joy-girls and pile into their geo. if there's not enough room, we'll have to have them sit on my lap, or me sit on their collective laps. we should probibly try bouth, just to see what way works better.
6 X 9 = 42

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2006, 11:37:24 AM »

[One 'Joy'-Ride later]

"Ahh... The arcade. "

Okay, I'll see if I can still get my T-shirt for winning the tournament, and talk to 'Joe' the shift manager, see if I can get the empoyee confrince room to myself with a couple of buddys for some important buisness. if he balks at letting me have run of the place I'll remind him of the time that I fixed his DDR machine, and if he says I used up that favor for the time I set the slurpee machine on fire, I'll offer to show him how to do the super-stealth death move that no one else can pull off.

-RuskiFace the Pirate
6 X 9 = 42

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2006, 01:39:45 PM »

The shift manager, Joe, balks at letting you use the conference room, although he does cave after you show him how to do the 'death move,' so they give your your I DA WINNOR! tshirt, and set you up in the conference room.

How about you other two runners? How are you getting to the arcade?
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2006, 02:42:53 PM »

I put on my shirt, and practice the move with Joe untill he's got it down pat. (gotta make good with the powers that be)
I'll make sure to hold back and let him beat me a couple of times with it, so he feels good.

then I'll go about securing the employee confrence room. checking for bugs, and doing what I can to make sure people won't be bothering us durring an inoppertune time.

-Raymond.
6 X 9 = 42

AJStarhiker

• Runner
« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2006, 03:40:08 PM »

I take a cab.  It's the easiest way since my bike's still at home...and slightly less odds someone'll jump me.

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2006, 04:11:45 PM »

Oh, and I turn on my shirt, so the digital 'winnorz' scrolls acrost it all flashey like.

-Raymond.
6 X 9 = 42

bull30548

• Grunt
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2006, 10:31:42 AM »

I'll take a cab back home and grab my bike and take it to the arcade finding a secure place for it.

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2006, 12:27:40 PM »

After a few minutes, two cab rides, three blue-haired girls wandering outside to have a soy-bacco cigarette, and the quick ride to the arcade on motorcycle, you are all at the arcade.

Rayman's three blue-haired japanese girls are outside smoking, and they give you a glance as you walk by. Two of the three of them are on thier phones, calling someone, telling them in excited little girl voices that they've got an 'in' for the hot new club tonight.

As you enter the arcade, it's like an assault on all your senses. Brilliant lights flash, images pop up and dissolve, the sound is close to deafening as the full-body Dance Revolution Machine tries to be louder than the 'Street Fighter' full body VR combat.

There are also some datajack games at the back, but the unwashed kids playing those just lie there comatose and quiet.

A slightly older punk with a few piercings in his nose watches you approach the back of the arcade, and when he catches your eye, he flashes a small, dark green BTL chip, as if offering to sell.

The room in the back of the arcade has a small plas-wood door, with a wire-mesh through the small window, to keep anyone from breaking it. Once you get inside, the sound and lights from outside are dampened, but the replacement isn't much better.

It's a cheap place, with dim lighting, water-damaged ceiling tiles, and a few stray wires hanging down. The conference table has seen many generations of employees watching boring training videos and sitting in boring meetings, and it shows. There are numerous names carved into the cheap plas-wood table. Apparently Randy loves Sally, and that's crossed out, and then he loved Sandra, and then Meri. There's something written in a dark marker about Randy having STDs... but it's not totally legible.

There are several uncomfortable-looking chairs, and one padded chair that's had some of the stuffing ripped out of it.

The walls are poorly painted and re-painted, as graffitti (most of it by the employees) covered it, but is an ugly color and peeling already.

This place looks like the worst thing about every minimum-wage job you've ever heard of, rolled into one.

Rayman is standing on one of the chairs, pushing up a ceiling tile and checking the space above the room for... you have no idea what.
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2006, 01:47:31 PM »

I'll hop down and welcome them when they come in.

"Hola Chombas! Welcome to Mi Casa away from Mi Casa!, It may not be sanatary, but I just checked; and it's secure."

I'll stand and grin, puffing out my chest so they can see that I'm wearing my new T-Shirt.
6 X 9 = 42

AJStarhiker

• Runner
« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2006, 10:30:41 PM »

I look around the arcade as I walk in.  Despite having been in the neighborhood a few months, I've never come in here before.  I automatically dampen the noise to more tolerable levels.*  That trick's probably saved my hearing dozens of times.  I pause by the VR Street Fighter game for a moment before continuing towards the back.  Maybe I'll give it a try later.

When I get to the back room, I glance around with a grimace.  I've seen some dives--especially when my sister's first band was trying to get noticed--but this has to be in the worst ten.

I nod in response to Rayman's greeting and raise an eyebrow when I see the flashing marquee on his shirt.

I lean against the table, crossing my arms, "So, what do you think: Datasteal or should we go for the bonus?"

*OOC: Let me know if that's not how it works.  I don't have my books with me and can't remember off hand.

bull30548

• Grunt
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #74 on: April 21, 2006, 12:43:46 AM »

Slipping in with my helmet still on to dampenthe sound and going in the back room.  Seeing Rayman on the chair and Aj leanign against the tableadmiring her form again.  Shaking my head to clear the thoughts as I remove the helmet.

"Well you have your shirt now can we get  to work.  I bet if we look at the data a offsite data steal is out.   But we still need to look at the available data though.  If it is that simple though let us just do the simple steal.  Better to get a little coin and cred than nothing for greed."

Moving to the back of the room putting my back to the wall and facing the door.   Flipping  openmy little wrist computer.  Setting  it to recieve data from another  source.

"Send the data please lets start going over it before we start trying to figure out what we are going to do."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7693 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 19 queries.