Shadowrun Pub

• April 26, 2024, 10:10:14 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Corp Wars  (Read 1658 times)

Overlander

Corp Wars
« on: April 26, 2006, 08:48:05 PM »

It was 3:00 A.M. and i was heading down to the Avalon. I wasnt there like most people were there for. i was here because i had a Johnson in there. After passing through the front doors, i had to adjust the place around me. The light here was dim and it was fraggin loud, but that wasnt surprising. After a quick scan of the peoples auras, i spotted my Johnson. I walked over to him. I was wearing dark glasses and my long coat so he wouldnt be able to find out who i was. Making sure i had everything to conceal myself from my gloves to the bandana over my hair were on.
He said, " You must be Cypher." The man was a big and fat. He had about 3 chins and looked about the weight of 5 men. He also seemed like a multi-millionaire.
hmmm...good money, i thought.
"Ya that's me. So fill me in on this run." i just wanted to get on so i could start.
"Okay. There is this mage hiding out somewhere in Boston. His name is Dr. Tyson GIbbs.He has been been a real nuisance to me, always getting in the way of.....business."
"What sort of business?" My Johnson ignored the question and went on.
"Anyway i want you to track him down and dispose of the man. His name is Gibson Tawnese. Also i need you to make sure to grab a disk that he is probably keeping in his jacket."
"And the payments?" i asked.
"5k nuyen right now and 20k when you are done with the run.
"Sounds good" i said. REAl GOOD.
He slotted a credstick and sent the payments.
"I better get started." i said and walked off.
TO BE CONTINUED............
« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 07:10:15 AM by Overlander »

Overlander

Re:Corp Wars
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 07:23:43 PM »

Right when i got home, i got out my simsense and picked out the newest BTL chip i had. i knew i should have been working, but BTL's are fraggin irresitible. I jacked in and stayed that way for 2 hours. when i got off it was already late so i decided to call it a day.

I woke up in the morning to loud shouting and lots of gunfire and.....what was that sound?? Using my magic i traced it to the main floor. I opened my door and froze-the place was a mess! There were bullet holes all over the walls. There was a man laying down with 3 bullets in his chest. He wouldnt last.
"What is goin on here?" i asked the guy. For a moment i thought i lost him but....
"Ss-soldiers....from...ugh," the man grunted in pain, spat out blood, and continued, "Nova...T-Tech..." Just as he finished, he took a deep breath which would never come out.
Frag it! Why would they be here? But he had no time to finish when he heard footsteps from above coming towards him.
"Get him!" the one in the lead yelled, and in unison they chased me and started shooting. I ran down 2 steps, jumped 5, ran 1 and jumped off the entire stairway. I could feel myself fallin and falling until i used Physical Barrier to protect myself from the fall. I pulled out my katana- didnt feel like guns today-and hacked at the guards guarding the doors. I ran and ran until i found an alley 2 blocks away. i went in and stayed in the shadowy, darkest parts of the place. The soldiers ran by and didnt look twice into the alley.
Now i was all alone and wondering why soldiers from Novatech would be here and why they would want me dead. It didnt make sense. I waited for half an hour and finally left pullin over a cab. Time to start working. I managed to get past airport security with all the stuff i had and in minutes i was headed for Boston.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 06:55:26 AM by Overlander »

Overlander

Re:Corp Wars
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 07:47:55 PM »

As soon as i got to Boston, i went to a restuarant and i called Ruski, a new friend of mine. He is a good decker and i thought he could tell me where Gibbs was.
"Hey Ruski. I need you to find out where a man name Gibbs lives. All i know is he is in boston." I told him everything else he would need to know.
"All right. That will be 5k. I got a headstart already."

Ruski said that the man had just left the New England Aquarium and is heading for Cafe Suisses. He had the telcom number and everything. Told ya he was good.
"What can i do for you sir?" the man asked.
"Nothing. i was just about to leave." i answered hurriedly.
I was heading for Cafe Suisses now, with only about 45 minutes to get Gibbs. I stopped a nice looking car in front of me and asked if they could take me to Cafe Suisses. They picked me up and i waited. Here is your stop the lady said. I noticed something wrong with her tone, but i just couldnt tell what it was....But before i could look at her aura, she wirled around and tried to shoot me.It barely missed my left arm. i opened the door and sprinted into the Cafe, the lady shooting at me. After i got in, i looked at the car model. It was from Novatech! What was it with these people. Since my decker also provided with me a picture, i spotted the man easily. I watched him 3 seats away while sipping my soycaf. After about 10 minutes he left. He got out and went inside his.....NOVATECH model car. I spotted a hummer with the stick still in. The driver was outside checking the peson he ran over. i got in and jammed the Lone Star tracker. Gibbs started off and i waited for a minute until i went after him. The guy who was checking the roadkill didnt notice until i turned the curb. The man kept going until he got to this warehouse and went in. i parked the Hummer 2 blocks away. I walked up to the warehouse and peeked through the doors. There he was, talking to someone else, a buff ork by the looks of it. Frag it. I pulled out my pistol and aimed it at Gibbs head. BAM!! Finally Gibbs was down. The ork didnt know what happened and i shot him once in the heart and once in the head. Done. I was about to leave when i remembered something. The disc! I searched Gibbs' jacket and found nothing. Drek. I did find a cred stick and picked it up as a tip. I looked in the orks jacket and...voila, i had it. Time to head home.

I met up with my Johnson and told him the good news. I handed him the disk while i got a nice credstick. Instead of 20k in it there was 30k. He said it was a tip.
"But i am not done. Meet me here again in a week's time and i will give you another job." Mr.Johnson said.
"Got it." i replied and left for my well deserved break, wondering about Novatech...
« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 07:15:51 AM by Overlander »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7376 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 17 queries.