Shadowrun RPG > Magic and the Planes

Spirit powers

(1/8) > >>

Curris:
As I was reading through the January Run, and I read the post where the spirit was pushing the halon out of the room, I thought this up.

I was under the assumption that spirits (and elementals) could only perform actions pertaining to manifestable powers and abilities.

To me, "pushing air" doesn't seem to be equivalent to Accident, Guard, Manifest, Engulf, etc.

My question is this. What other non-keyword powers do spirits (and elementals) have? Do these minors actions decrease their force, as though completing a task? Can they be performed by only certain types of entities? (Such as "pushing air" can only be done by air elementals, and sky spirits, or can any astral entity do this?)

Thank you for your responses, as this may get a grip on whether or not I have been running spirits correctly. . .

mercy:
ah but pushing the halon out the vents does quilify as guard to guard is to protect the caster and breathing halon is life threating

Ruski:
Mostly, I try to think about how hard it would be to do something.

moving air arround isn't very tough if you have a fan.

-RuskiFace the Pirate

ROOTless:
Or plenty of liquid helium, a (very!) good thermal insulation suit and a shovel.

Curris:
Okay, so the abilities are up to interpretation then. . .

But to continue the example, yes, it is easy to move air with a fan. However, controlling the direction of motion with said fan, that could be rediculously difficult. But, it's magic, so. . . it's plausible. . .

In addition, can watcher spirits be summoned only by shamans, or do mages have some equivalent?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version