Shadowrun Pub

• April 27, 2024, 03:51:26 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sr3-to-Sr4 Vehicle conversions?  (Read 1544 times)

Gilliam

• FNG
Sr3-to-Sr4 Vehicle conversions?
« on: April 30, 2006, 12:29:02 PM »

ok, I'm kinda new here, but I've been playing shadowrun for quite a while.  I just switched up to Sr4, and I like it a lot.  With the notable exception of the vehicle selection and customizability.

I'm looking for some guidelines on converting the old Sr3 vehicle goodies into 4th ed stats.

All this will end up being quite ad-hoc, but I wanted to put the question to a larger group of minds, rather than trying to come up with a lot of stuff myself.  (my vehicle ideas tend to cause massive balance problems)

As a starting point, how do you guys think the new handling ratings were calculated?  I'm pretty stumped, but if we can find a conversion system, I can then use the old vehicle list from Rigger 3, and have a lot more toys to play with in my game.
Lover of  Colors.

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Prime Runner
  • Only the Dead have seen the end of War...
Re:Sr3-to-Sr4 Vehicle conversions?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 07:39:46 AM »

Personally, as a GM I let anything that makes the players happy work. vehicles in particular are easy to 'ballance'

if they get too powerfull, have someone hit it with a missle. M Dammage does wonders to even out the fray...

really, before you get into 'fixing the system' you should really think about what you don't like about the new system and why?

what do you want to do that you can't,
and is there a way to do it with the new system that's just hard / expencive?

and top it off with a: 'how does this abstract system reflect real life (shadowrun has always been a game based on 'realism' after all)

if you can go down to long-beach and carjack yourself into any number of 500 HP cars, why would it be so impossible to do the same thing in shadowrun?

-RuskiFace the Pirate
No one writes jokes in Base-13
6 X 9 = 42

Gilliam

• FNG
Re:Sr3-to-Sr4 Vehicle conversions?
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 09:37:02 PM »

I'm really just looking for a bench-mark to base some ad-hoc stats on.  I'm not sure at all how the numbers in the back of Sr4 were calculated, and I was hoping to pick the community's collective brain for a few guidlines.

I like the new Vehicle setup, and the chase rules.   I just would have liked to have more vehicle examples in the back of the book is all.  

Also, the customization for vehicles only involves electronic systems (sensors, pilots), rigger adaptation, and a generic "weapon mount."

I guess I'll give it some more thought once I get my copy of the book back, (lent it to a player who takes forever to make characters) and then post a few ideas/musings, looking for opinions.
Lover of  Colors.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7386 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 20 queries.