Shadowrun Pub

• April 25, 2024, 05:59:42 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Seattle  (Read 3755 times)

kv

• Too lazy to contact Ingo for a custom title
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
    • Click here to see a bigger verison of my Pic!
Seattle
« on: May 05, 2006, 06:30:43 PM »

Please let me know what you think of this; I'm trying to adjust it for those players that have never really read the books (like my group of new players), but I wanted something that would make all you folks happy too.

Here's Seattle.

"There are three rules to surviving a gun fight.
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
   If you can do that, you can survive."
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
Re:Seattle
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 09:11:37 AM »

HHHmmmmmmmmmmmm........ Well, except for that big acrology-like building in the background, it looks almost just like Seattle to me. ;) Beut seriously, the black pyramid should probably be more of an obtuse angle there. It looks a bit steep to have over 300 floors. Just one elf's opinion. But very good indeed. You might also want to check out some art-sites on the net that may be able to get you a panoramic Seattle Skyline view. Then you can splice in some more futuristic buildings behind the main skyline and maybe even add a dragon or something silohoutted against the moon.

Gabriel
We do not choose this life. We do not enjoy this life. We simply live this life. Because sometimes, even the shadows need their heroes.

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 06:02:55 PM »

Well, that was the idea. I'm staring off new runners, and I wanted to give them a newspaper writeup like I did for my brothers last time we played - a kind of 'here's how everyone else sees what you did!' thing.

They're fun to do, but one of the starter runs I did for them was to run them through back to the shack- I had just done a group, so I had them go for a meet with Mr. Johnson at the resturaunt at the top of the Seattle Space needle, and then terrorists attacked, trying to take everyone hostage. It was fun, and let them be heroes.

So this is for another one of those newspapers sheets. If you can find me any sort of panoramic view of Seattle, I'll try and make a complete skyline.

-kv
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2006, 07:46:55 AM »

I did a google search on Seattle Skyline and found some really good ones. All of them would be appropriate, but they had a few with a mountian in the backround which I think is part of the Cascade Mountians, but I didn't really look it up. Of course, I don't have to do any of the photoshopping, so I can recomend all kinds of good pix all day long. ;)

Gabriel
We do not choose this life. We do not enjoy this life. We simply live this life. Because sometimes, even the shadows need their heroes.

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2006, 12:45:47 PM »

Actually, a lot of pictures of Seattle feature Mt Ranier (which you can see on a clear day) or Mt Saint Helens (which you might see on a clear day if you're lucky). Both are to the southeast.

Earmark what ones you wanted me to look at, and I'll start figuring out what I need to do.

Also, what other buildings are prominent in the Seattle skyline? I put the arcology in this one, but what other buildings should I include?

-kv
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2006, 05:43:55 AM »

Actually, aside from the Arc and the Space Needle, who can say. One corporate skyraker is the same as any ontehr. You could put in some corporate signage on some of the buildings if you like, although I would keep it kind of sparse so as not to be too overwhelming.

Gabriel

Zone

• Our Lady of Drones
  • Runner
  • Semper Gumby: Always Flexible
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2006, 07:06:12 AM »

Borrow a bit from the Bladerunner skyline perhaps - not to much since its a bit overwhelming...
As a general rule, don't solve puzzles that open portals to hell.

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2006, 07:17:08 AM »

Damn good idea, actually. THey had an archology in that movie. I bet that's what the Renracu Pyramid was based off of.

Gabriel

Ingo Monk

• SysOp
  • Experienced Runner
  • VOODOO!
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2006, 11:23:15 AM »

Hey Kid, I could e-mail you some pics.  Me and my wife went to Seattle for a weeding mid July.  I even bought a Rand McNally map of Seattle to use for reference in my game!

Buildings of note in SR:
Obiviously there's the space needle, then there's the Renraku Arcology which is a couple of blocks away (I could visualize where it was supposed to be from the observation deck of the Needl).  There's also the Aztechnology Arcology (which looks like a Mayan pyramid and glows a bright white color at night).  Don't forget the Lone Star building, which looks like a smaller blue pyramid (Eqyptian style) that has several basement levels with a huge arsenal of weapons and vehicles.

Buildings of note in Seattle:
In Seattle Center there's the Needle, with it's observation deck at 520 feet in the air (and the elevators go up there mighty fast too!).  From that deck you can look down and see the Science Fiction Museum, the Keystone building (I think that's what it's called) where the Supersonics play.  To the southease you have an excellent view of Downtown.  Just to the right of that you can see Mt. Rainier (and that sucker is HUGE!).  To the north a bit is another mountain, Mt. Hood I think?  Just below and a little more right you can see the Seahawks and Mariners stadiums (yes, each team has their own statium).  Queen Anne Hill is pretty prominent too.

I also visited Pike Place open market which is basically a 3 floor shopping center with vendors/shops EVERYWHERE!  I saw the Pike Place Fish Market Co. where you order a fish and the guy yells for it and a guy from the back throws it to the front and the front guy catches it and gives it to you (did you get that?).  I also went to the first Starbucks store, opened 1971.

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2006, 01:15:53 PM »

Did you order just a "cup of coffe"???? I bet they HATE that there. ;)

Gabriel

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
  • Only the Dead have seen the end of War...
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2006, 07:07:36 AM »

Yea. I bet they really 'hate' charging $14 for $0.14 worth of java.
hate it hate it hate it!

LOL
-Ruski
No one writes jokes in Base-13
6 X 9 = 42

Ingo Monk

• SysOp
  • Experienced Runner
  • VOODOO!
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2006, 04:06:31 PM »

Haha!

Actually it was friggin hot that weekend day (90s) and the skies were pretty clear.  So I ordered an iced latte, it was $3 something.

Since it was bright & sunny the pictures were actually pretty good.  I also found out that the space needle sways during and earthquake, would suck to be on top of it during one ;)

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
  • Only the Dead have seen the end of War...
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2006, 09:12:14 AM »

most of the new buildings 'shimme' durring an earthquake... but I think the space needle is older than that technology.

-Ruski
No one writes jokes in Base-13
6 X 9 = 42

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2006, 02:10:33 PM »

I think it's just a big top-heavy tower.

Those sway too, whethery they were designed to or not. ;D

-kv
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Ingo Monk

• SysOp
  • Experienced Runner
  • VOODOO!
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2006, 05:50:36 PM »

You should see the support beams for the sucker.  There's 3 sets of support beams, each is like 3 steel I beams welded together.  The bolts are like 2 to 3 inches in diameter and the nuts are bigger than your fist.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7368 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 21 queries.