Shadowrun RPG > The Corporations

Aztechnology

(1/6) > >>

kv:
Hey all-

I'm planning on sending some of my runners down to help a friend in CalFree with a little prototype aquisition, and he's going to need them to cross the border south out of CalFree and into San Diego, where this prototype is stored.

I'm already working on Photochopping some cityscapes of San Diego, but I was curious if anyone had heard what things were like between Los Angeles (and the rest of CalFree) and San Diego (Aztlan). Are there lots of patrols? Military presence?

How far north does the Aztlan border extend (those of you familiar with cities of SoCal would be very helpful here)?

-kv

Retread:
I wasn't aware that Aztlan had control of San Diego... perhaps I'm out of touch, though.

kv:
Specifically, the things that I'm interested in is the area between Los Angeles and San Diego. Forces there, where the border is exactly, stuff like that.

So, what are patrols like on the Aztlan side? How many? How frequent?

In Corporate Download (pg. 49), it says that a standard Leopard Guard unit for Aztechnology consists of a mage (typically a shaman, of the totems Snake, Jaguar, Scorpion, Wolf, Puma, Dog, or Plumed Serprent), an adept, and three cybered hoop-kickers.

It also says that Jaguar Guard are nastier than Leopard guard, but how much so? What makes them nastier?

What are the units for 'standard' Aztechnology corporate guards?

How about on the CalFree/Pueblo side?
I'm running this before PCC took over the desert, so would the CalFree side be better or worse off?

Retread:
Well, you could have picked a harder country for the players to sneak into... *snicker*

Anyway, between LA and San Diego was never really covered by any sourcebooks, so the best I can really say is to make most of it up based on the Aztlan sourcebook, if you've got it. However, here's a hand:

From Target: Smuggler Havens, there is a listing for the ratings of borders and how to cross them:

Aztlan: Sensor Rating: 10 Flux Rating: 10 ECM: 6 ECD: 5  Professional Rating/Karma Pool 4/4.

Scary, huh? Yeah, like I said, you picked a doozy. Better hope your runners are getting paid well enough. Anyway, the Aztlan border guards usually consist of paranormal animals and spirits. The ground patrol is usually 20 well-armed, highly armored troops equipped with Ferrari Appaloosas, Liebre RPV Drones, Tiburon Patrol boats, Aguilar helicopters, Halcon attack aircraft, and Lobo LAVs.

Your players best bet is to get smuggled in by someone who knows what the hell they're doing. However, if the players try to gun it, they'll probably die, painfully. There best bet is to cue in with some kind of distraction or to sneak in through the outskirts of LA perhaps during a riot of some sort. As for the trip in between, that's up to you, keep in mind that most if not all the Aztlan citizens will be Mexicans as most of the gringos left when Aztlan declared itself an NAN (and then subsequently were removed of that status)

Keep in mind that Aztlan has some weird laws, too. For example, you can have nice body armor, and an automatic weapon carried with you without a permit. The trouble is, the police have much much better weapons than you can muster. Additionally, if the policia injure or kill any civilians or cause collateral damage while chasing you, YOU foot the crime and the bill for it. Fragged up, huh? Despite this, Aztlan is the only nation to recognize free spirits as citizens. The environment there isn't exactly... clean there either. All the products in Aztlan are made by Aztechnology, additionally, nuyen is an illegally traded commodity as money must be exchanged for pesos immediately, and those pesos cannot be traded back for any other currency as Aztlan has a closed economy.

kv:
Whoa. See, that's awesome. Very helpful, too.

The idea is to have them have to drive from LA to Temecula (the CalFree side of the border) and then sneak across into San Diego, where they're going to have to break into a research facility and steal a prototype.

Then they'll have to make it back across the border, and then back to LA, where they'll catch a nice, relaxing ride home.

Of course, during thier trip there, they're going to have to tangle with a group of Leopard guards while in the research facility, and those Leopard guards are going to hold a grudge and HUNT the runners.

Seeing as how we're on the subject, is there any chance you would know what sort of body armor the generic aztech guards would have, and what the Leopard guards would have? (I don't have the Aztlan sourcebook, and the Corporate download isn't a big help there)

-kv

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version