Shadowrun Pub

• April 27, 2024, 03:15:36 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Small curiousity question  (Read 2141 times)

Capt_North

• Grunt
  • Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride.
Small curiousity question
« on: June 20, 2006, 11:36:05 AM »

Hey people, just picked up 4th edit shadowrun book yesterday, and had a slight irony kinda thing.. forgot that in 4th they go wire less, and at the same time i grabbed a wireless connection for my own computer (no more dorm public computers yeah!!)

i was skimming though and found the technomancer stuff kinda cool, and seeing as i still like to play the Capt, i got curious... vampres can be mages, adepts, or mystic adepts... but can they do the whole technomancer thing?

bring a new risk to on-line dating..
"Yeah john.. these past few weeks have been great... but, well in the truth im a middle aged troll with more chrome then a mercury comet  working as a bouncer at the local nightclub..."
"oh... well.. that kinda hurts.. but since we are coming clean, im actually a vampire technomage with a thing for netgirls..."
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.

Retread

• Runner
Re:Small curiousity question
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 06:21:31 PM »

Er... Don't vampires have regeneration? If so, they can't get cybertech.
"Why do I care? Personally, I think everyone smells a little bit better when their flesh is smouldering..."    ---Dros, Vindictive Fire Mage

kv

• Too lazy to contact Ingo for a custom title
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
    • Click here to see a bigger verison of my Pic!
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 10:26:54 PM »

Could wear 'trodes, but I don't know if that would work.

-kv
"There are three rules to surviving a gun fight.
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
   If you can do that, you can survive."
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Capt_North

• Grunt
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 01:02:57 PM »

well.. with book in lap.. it says a technomancer doesnt need any cyberbits or commlink or anything to access the wireless matrix.. its kinda like mages, they "project" into the matrix with a living persona, kinda like a mages avatar when going astral, not only that they can feel the data flow in the air and stuff like that, and tend to get twitchy when they are in areas with no reception or anything..

also could make things harder for vamps.. less they got a commlink and some shades or contacts or such to connect Via they are walking around as a little blank spot, something security types look out for (some areas its illegal to go in hidden mode, where you keep your sys blocked off from others so they cant read you or what not, most places its fine, but in a place where they want to know if you have a sin or such or if you belong there you have to have it on or its say hello to Mr Lonestar.) all you really need for connectivity is a comlink to broadcast your stuff and your fine, dont even need cybereyes, just get some shades or whatever and you can see AR stuff from the spam bill board that you cant see in norm view, to what ever else.
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.

Capt_North

• Grunt
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 01:18:24 PM »

.... had bit more to add..

i guess technomancer is suppose to be kinda magic/tech related, new form of awakening, they are essentially 2nd gen Otaku. they dont need a deck, or programs or anything, they got sprites, computer programs they write on their own, and are essentially like spirits, if you dont register "bind" them right they tend to go run wild, not going to attack you but like to play part time gremlins. They cant actually manifest, but, you can stick certian ones in drones and have them follow you around.

its kinda a weird thing.. im still trying to figure some things out.. like if they could do things like.. say, take over a drone or vechile being piloted by a rigger, or what, that would make it just a tad over powered.. but then again i guess its even more reason to invest in a really good firewall. and seems even technomancers have to speciallize a bit to be riggers.

course, theres downsides.. like the fact that when you run into IC you dont have anything filtering  what they are sending to you, you are the filter.. you also got "Fading" which is essentially drain, you get it from complex forms (still reading about those) and creating sprites. and theres submersion, finding little special realms in the matrix where you can basicly "upgrade" yourself in diffrent ways, biofiltering upgrades, overclocking your LP sys clock so you act faster on the matrix, and other kinda of stuff.  even create a "fire wire" link with another technomancer letting you know their general condition, their mood, if being attacked,  pain, or what ever else when on-line. the other mancer could even link with the other person and get the same info. *shrugs* kinda cool and kinda weird.

Retread

• Runner
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 05:42:45 PM »

Submersion is the Technomancer (Otaku) analog of Initiation. Most of those abilities were available in 3rd edition. Info Sortilage was one of the more interesting ones. Along with creating Daemons (Greater Form Sprites, relatively)
"Why do I care? Personally, I think everyone smells a little bit better when their flesh is smouldering..."    ---Dros, Vindictive Fire Mage

Ingo Monk

• SysOp
  • Experienced Runner
  • VOODOO!
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 03:01:53 PM »

Technomancers are generally mages on the matrix.  They have powers that coincide with magic (sprites=spirits, certain abilityes=smiliar spells, etc.).  I don't see why a person could not be a technomancer AND a vampire at the same time.

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill

kv

• Too lazy to contact Ingo for a custom title
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
    • Click here to see a bigger verison of my Pic!
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2006, 11:36:24 AM »

You can overclock yourself?

Weirdness.

-kv
"There are three rules to surviving a gun fight.
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
   If you can do that, you can survive."
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Capt_North

• Grunt
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2006, 08:21:30 PM »

Kinda. its not a perm thing, once your back to normal reality and not surfing your still going your normal speed and not max level wired reflexes on energy drink & pills speed. only works when your in full augmented reality and "projecting"

Retread

• Runner
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2006, 03:41:27 PM »

The Overclocking ability is basically like adding a Response increase on an old deck. (3rd edition but still relative)

Submersion takes place in what were known as Resonance Wells, odd places in the Matrix like little nodes of no importance that seem to appear out of nowhere. I liken these resonance wells to Matrix "metaplanes" as only the Otaku can reach these places or bring a decker with them to see them. It's like they exist as data that spontaneously came about through bits of broken data in the system; the same way that Metaplanes are concious thoughts through an ebb and flow of mana, Resonance wells are inputted data and clock cycles that never got completely wiped and started to "polarize" if you catch my meaning.

I've said long ago that the human spirit goes everywhere and imprints everything, mana and data alike and from that spirit are created things that are human-like.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7386 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 17 queries.