Shadowrun Pub

• May 02, 2024, 09:58:48 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 11 more days!  (Read 3989 times)

Zone

• Our Lady of Drones
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Runner
  • Semper Gumby: Always Flexible
Re:11 more days!
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2006, 02:04:19 PM »

Okay, I have to address the obvious and stupid question:

Why would a group of historical perfectionists choose a title like "Society of Creative Acronyms"?

-KV

LOL.  "But I have got my Chicago Manual of Style"
As a general rule, don't solve puzzles that open portals to hell.

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2006, 03:42:48 PM »

no, I'm not joining the SCA. Closest I've done to that is learning how to use a sword. And to help out retread, The REn fest, or resesaince festival is just that. They have jousting, magic shows, comedy shows, smithing, glass blowing, jugglers, craft shops, and loads of food. The SCA is a group of people who go to this and many other type events and dress in period. This will be my first time to the one in texas. Been to the one here in louisiana twice. Hell, the one here starts on Nov. 4th so if I got nothin better to do I might go again. Oh, and gabe, don't mention this to lee. He ain't comin. We didn't want to tell him because whenever we go anywhere with him it's like being shaperoned by your dad. Dude's a big fuddie-duddie. Remember when we all went bowling and he just sat there and watched?

I tell you what, I won't tell him if you cobbers actually make plans to come over for that BattleTech weekend we talked about a few months back. Of course, nothing is saying we can't all meet up at the Festival in Hammond some time next month. OH, and since this is your first time, take a lot of pictures and have fun at the Mud Pit. That is a gret show and I think you'll enjoy it.

Gabriel
We do not choose this life. We do not enjoy this life. We simply live this life. Because sometimes, even the shadows need their heroes.

AJStarhiker

• Runner
  • I much prefer ice and snow to sand and rock.
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2006, 09:26:22 PM »

Well, an anachronism is anything that's out of place for the time period.  Medieval in a modern setting qualifies.

At least, that's how it was explained to me.

Jester

• Nutcase
  • Experienced Runner
  • I OWN ALL THE TWINKIES MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2006, 04:50:26 AM »

no, I'm not joining the SCA. Closest I've done to that is learning how to use a sword. And to help out retread, The REn fest, or resesaince festival is just that. They have jousting, magic shows, comedy shows, smithing, glass blowing, jugglers, craft shops, and loads of food. The SCA is a group of people who go to this and many other type events and dress in period. This will be my first time to the one in texas. Been to the one here in louisiana twice. Hell, the one here starts on Nov. 4th so if I got nothin better to do I might go again. Oh, and gabe, don't mention this to lee. He ain't comin. We didn't want to tell him because whenever we go anywhere with him it's like being shaperoned by your dad. Dude's a big fuddie-duddie. Remember when we all went bowling and he just sat there and watched?

I tell you what, I won't tell him if you cobbers actually make plans to come over for that BattleTech weekend we talked about a few months back. Of course, nothing is saying we can't all meet up at the Festival in Hammond some time next month. OH, and since this is your first time, take a lot of pictures and have fun at the Mud Pit. That is a gret show and I think you'll enjoy it.

Gabriel

I'd be down with going to the one in hamond. It starts on the 4th of next month. Problem is it would have to be on a weekend I'm off and that's usually when we roleplay. Maybe I can get the whole group to go on a saturday
"Rivers of gold are grand, but golden streams....not so much."    :jester:

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2006, 08:17:14 AM »

Ah, we are such creatures of roll-playing habit are we not? Just let me know. Oh and don't get too excited about the jousting in Houtson. It really is the worste display I've ever seen. The rest of the fest is fun, though. Say hi to the Centaur if he's there this year. He usually hangs out near the adventurer's area by the pirates.

Gabriel
We do not choose this life. We do not enjoy this life. We simply live this life. Because sometimes, even the shadows need their heroes.

Jester

• Nutcase
  • Experienced Runner
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2006, 06:36:56 AM »

hehe, will do

Jester

• Nutcase
  • Experienced Runner
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2006, 04:39:05 PM »

welp, I'll be leaving tonight. I'll catch yall later :)

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2006, 06:40:06 AM »

Enjoy!

Gabriel

Jester

• Nutcase
  • Experienced Runner
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2006, 10:50:18 AM »

man, had a great time. Took 3 rolls of film. I really need to invest in a camera like my friend, Kelly has. She has a card on it that can hold over 600 photos. So while I was changing film she was snapping away. Plus it also has a really cool zoom feature. My shots of the jousting look far out while hers look really good. The first day was walking around, playing a few games, shopping, and watching the jousting. We were all beat after that. We didn't even feel like going anywhere to get food. We just went down the street to the gas station to get some stuff. What was really cool was that there wa a bus that broguth us to the fair and back that night when it was over. Yesterday we went back and cought a few shows before the rain really started coming down. Stupid tropical depression. We saw Dead Bob, kind of a ventriliquist. Lots of audiance oarticipation and really funny. Then we walked over to the glass blowing demo. Talk about something cool to watch. After that we went and watched a group of 3 guys who put on a comedic version of romeo and juliet called romeo and juliet 2.0. Those guys were really good too. After that we grabbed some food and hit a couple more shops. The food there is excelent btw. We wound up leaving at around 3. I rode with Kelly so we got home a little after 9. The other 3 that were with us stopped in baton rouge to grab food so they got back about an hour or so later. I'll try and post some pics when I get them developed.

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2006, 12:48:45 PM »

In the big BR and didn't even call, huh?? Bummer, chummer. Oh, did you get to see the Sturdy Beggars Mud Pit??

Gabriel

Jester

• Nutcase
  • Experienced Runner
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2006, 04:59:47 AM »

no, we hadded planned on going to the shows on sunday but only got 3 of them in before the rain started coming down hard

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2006, 09:31:06 AM »

Well that sucks. But hey, rain is better at the Texas Ren Fest. ;)

Gabriel

Jester

• Nutcase
  • Experienced Runner
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2006, 05:13:41 AM »

lol, if you say so. Good thing I had a pancho

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2006, 06:53:33 AM »

Well, was the poncho historically acurate???? ;)

Gabriel

Jester

• Nutcase
  • Experienced Runner
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2006, 05:08:28 AM »

it kept me historically dry
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7518 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 17 queries.