Shadowrun Pub

• April 19, 2024, 01:43:44 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: magic in space?  (Read 6512 times)

Retread

• Runner
Re:magic in space?
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2006, 03:44:11 PM »

Yes, but Luna is closer.

Radiation has some strange effect on the Astral. Presumably the background count of the sun would be off the scale due to the radiation.

When Ares dumped FAB III into Bug City, the FAB started to feed on the background count generated by the radiation. While the Sun may be the source of all life, I can only presume that it needs to be processed before it becomes "flavored" to our liking. The mana generated by the sun would be incredibly powerful.

In a symbolic way, however, I can see where the Sun may be "flavored" to our liking, however...
"Why do I care? Personally, I think everyone smells a little bit better when their flesh is smouldering..."    ---Dros, Vindictive Fire Mage

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2006, 12:57:50 PM »

With magic, EVERYTHING is symbolism. It's what makes ritual casting (and I'm talking the initiation version whose name I forget at the moment) possible at all. It's also what makes background count such a cnosideration. Sure Auschtwitz (sp) has a massive BC becasue of the suffering there, but so does the Vatican, and for a totally different reason. The Vatican has a BC of 4/5 because people beleive in the Church there, and that symbolic belief in a diety/ideology/religion fuels the astral in the area. So in a very real sense, if you get enought people believing, and I mean REALLY believing, in an idea/concept/symbol, then that belief is tuyrned into power.

Gabriel
We do not choose this life. We do not enjoy this life. We simply live this life. Because sometimes, even the shadows need their heroes.

kv

• Too lazy to contact Ingo for a custom title
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
    • Click here to see a bigger verison of my Pic!
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2006, 04:39:26 PM »

I've heard Salt Lake City described that way- in fact, all the megacorps have headquarters there, because they get almost free magica security.

-kv
"There are three rules to surviving a gun fight.
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
   If you can do that, you can survive."
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7326 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 18 queries.