Shadowrun Pub

• April 19, 2024, 03:31:01 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Channel 4 News Exclusive!  (Read 2324 times)

kv

• Too lazy to contact Ingo for a custom title
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
    • Click here to see a bigger verison of my Pic!
Channel 4 News Exclusive!
« on: November 28, 2006, 12:11:51 PM »

as told by Jeff "Kahuna" Sharp

If you guys were watching the news the other night, you probably heard about this, but I thought I would give you the paydata myself, so you can avoid falling into the same (or similar) predicament.

It started off simple enough- I was catching breaks out in the Pungent Sound, and I got a call from MFI. I have visual calls blocked when I'm out there, but he over-routed something, because his face popped up as I was starting to ride down a crest. I panicked, couldn't see enough of the wave to keep my footing, and tumbled into the water.

When I got my head above water, I swore at him, and he dropped me into hold music while I paddled into shore. Seattle's shores are mostly sharp rocks (in case you've never had the icy pleasure of surfing these waters), so while I was walking into the campground where my van was, I was moving as fast as possible- I was almost afraid that MFI would pop up again while I was trying to save my poor feet and thin surf shoes from getting cut to ribbons- he seems to show up at inconvinient times like that.

I actually had time to wash off my wetsuit and enclosed helmet/respirator before they pulled me back into the conference call, so I was dry (drying, anyway) and changed when they started. I saw a couple of guys I had worked with before- the dude with the one cyberarm that has a monowhip and spurs in his other arm... he's a tough fragger, but his name is Jeff too, although he doesn't like me to bring that up. His street name is Hexx, and he's pretty cool. I guess MFI muted me while I was saying hello to him and one of the other guys I had met before. MFI tells us that he's at the Eye of the Needle resturaunt, at the top of the Seattle Space Needle, asks us to meet him there for details.
"There are three rules to surviving a gun fight.
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
   If you can do that, you can survive."
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
Re:Channel 4 News Exclusive!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 12:39:20 PM »

So I packed up my chairs and firewood, locked up my van, and drove into town. Eye of the Needle is a pretty nice place, but they wouldn't take a fourty-year old VW van for valet parking, so I had to drive a couple blocks to find a parking garage, and parked it there.

It was a quick walk back, but they made me wait for the elevator, because they didn't want grubby ol me riding up with the high-class riff-raff. So I paid them the damn 10Y elevator fee, rode to the top, and sat down at MFI's table. I wasn't the first one there, but we waited for everyone to get there, and then MFI told the waiter that we were on seperate checks (an unusual move for him), and then we ordered and ate. I'm not a big fan of lots of meat, so I ordered a chicken cesear salad, and everyone else dove into a steak.

MFI pitched us a simple job- some runners wanted to hire us for support on an upcoming endeavor, and were even willing to pay us to meet with them. Sounds pretty good- he even gave us a bag of diamonds. I'm not used to getting paid in merchandise... but I can find a fence if I really need to. I don't know anything about diamonds, but I took the bag, and we talked about where we were meeting these guys- apparently they're the "Red Capes" out of Chicago, and they wanted us to wear these gay red capes to the meet.

Now, I'm not the fastest horse in the race, but this sounded like a setup to me. I figured we could check it out and figure out what these guys wanted from us, so we dumped some cash into finding out who the Red Capes were, as well as scoping the place out. We were just planning to check it out, so everyone piled into my van, and I told them not to eat more than two brownies from my stash in the back. And we drove into Redmond Barrens.
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 05:13:19 PM »

So we drove into Redmond, around broken burned-out husks of cars, and over the broken concrete retaining walls, going into the worst part of the world I've ever seen. And I'm from LA, so that's saying something.

So we get into this place, and it's not even noon yet. So I pull into the little alleyway between the two buildings, and park my van, and kick everyone out so they can scout out the area, look for possible sniper locations, and I can sit down and summon a little fire elemental- nothing huge, just something big enough to halp me out of a jam.

So after that's all done, I walk out, and the only person who's managed to get on the roof (where we're supposed to meet these Red Cape jokers) is the cat-guy who was freaking out about my van being messy. He's up there by himself, and the big orkish guy wandered off to look at a watertower he thought might be a pretty good sniper nest, so Hexx and I wandered around looking for anything that might cause trouble on our meet. We find a door to the basement that looks suspisciously well-kept, and I pull out my streetline special and my flashlight while he opens the door. I figured that maybe there was a bomb down there or something, so we stomp down into this basement to find out that one of the pipes burst, and the basement is about thigh deep in stagnant water. I can't even describe what it smelled like to you, other than to say it was something close to a rotting cat dipped in rancid oil. It was happy like that. But instead of going back, Hexx wanders deeper into this place, and I'm following right behind him, keeping an eye on his back.

We come around a corner, and face to face with half a dozen ghouls. I've met one or two ghouls who were cool, but these weren't those kind. These were the dead-eyes slobbering eat your brains kind, the ones you see on those cheap trid movies.

Hexx laid into them with his shotgun, which suprisingly, did almost nothing. He looked at me and shrugged, popping his claws out while the rest of them advanced forward. I popped one of them a couple of times, and when that didn't seem to be working, I summoned some mojo and blasted it. That seemed to work a lot better, so I started slamming these things with spells while Hexx cut them apart with his spurs and monofilament whip. His monofilament whip, humerously enough, is contained in his middle finger, rather than his first finger, like I've seen before.
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Evil Dave

• Fresh Fish
  • Who's Yo Daddy?
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 05:51:59 PM »

Damned Ghouls.  :)
Diplomicy is like saying "Nice Doggy" while you're looking for a rock.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7327 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 21 queries.