Shadowrun Pub

• May 15, 2024, 01:54:36 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Cybermod Idea  (Read 11126 times)

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
Re:Cybermod Idea
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2007, 09:19:15 AM »

LOL, then maybe you need better PC's. ;) We wiped them out in about 5 rounds. Hell, the razor-girl wannabe was the first to go down every time, and she had the best gun. In fact, I had to make it a bit tougher for the runners when the gang leader took the cashier as a hostage, but that didn't last long.

Gabriel
We do not choose this life. We do not enjoy this life. We simply live this life. Because sometimes, even the shadows need their heroes.

BornKrazi

« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2007, 12:24:31 PM »

These people went into a cluster frag and stood there like "which way do we go George, which way do we go?"

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2007, 04:52:07 AM »

Nice way to get wiped out by a bunch of punks. Can you imagine the gnagers' reactions? "We geeked these clueless cobbers at the Stuffer Shack and look at all the LOOT we got!" Hell, I sold that one guy's eyes, just his eyes, to a street doc and got enought o keep me in BTL's for a MONTH! And look at all the GUN!"

Gabriel
We do not choose this life. We do not enjoy this life. We simply live this life. Because sometimes, even the shadows need their heroes.

kv

• Too lazy to contact Ingo for a custom title
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
    • Click here to see a bigger verison of my Pic!
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2007, 11:33:30 AM »

hahahaha... I've run Back to the Shack maybe twenty different times (it's a must for all the new people who want in on our group), and I've NEVER had the gangers win. Even with a bunch of newbies who forgot to bring guns or wear armor, I've never had the gangers win.

Last time we ran a group through it- Ruski brought in some militant anti-elf fraggers with armored vans and LMGs, and the runners still wiped the floor with them. Of course, someone put my runners onto the beauty of dikote, so half of them were chopping apart the vans with katanas. ;D

-kv
"There are three rules to surviving a gun fight.
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
   If you can do that, you can survive."
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

BornKrazi

« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2007, 11:35:49 AM »

You know I still have never use dikote before...I think it's in MM, which is one book I never got, and it's starting to look like I never will... *clears throat*

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2007, 11:40:52 AM »

Patience is a virtue.

Currently I have to put all of my money into gas and school supplies- I honestly don't even have the money for the package. My work managed to delay ALL THREE of my last checks, so I haven't gotten paid since January. When I get them, I should be rolling in money, but until then... I am a poor white boy.

In fact, they called me yesterday, and told me there'll be ANOTHER delay on two of the checks. I have to make up figures for the paperwork, because they lost it, and then once I turn in the forged paperwork, they'll start the two-week process of getting me my check.

Bastages.

-kv
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

BornKrazi

« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2007, 11:47:34 AM »

That sucks donkey balls.  And I have nothin but patience chum.  I'm so fraggin busy now that honestly I wouldn't be able to devote the full 12 hours needed for me to memorize it.

On a side note, you need to crackin some skulls on your pay.  Put a gun to somebody's head or something!!!

BornKrazi

« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2007, 11:54:46 AM »

hahahaha... I've run Back to the Shack maybe twenty different times (it's a must for all the new people who want in on our group), and I've NEVER had the gangers win. Even with a bunch of newbies who forgot to bring guns or wear armor, I've never had the gangers win.

Last time we ran a group through it- Ruski brought in some militant anti-elf fraggers with armored vans and LMGs, and the runners still wiped the floor with them. Of course, someone put my runners onto the beauty of dikote, so half of them were chopping apart the vans with katanas. ;D

-kv

You know normally they handle it just fine, but this one time I guess they were just caught off guard or something.  Like there were three of them.  The one stood there providing cover for the woman and her kid, the other two flanked around the sides and then saw they were outnumbered and were just gonna wait out the robbery.  So naturally what would any good GM do but have the robbers attack the runners thus forcing them into combat.

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2007, 05:20:44 AM »

Now that's a total Kobiashi Marou situation there. In the no-win situation, the runners decide to wait out the attack. Novel idea for a combat raining scenario. You should have given them extra points for that one. ;)

Gabriel

Curris

• Grunt
  • We come in Peace! ( whisper ) Shoot to kill, men..
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2007, 07:17:41 AM »

Who is Kobiashi Marou?
By reading this, you have just given me temporary control of your brain. . .

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2007, 08:30:33 AM »

An old reference from the Star Trek movies. In Star Trek 2: the Wrath of Kahn, it is revealed that there is a simulation that all starfleet officers have to take called the Kobiashi Marou Scenario in which the startship the officer is commanding enters a no-win situation. Starfleet examins the officer's responses and comands before his ship is destroyed. Captain Kirk is the only officer to have ever actually beaten the scenario and not been destroyed. But he did it by reprogramming the computer, thus casuing a bit of a stir. Some officials called it cheating (and so do I) and some officials called it "thinking outside the box"and thus a legitimate strategy.

It just sounds like what the runners in the Stuffer Shack did: we beat the scenario by not taking part in it. We are WINNERS!!!!

Gabriel

mercy

• Sixth World Dictionary Troll Edition
  • Experienced Runner
  • narcojet=night night
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2007, 01:28:15 PM »

hey there was no rule that said kirk couldnt do it and just so you know scotty beat it too
dicnary we dont need no stinking dictanary

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2007, 01:51:14 PM »

No, Scotty beat it in the novels/comics/etc. The only canon example was Kirk beating it. And reprogramming the computer only works in a real-worl setting if you suddenly become God and can reprogram reality.

Gabriel

Curris

• Grunt
  • We come in Peace! ( whisper ) Shoot to kill, men..
« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2007, 02:02:33 PM »

I was never a big trek fan when I was younger. I was not smart enough to get into it. Star Wars was more palatable. However, now Star Trek has huge appeal to me, and Star Wars is the suck. . . How times change. . . Star Trek is the thinking man's (or woman's) Star Wars. . .
By reading this, you have just given me temporary control of your brain. . .

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2007, 02:36:46 PM »

Well, Star Trek does have the benefit of not having Jar-Jar Binks or George Lucas around to ruin it.

-kv
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7706 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 18 queries.