General > Technoweenies

A RL Piracy Job

(1/5) > >>

Gabriel:
Hoi CHummers,

OK, here's the scan. I need one of my more tech-savvy chummers here to lend me a hand. I've tried on several occasions to record streaming audio from the web with no success whatsoever. So now I'm hoping one of you might be able to lend me a hand.

I want to try to download/record/pirate the Seeing Ear Theater series that appears on the Sci-Fi Channel's web site. Since all of these files are provided to the public for free, I don't think it's really piracy. In fact, I've been able to find a few of these on various P2P sites, but the vast majoirty don't seem to be available. Anyone who thinks he or she might be able to help, just let me know.

Gabriel

kv:
Download bit torrent.

Oops... or you could just go here. While searching for a torrent for you, I found a site that would let you download it as an mp3.

I don't know if it's the exact one you're looking for, but hey, I gave it 15 seconds of thought, and that's what counts, right? ;D

-kv

Gabriel:
Thanks, chummer, but I already have that one. And I downloaded BitLord a while back and only 1 of it's 3 search engines actually let me grab torrents. I also have IsoHunt bookmarked and it generally has some good files, but so far, I can't really find any of the Seeing Ear Theater files on any of them. I could only feel the dozen I have on LimeWire, but that was about a year ago and so far nothing else.

Gabriel

BornKrazi:
Oh don't get me started on LimeWire...apparently everytime I download LimeWire it leaves a nasty memory trojan on my computer.  winlog.exe to be exact.  It's very difficult to get rid of, and it's a pain in the ass to boot.  So just becareful.  I thought my McAfee would protect me, but all it does is make a nice pic in the corner of my screen!

kv:
Yeah, avoid Limewire and KaZaA these days. They're just infected agents, like a hooker who knows she has gonorrhea but still wants to make money and have all the guys like her.

-kv

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version