Shadowrun Pub

• March 28, 2024, 10:31:59 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Renracu Arcology Advice  (Read 10565 times)

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
Renracu Arcology Advice
« on: January 23, 2007, 01:02:03 PM »

Any group with more than 6 playable characters is a mob. I don't see how anyone can have fun at a game that big, especially the GM. I think i would have to kill at least 5 of those people just to get their PC's out of the way.

Gabriel
We do not choose this life. We do not enjoy this life. We simply live this life. Because sometimes, even the shadows need their heroes.

kv

• Too lazy to contact Ingo for a custom title
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
    • Click here to see a bigger verison of my Pic!
Renracu Arcology Advice
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 07:03:51 PM »

Well, Ruski (who was GMing) sent us into the Renracu Arcology to tangle with Deus, and maybe that's what he was trying for.

This is a group of pretty much all new runners, and I'm thinking the group leaving will be smaller than the group that entered. There are a few of us who are going to survive, but we'll be the minority.

-kv

"There are three rules to surviving a gun fight.
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
   If you can do that, you can survive."
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Elena V

• FNG
  • (Insert witty/humorous quote)
Renracu Arcology Advice
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 09:20:29 PM »

Who do you predict will survive?  'Cause, you know, my gal already has a serious chainsaw wound across her ribs.  

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
Renracu Arcology Advice
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 12:09:01 AM »

Actually, I'm hoping that our friend with the dual-grenade launchers bites the big one... jsut because I'm constantly afraid that something is going to go horribly wrong. Plus, he's basically worthless once we're actually face-to-face with one of these things.

I mean, who wants to be 5 feet away from the evil creature when some moron is firing HE Anti-personell grenades at it? That's just a recipe for unpleasantness.

Of course, I'm trying to stay hidden and on the down-low with the whole invisibility thing. Although the whole "Ultrasound and thermographic can see you anyway" is a little annoying. Actually, I was meaning to ask these guys about that.

What say you, denziens of my favorite Pub?

-kv
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Jester

• Nutcase
  • Experienced Runner
  • I OWN ALL THE TWINKIES MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Renracu Arcology Advice
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 04:57:49 AM »

the dude with the grenade launcher needs to be iced. If I was playing in that game and he did something stupid like that I'd kill him for endangering the run and the team.
"Rivers of gold are grand, but golden streams....not so much."    :jester:

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
Renracu Arcology Advice
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 04:57:49 AM »

I say that if you are already in the Black Pyramid, then you are fragged, plane and simple. You know how that storyline turns out, ultimately, and you know that on a realistic level the idea of survival in that hell-hole is almost laughable. So bearing that in mind, I say tell the Johnos "Frag that money," head for the lowest levels possible, and try digging your way into the sewers.

Of course if you can't do that, then put Mr. Grenades up front. He can thin the herds of drones and banded and you may be able to get a bit of a break with the rest. Does anyone in your group have a monofiliment wip? If so, set traps with it. Do any of your guys have any decent-level B/R for guns and whatnot? If so, booby trap some of the banded's weaposn after you have a fight with them. Does anyone have a decent B/R Electronics? If so, head for the mall levels, or take some time to scrap a drone or two, and rig up some portable white-noise generators to baffle ultra-sound cybernetics. Do you have any mages/shamans? Take the drain from the horrible Background Count and summon a Level 1 Air Elemental/Wind Spirit to hover around each of your runners so that those itty-bitty bumble bee drones can't get you. Any decent breeze will be able to stop them.

Remember, if you are in the Black Pyramid, the best weapon you have is your cunning. You CAN NOT WIN in an all-out fight longer than the AI wants you to win. If you try to take it on that way, you will lose at least 75% of your group before you are small enough to stop attracting a lot of attention. Oh yeah, and salvage from the dead.

Gabriel
We do not choose this life. We do not enjoy this life. We simply live this life. Because sometimes, even the shadows need their heroes.

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
Renracu Arcology Advice
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 11:57:58 AM »

Yeah... the most terrifying thing about it, for me, is that I know what we're walking into, but I can't play like I do, or tell anyone else about it. So I have to walk around, cautious but not prepared.

I kinda cheated, and I nuked the bees with a ball lightning spell, although I do have a force 2 air elemental and a force 4 fire elemental summoned and on standby. I didn't think of the elementals keeping the bees away, and that should work great, so thanks.

We actually came in through the ork underground, so we snuck in through the lower levels and up some stairs until we got to the mall, which is where we ran into the majority of our problems. We fought some Red Samurai turned Banded, one of those big chainsaw-weilding drones like on the cover of the book, the bees, and floorsweepers armed with weapons.

We tried to take the elevator, and ended up in the maze, so rather than going through all of that stuff, we climbed back into the elevator shaft and climbed up a few stories until we were above the maze and all of that stuff. So now we're in the "official" section of the arcology, and among the people who have no idea what's going on. Or maybe they're banded, and we're screwed.

-kv
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
Renracu Arcology Advice
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 12:48:10 PM »

Be careful of the astral security in the arcology. Just about all the mages/shamans there are WAY toxic at this point. And also remember, any awakened PC's have a good chance of getting some toxic leanings if they stay there too long, too. Also, you may want to think about finding some medkits for your people. If you get to one of the residential blocks, look for medkits in people's apartments. The banded probably won't have taken them all since most of the residents are accounted for, so you have a good chance of getting some supplies there.

Are you going through the Brainscan module, or just an indepindant run?

Gabriel

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
Renracu Arcology Advice
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007, 07:09:29 PM »

This is a demon baby of Ruski's own making, so as far as I know, he's just giving it to us with both barrels, and not sticking to the run specs.

We don't usually deal with magic much, but last time I managed to pick up a level of initiate and metamagic Masking, so I'm hoping that'll make it a little more difficult for the mages to see me coming.

-kv
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
Renracu Arcology Advice
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2007, 05:08:30 AM »

Well, just remember, you can get just about anything you need of a mundane (that is to say non-lethal) nature within the Black Pyramid, but you may have to get past a bunch of banded to do it. Magical rescourcess will be the hardest to get to, obviously.

Gabriel

swirler

• FNG
  • Yippy Flippin Skippy
    • goofygeeks
Renracu Arcology Advice
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2007, 08:34:34 AM »

crappity crap
i havent read through that one, which one is it?
sounds like i need to get ahold of it
heh
"I used to think the brain was the most interesting part of the body. Then I realized, look what's telling me that..."

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
Re:Renracu Arcology Advice
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2007, 11:17:36 AM »

If you ever want to play in the Arcology, then DON'T get the book. Believe me, it will be much more fun if you don't know what's coming. If you plan to run a game, however, get Renracu Archology: Shutdown and Brainscan. They are for 2nd and 3rd Edition respectively, but very good books.

Gabriel

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2007, 07:58:33 AM »

Who do you predict will survive?  'Cause, you know, my gal already has a serious chainsaw wound across her ribs.  

Hey Elena V, what powers does your adept have? All I know is that you have Enhanced Sense: Smell. Other than that, I'm kind of in the dark as to what kind of capabilities your girl is running with.

Gabriel

Elena V

• FNG
  • (Insert witty/humorous quote)
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2007, 09:41:44 AM »

Oh, I'm not playing her anymore.  I get bored with characters pretty quickly, and I'm a little frustrated with the group at the moment.  So I think I'll either get this gal killed off, or just drag her wounded ass through the rest of the run, and take a break from Shadowrun for a while.  I'm tired of everyone having super geeked-out characters because it makes me feel like I have to have the same kind just to keep up, and I don't really feel like playing an ork tank with level three wired reflexes and a 9 in assault rifles.  Plus the group's just too big for my liking.  :-\
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 10:33:10 AM by Elena V »

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2007, 10:37:59 AM »

Too bad. Although a huge group like that turns into a pi$$ing contest sooner or later. I prefer smaller groups. Solo runs can be fun too. You know, you could always play an Arcology survivor for your next character.

Gabriel
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7095 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 19 queries.