Shadowrun Pub

• April 27, 2024, 02:03:27 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A few questions  (Read 1237 times)

blackknight5k

• Fresh Fish
  • I rock hardcore, chummers
A few questions
« on: February 03, 2007, 04:41:38 PM »

I'm running my game in Denver right now, because that's where the free missions on their website are placed.  I am trying to find out as much as I can about denver, and Janus_Neckbreaker let me borrow his Denver sourcebooks from 3rd ed.  I figured that the general sections, such as climate, laws, and boarder crossings would be easy to update to the 70's, but I was wondering what all is different about Denver with the addition of wireless to the world.

And also, as I was looking through the book I saw a few pictures of people with Indian headdresses and such.  How does the normal wageslave dress in the different sectors?  I don't really know a lot of the "fluff" stuff for shadowrun, so any help would be useful.

kv

• Too lazy to contact Ingo for a custom title
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
    • Click here to see a bigger verison of my Pic!
Re:A few questions
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 02:43:50 AM »

Denver was originally divided into six "sectors," each controlled by a different nation that had signed the peace treaty that brought an end to the USA-AmerInd war, and shattered the UCAS.

When Ghostwalker strolled into town, he spent some time raining hell down on the different sectors, and then once he had everyone's attention, he ordered a cease-fire.

Aztlan chose to ignore the cease-fire, so Ghostwalker had them thrown out of the city, and had the CAS take it over. So the CAS section is twice as large as any of the others, and nobody seems particularly happy about it.

ROOTless would have better informationf for you, but if you borrow Janus' Year of the Comet book, I think it's in there.

-kv
"There are three rules to surviving a gun fight.
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
   If you can do that, you can survive."
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 05:13:30 AM »

BK, what you really need to do is get your hands on some reference material. I know that sounds obvious, but a copy of Shadows of North America and the Sprawl Survival Guide would do you a world of good. These books have tons of background and every-day-style information. In fact, the SSG should have been put out as one of the original books because it is so good at setting the mood of SR 3rd Edition. Now with the advent of Wireless Matris (Great Ghost I hate that damn plot device almost as much as the "Immortal Elves") things will have changed a bit, but the basic feel and background will still be usable.

Gabriel
We do not choose this life. We do not enjoy this life. We simply live this life. Because sometimes, even the shadows need their heroes.

kv

• Too lazy to contact Ingo for a custom title
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
    • Click here to see a bigger verison of my Pic!
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 11:59:18 AM »

Yeah, I used to make all my players read "Neo-Anarchist's Guide to North America" just so they'd get the feel of the world, but I think it's pretty thouroughly outdated at this point.

I would check out those books- I've heard really good things about both of them. Shadows of North America has a whole chapter dedicated to Denver, so you might check that out as well.

Of course, if you're poor like me, you don't have all the money for sourcebooks, so you have to find the information another way.

http://wiki.dumpshock.com/index.php/Main_Page is a "wikipedia" for all things sixth-world. It won't help you with rules or stuff like that, but it's a good source for information from all types of sources. Don't believe thier "still being updated" tag, though. Near as I can tell, they haven't made major updates for a couple of years.

-kv
"There are three rules to surviving a gun fight.
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
   If you can do that, you can survive."
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7386 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 21 queries.