Shadowrun Pub

• March 29, 2024, 06:32:17 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A good day to Drive.  (Read 3605 times)

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Prime Runner
  • Only the Dead have seen the end of War...
A good day to Drive.
« on: January 05, 2005, 04:40:42 PM »

It was a dry seattle spring, one of the few weeks in the year when there isn't a drop of rain to be found in the otherwise wet city.

we greet our shadowrunners, with their lives already in progress.

Claric (a gun whielding adept, useing upwards of 20 dice with his pistols)

Speedy (level three wired reflexes, and a reaction close to 20)

Jen (slut with charisma of 9, and a list of contacts that was 2 pages long)

and Jack, the only well rounded charichter (had car skills, talking skills, and other abilities found lacking in the rest of the team)

the mission: protect son of a corperate hot shot, makeing sure he makes it to his vacation resort alive.

the particulars: he can't know we are protecting him. he drives a eurowestwind turbo, and it's about two hours on a twisty mountain road between here and there. we have two weeks prep time before the day of protection.

preperations: speedy drops a level five nitrus system into his stock honda in hopes that he'll somehow keep up with the westwind. the rest of the time is spent driveing the route over and over again, and wasteing more gas than anyone else on the team.

claric rides his yamaha rapier all over the place, looking for probible ambush areas, and orders some pre-wired explosives to hide in clever places allong the route.

Jack works on actually ordering the exposives, as well as some additional weaponry for the run.

Jen spends the entire time at a beauty spa, and has her own westwind waxed and polished (as well as haveing a smoke generator and kill switch installed.)

Day of the run. corp boy pulls out of secure complex X at 120KMPH happy to finally be on vacation. 2.3KM down the road an identical westwind starts pumping smoke, and a beautifull damsil in distress gets out. he offers her a ride to wherever she's going... loan and behold, it's the same place he's going! he smiles like it's his lucky day!
30 minutes down the road Claric is parked with his yamaha, so that our boy has some breathing room if he outruns us, and he won't feel like he has a convoy for the entire trip.
Jack is driveing Speedey's honda, Speedy is sitting shotgun with a modified SMG, and the remote detonaters for the probible ambush locations.

sound like a formula for a good run?

well, keep listening.

No one writes jokes in Base-13
6 X 9 = 42

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
Re:A good day to Drive.
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2005, 08:56:59 AM »

Well, you'd think so, but you'd be wrong. here's some of the OTHER stuff the runners did while waiting for the run to take place.

Speedey and Jen got into a race (speedey with his harley, and bike of 4, Jen with her westwind and drive of 2)
they raced on green, and bouth crashed into a bus that was still in the intersection. (a nice $5K spent on repairs to the westwind so we could still use it in the run)

Speedy and Jack are practicing the drive, when a sleak rice boy trys to race them, pulling allong side and revving it's enginge.
Speedy climbs out the passanger window, while sitting on the window seal, and unloads a clip of anti-vehicle ammo into the car next to them at 120 KMPH. the rice boy crashes into his car before going over the side of the mountian in a huge fireball.
(seatle tranist closes down the road for two days while they investagate the accident and rebuild the guard rails in that section.)

Speedy, Jack, Jen, and Claric go to a stuffer shack, and when a group of thugs show up, they immediatly waste them, Speedy running through, grabbing the shotgun out of the hands of the first assailiant, and emptying it while running through them to the door, and escapeing into the night, leaveing his comrads to fend for themselves, Jack spent the entire combat diveing for cover, Jen decided to use her best skill (moveing arround on her knees) and crawled over to the exit, and Claric decided to pick off the stragglers while shopping for sunglasses. only speedy was outside when the cleark hit the 'nero-stun-release' button, and the others barely made it out.

so, that compleates the setup portion of this run, and oh yes... it gets better!
6 X 9 = 42

mercy

• Sixth World Dictionary Troll Edition
  • Experienced Runner
  • narcojet=night night
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 12:01:26 AM »

ouch
dicnary we dont need no stinking dictanary

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2005, 09:47:02 AM »

So, we have the Yamaha with Clairc waiting up ahead, the mark with Jenn in a westwind, and Jack and speedy trailing behind in our honda. we hit the twisted mountain roads and the fun begins.

it's about 7PM, so the sun is just setting. from somewhere behind the honda a group of eight motorcycles in flat black leather, running without lights apears 'on the radar' (a lucky perseption test, but we were looking for them)

Claric is haveing fun playing with the westwind, and they are bouth pushing it to about 160KMPH and haveing fun raceing each other.

decideing that he dosn't like ninja-motorcycle riders speedy sits cowboy style backwards in his seat, and looking over the headrest out the back window rolls down the passanger side window and opens up on the lead motorcycle.
biker #1 eats crap and dies, takeing one of his buddies with him.

the remaining six pull out some SMG's of their backpacks and start to shoot out the taillights on speedy's honda.

not wanting to go out with gunshots in his back Jack decides to take action as speedy pulls his arm back in to reload.

with some serious break-check action, locking up all four tires (no break lights now) and useing the canyon wall to help us slow down a little bit, we have four of the six motorcycles end up in our trunk. (speedy was glad it was a front wheel drive car) useing the AV equip uzi speedy talks the four bikers into letting go of his trunk as we take off again, radioing ahead to claric that he should expect some company soon.
and, sure enough, the two remaining motorcycles decide that it would be cool to just shoot at everyone now, and start unloading their weapons into the yamaha and euro.
our mark starts to get freaked out, and really layes into the gas, while claric is left to deal with the bikers.
useing some extreame luck and no small amount of combat pool, claric gets one sucess while shooting at the bike behind him, while only looking at his blacked out bike in the rear-view mirror of his motorcycle while driveing at 160KMPH.
one sucess is all it takes to make the guy dump his bike in a crash test, and comeing up the road behind him in the honda jack and speedy turn him into a road bump. (killing our remaining lights,... the headlights)

the last motorcycle get's allong side of claric, and gets into a punching match with him, only to catch a couple of rounds from clairc's gun before flying off the side of the cliff.

next up, ambush area #1!
6 X 9 = 42

kv

• Too lazy to contact Ingo for a custom title
  • Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
    • Click here to see a bigger verison of my Pic!
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2005, 05:38:20 PM »

I loved that all of us were non-military, so we were making calls back and forth to each other on our cellphones. ;D

HAHHAHAHAHAA... locking up the tires was cool. Running over the jackass who shot at me  was even better. ;D

-Kid Vid
"There are three rules to surviving a gun fight.
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
   If you can do that, you can survive."
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2005, 08:42:19 AM »

your turn to tell the story for a bit kid.

-RuskiFace the Pirate
6 X 9 = 42

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2005, 11:22:01 AM »

So as we're driving through the street, we come across the last motorcycler lying in the middle of the road. So I run his hoop over.

About this time, the guy we're supposed to be protecting is really freaking out. The girl up there in the car with him is keeping an eye out, and she notices that there's several black vans parked on the place we noticed and designated Ambush Place #1.

She's been sending simple text messages to Speedy, so I could concentrate on driving, but since we've just been involved in three collisions, it's pure luck that he even notices his phone beeping. Plus, his car has started making this ungodly whine-chunga-whine sound, and I have to keep pushing it to try and catch up to the westwind. (I haven't even touched the Nitrous at this point.)

She panics, and sends Speedy a message telling him to blow the first set of detonators. so he does. Which means, in the direct path of an already panicking driver, about half of our explosives budget goes up in fiery storm. Which panicks him further. He starts to lose control of the car, and drives through the tunnel anyways.

There's a large truck parked in the middle of the road after he exits from the tunnel, which he burns out and goes around. He's seriously close to losing control at this point, but he manages to make it around the truck, kicking up a large dustcloud as he goes into the shoulder.

Three seconds later, there's a bullet hole in the windscreen the size of a football, and the car spins out and winds up against a tree.

Which doesn't help Clerick, who was following the car at close to 130 kph, and doesn't see the truck because of the dustcloud. So he lays the bike down, trying not to become the void warranty for the side-impact doors, and manages to get off the bike before Speedy and I finally catch up.

Crunching his bike into paperweight status with what's left of Speedy Honda.
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2005, 11:53:56 AM »

At this point Speedy takes controll of the Honda, Jack takes the wheel of the truck with banged up sidepannels, and Claric goes in the truck with Jack. We catch up to the westwind, our mark with a nice two inch hole straight through his chest.

we pull the truck in front of the westwind to give it some cover as the honda pulls up next to it and speedy jumps out. lucky for the mark, speedy has a decent biomed skill, a level 10 medkit, and the nanite survivor system.

so we pump his deadly overflowing body full of nanites to keep him alive, and load him into the honda. Jack takes over the truck, Clerick takes a backseat with the Mark, and Jen takes the westwind. Jack uses the truck to drive over to where the shooter is (with a high powered sniper rifle) and burns some karma to get a hit in to hopefully scare him off. (he was hidden, so he had to pull out some blind fire to even shoot at him) Jenn took off with what was left (serious +1) of the westwind, and Jack Follows in the truck (Moderate +2).

we take the honda (serious +3) offroading to another route (we did drive this country every day for two weeks straight) in the hopes of them following the original westwind, and leaveing the busted honda (with no lights now) alone.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2005, 03:12:33 AM by Kid_Vid »
6 X 9 = 42

Evil Dave

• Fresh Fish
  • Who's Yo Daddy?
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2005, 08:31:57 PM »

Talk about an awesome Game.... had all of these awesome ideas planned and they just pushed the "boom" buttons.

Bastards.

:-\
Diplomicy is like saying "Nice Doggy" while you're looking for a rock.

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2005, 03:47:28 PM »

So we rolled over the second stop (the stopped truck) stole the truck, shot the guy with the sniper rifle, and then rolled on.

Speedy and Clerick rode off with the target, pumping him full of stims and whatnot in order to keep him alive.

The Chicka rolls out the Westwind, then winds it up, so no one will be the wiser that the target is really in the back of the Honda on a different road. ;D We are sneaky shadowrunning bastards. ;D ;D ;D

So the girl and I (in seperate cars) come down the road at around 140 kph. There's some drek set out in the road in the place where we ran the ricer off the cliff. I don't see it, because I'm trying to keep up with the Westwind while Speedy car makes this alarming "thunk" sound and then the really bad rattling stops, which even to the uninitiated like me means that something REALLY bad has just happened.

I'm worrying about this when I should be watching the road, and I hit the spike strip that the Chicka just flew over, only I pop my three remaining tires and put the car into the new guardrail and (almost) off the cliff. I guess we're lucky that we shot that other guy, because the old guardrail NEVER would've held me.

So I had to get out and hoof it. But I knew what route Speedy and Clerick had taken with the Honda, so I tried to hike cross-country to the backroad they took.
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2005, 03:57:55 PM »

Speedey and Claric were running down the road on an almost dead honda... getting high off of the newley installed and leaking nitrus system. there was a T-Bird in the area looking for us, but seeing as how we had no lights, and could see the T-Bird comeing from miles away we easyily avoided it for the next ten miles untill the honda finally died. from there, only about two miles from the drop point, we decide that it's close enough, and walk the target in. and hand him over.
Jen calls in a favor with a air-jock, and we get picked up in a helocopter, and dropped off back in seattle about a half hour later.

turns out, the guy we were 'makeing sure was going to get to his revinous' was actually someone we kidnapped for our J. ... could have saved a lot of effort if he just told us to carjack him early on. would have avoided the whole cat and mouse thing we were playing the whole trip.

-RuskiFace the Pirate
6 X 9 = 42
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7098 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 19 queries.