Shadowrun Pub

• May 04, 2024, 04:17:20 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Ghost Rider  (Read 3800 times)

BornKrazi

Ghost Rider
« on: February 19, 2007, 06:40:55 PM »

Went and saw Ghost Rider tonight.  Not quite what I expected but it did keep me entertained.  Although my ass got numb half way through, and I was pretty much craving a cigarette well before he even became Ghost Rider.  If I had to grade this movie, I'd give it somewhere between a B and a C+.  The CGI was decent, some scenes were awesome.  The overall storyline was half decent.  The acting was well...the acting kinda sucked actually now that I think about it.  So yeah that's my two nuyen worth...anybody else seen it yet?

AJStarhiker

• Runner
  • I much prefer ice and snow to sand and rock.
Re:Ghost Rider
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 09:07:48 PM »

Not yet, though I do plan on it.

kv

• Too lazy to contact Ingo for a custom title
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
    • Click here to see a bigger verison of my Pic!
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 09:12:40 PM »

Ruski and my buddy Noah saw it on Saturday, but I didn't hear a yea or nea from them.

My buddy who still runs a theater said that he really liked it, but that he wasn't much of a Ghostrider fan, so he wasn't sure if they screwed anything really big up.

-kv
"There are three rules to surviving a gun fight.
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
   If you can do that, you can survive."
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 05:01:45 AM »

I saw it Saturday and I have to say I thouht it was pretty good. Nicholas Cage is a crappy actor, and that was true-to-form in this movie as with the others, but I liked the movie none the less. As far as the storyline went, yeah they screwed it up, but not nearly as much as they did with X-Men 3 or all of the Blades. Instead of a demon trapped in the body of a human and only being able to manifest to take vengance, they made him the "Devil's bounty hunter" who had the ability to "seer people's souls". He was still bad-ass, but in a slightly more audiance (religous moron) kind of way. It was a fair origin story.

Overall  :bob: :bob: 3/4

Gabriel
We do not choose this life. We do not enjoy this life. We simply live this life. Because sometimes, even the shadows need their heroes.

BornKrazi

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 09:06:52 AM »

SPOILER WARNING...SPOILER WARNING...SPOILER WARNING...

I thought the old man was a way cooler Ghost Rider then Nicholas Cage.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 09:07:17 AM by BornKrazi »

Nike Shox

• Grunt
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 11:01:50 AM »

Well I saw it..... And I happened to like it alot. I do agree with krazi though, ol man was bad ass, it kept me entertained.

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2007, 11:05:38 AM »

Well Sam Elliot is just a hard-bitten cowboy type anyway. He always has been. I'd have loved to have seen a movie with the old west ghost rider as the main character and Sam Elliot playing him.

Gabriel
We do not choose this life. We do not enjoy this life. We simply live this life. Because sometimes, even the shadows need their heroes.

Nike Shox

• Grunt
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2007, 11:08:41 AM »

That would be very entertaining...

BornKrazi

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2007, 12:55:52 PM »

That would be bad ass!  Especially if he's got that bangin shotty!  How could I convert something like that to Shadowrun?

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2007, 01:20:24 PM »

Free Spirit. Most anything "Hollywood" could be done with a free spirit. However, you need to lay it out in SR stats and motives. A Marvel superhero isn't exactly the best thing to have in Shadowrun. Of course, the horse and the rider would be the same spirit. I would recommend powers like Movement, Fear, Flame Aura, things like that.

Gabriel

BornKrazi

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2007, 03:04:54 PM »

No I was talking about the shotty...especially when it transformed and shot some giant fireball looking thing...or would that be like the Big D's Temper rounds?

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2007, 05:25:42 AM »

Not if he's a spirit. It would simply be a manifestation of the spirit's abilities like Fireball. ALthough for that, the spirit would need the Sorcery Power.

Gabriel

BornKrazi

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2007, 01:13:11 PM »

So true...it kinda reminded me of the BFG from DOOM...do they have something like that in Shadowrun?  The closest thing I can think of would be a Panther Assault Cannon.

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2007, 01:28:42 PM »

See, I knew that wouldn't kill the guy. I even looked at my girlfriend and said, "See, the guy has 1,000 souls now. He's toast."

Gabriel

BornKrazi

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2007, 05:38:54 PM »

:D  That's how they do Gabe...gotta keep you on your toes till the end!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7548 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 17 queries.