Shadowrun RPG Play-By-Post Games > Welcome to the Shadows

A Rainy Day in Seattle

(1/17) > >>

BornKrazi:
The rain was pouring down as usual on this spring night.  What a drag for a Sunday.  Fuzzy thought the night would be full of football and tossin back a few cold ones.  But his night, and perhaps his life was forever changed when the LED being to flash on his cell.  He viewed the caller id and made a hard swallow as a bead of sweat begin to drip down his face.

Hoy Chum...

I understand.  I'll take care of it.

He immediately jumped up and raced to his posh little office in what was suppose to be a spare bedroom.  He unlocked his safe and pulled out his pocket secretary.  He thumbed through the list of names making a few brief notes to himself.  He picked up his cell and made a few arrangements at Matchstick's.  Something about that place made him feel more comfortable when organizing business.

He took a moment and headed to the restroom washing his face off and composing himself.  He looked into the mirror and wondered just how much longer he would have to answer to him.  What had he done, how could he had gotten himself into such trouble.  The anger grew a little but he dismissed it.  He dressed himself in his "business" atire, his bagging jeans, plain white tee, armored vest, and of course his signature oversized hoodie.  He reached back into his safe and loaded his Ares Predator and placed it in the small of his back.  Hopefully he wouldn't need this, but you never know in this business.

He headed out the door while punching in Patch's number in his cell.

I hope he's not busy... He wondered as the phone begin to ring.

kv:
Patch wasn't busy. The rain was playing hell with his stolen cable, and so he was trying to judge by how heavy the rain was by watching newsfeeds and paying attention to fade patterns.

He had a soy beer in one hand, sitting on the only chair in the apartment, the rest of it having been stripped bare to keep wires, bugs, and other devices to a minimum. Patch's stuff stood in a pile in the corner of the main room. Aside from sealing up the windows in the other rooms, he had left them alone, after he had cleared them of bugs and set up the white noise generator.

He was thinking of switching to another station and seeing if anything was on when his cell phone lit up. It was Fuzzy- not the best fixer, but a low level mover and shaker. It was probably about work, and Patch was getting a little stir crazy stuck in this box.

"Hey Fuzz. What's up, omae?"

As he spoke, Patch stood and moved over to the window, checking the street outside for any traffic at all- any "phone companies " out doing repairs tonight were probably in the surveillance business. And only a moron would be out walking in this downpour.

BornKrazi:
Sunday - 15:37

Fuzzy bobs and weaves through traffic tryin to get all the preperations complete when Patch answers.

"Hoi chum.  I'm in need of your services, feel up to a little get together down at Matchstick's?  Say around 9 o'clock?"  Fuzzy pulls into the busted down apartment complex and hastely makes his way to the top floor to retrieve the drop which fully explains what needs to be done.

kv:
Sunday 15:37

Patch glances up to the readout in his field of view. "About five hours? Sounds fine to me. What table are we meeting at, and who are we meeting? Do you know this chummer?"

Flipping open his PDA, Patch makes notes about where he's going and who he's meeting with, re-locks it with the encryption, and hides it in a hole in the wall under the sink. If he dissappears, people will need to know who was responsible.

BornKrazi:
Sunday 15:38

Fuzzy's just about to the top of the stairs.

"Meet in that same corner both as usual.  I'm gonna call a couple other quality people as well. See you then." The phone is disconnected after that.

Fuzzy reaches the top floor of the apartment complex and walks down the decaying hallway to room 1103.  He carefully pushes it open while grabbing for his Predator.

It's all clear.  He moves in and quickly reaches the kitchen sink.  He sticks his hand down the drain and produces a small script of paper.  He scans the area and finds the turned over sofa.  Pulling away the cushions he finds the briefcase.  He enters the code from the paper and the case clicks open.  He suffles through the paperwork quickly understanding just what needs to be done and to who.  He pockets the credsticks and sticks the papers back in the briefcase and heads back to his car as he punches in Ark's phone number in his cell.

This outta be good for him... he thinks to himself as the phone begins to ring.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version