Shadowrun Pub

• April 28, 2024, 02:09:11 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Critters  (Read 11131 times)

Nike Shox

• Grunt
Re:Critters
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2007, 02:15:45 PM »

yea, this is true... It would be cool if they could blow fire though.... :D

BornKrazi

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2007, 04:31:16 PM »

You know Nike, Tuck probably would've killed someone given the chance...and I know my cat before that Sammy was constantly trying to kill people (a scientific experiment gone horribly wrong that cat was)...yet I get your point...

Nike Shox

• Grunt
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2007, 06:06:43 PM »

yea Tuck probally would have...

BornKrazi

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2007, 06:30:56 PM »

That cat was the most vicious son of a slitch I've ever known, yet could be as gentle as a kitten when he wanted.

R.I.P.  Tuck

Curris

• Grunt
  • We come in Peace! ( whisper ) Shoot to kill, men..
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2007, 07:22:03 PM »

I don't know about cats, man. I've seen old ladies channel cat hordes like a veteran cowboys wrangling cattle. I'm pretty sure they're battle trained for swarm tactics.

Like fuzzy Zerglings. . .
By reading this, you have just given me temporary control of your brain. . .

BornKrazi

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2007, 08:43:19 PM »

Cats are dangerous man I'm telling you.  I agree with you totally.  Like that movie Jeepers Creepers, that lady had an army of cats ready to go.  Something mystical about them, they say they are the link between our plane and the next...

Nike Shox

• Grunt
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2007, 05:53:23 AM »

Has anyone saw the movie "Stray Cats" I thought it was pretty cool....There were cats galore.Lemme tell ya they tore some people up..

Poison

• Toxic Adept
  • Runner
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2007, 06:04:03 AM »

Getting back to the point, I probably wouldn't allow a paracritter as a pet - mainly because few paracritters are domesticated.

If the character had a decent backstory (or somehow managed to do it in-game) and had a high enough Animal Husbandry skill (5+ or so, at least), then I might consider it.  Mostly it would be a roleplaying thing, though, as few runners regularly have people over to their house.

As a roleplaying thing, there would be lots of aspects to consider: what does it eat?  How often does it need to be walked?  What does it do when the runner is not around?  What arrangements does the runner have in place if they need to go to hospital for an extended period?

If both you and your player are willing to put the effort in, then by all means do.  I suspect the player may find it more trouble than it's worth, but that's the wonderful thing about roleplaying.
~:poison: ~

Nike Shox

• Grunt
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2007, 09:11:31 AM »

you know Krazi, I am starting to miss Tuck.  He finally got use to me :'(

BornKrazi

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2007, 09:28:28 AM »

... but that's the wonderful thing about roleplaying.

Exactly ;D

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2007, 01:37:12 PM »

I was always waiting for one of my players to buy a hellhound puppy so I could show them the error of their way.

Gabriel
We do not choose this life. We do not enjoy this life. We simply live this life. Because sometimes, even the shadows need their heroes.

BornKrazi

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2007, 06:46:09 PM »

Turn them into toast?

Curris

• Grunt
  • We come in Peace! ( whisper ) Shoot to kill, men..
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2007, 11:20:37 PM »

Not to mention that they would attraction too much attention from the neighbors, would be crazy expensive.

Although that begs the question of how the corps own them?

Are there paracritter zoos? Petshops? Kennels?

Any 2060 era Croc hunters? RIP Steve. . .
By reading this, you have just given me temporary control of your brain. . .

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2007, 06:32:03 AM »

Um... yeah. The Fort Lewis Zoo in the canon books has a huge paranormal animal exibit. In fact, they have a run set up IN the Fort Lewis Zoo that I've run before. And yes, there are profesional parabiological aquesition corporations. In fact, I've dealt with one in-game on the same run as the zoo. There is a fairly large market for parabiologicals in the security field. But again, these are not pets, these are controlled wild animals. Talk to a zoo-keeper about this and they will tell you that they can be cuddly with certain animals at certain times, but they are always on their guard since the animals are not, by any means, domesticated.

Gabriel
We do not choose this life. We do not enjoy this life. We simply live this life. Because sometimes, even the shadows need their heroes.

Poison

• Toxic Adept
  • Runner
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2007, 11:15:05 PM »

Not to mention that they would attraction too much attention from the neighbors, would be crazy expensive.

Although that begs the question of how the corps own them?

Many corps have extraterritority[sp] status, so can do whatever they like on their own premises.  This includes keeping paracritters for whatever purpose they like.

For other corps, they may hire security services from another corp that is licensed to handle paracritters and use them for security purposes for their clients.  Some corps would take the trouble to register their use of paracritters for security purposes with the relevant authority, and spend the appropriate nuyen to house, feed and train those critters.

One thing to keep in mind is that paracritters used for security are (usually) trained to some degree, unlike those found in the zoo.  After all, while it's fine to munch on intruding shadowrunners, the critters need to know not to eat the CEO or his staff, or the animal (and the handler) would probably not live to COB.  
~:poison: ~
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7402 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 18 queries.