Shadowrun Pub

• April 17, 2024, 10:12:27 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPods  (Read 4045 times)

BornKrazi

Re:iPods
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2007, 05:55:39 PM »

Any ideas where I can start looking?

Ingo Monk

• SysOp
  • Experienced Runner
  • VOODOO!
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2007, 02:46:00 PM »

Batteries can be found on ebay.

I despise the whole iPod/Apple thing.  I got my wife the Motorola SLVR L7 with iTunes on it.. so in order to put songs on it I had to install iTunes onto my PC.  I had my library set up in a particular way, specifically the MP3 filename containing a lot of info about the song (i.e. Artist - Album - 01 - Song Title.mp3).  iTunes then proceeded to move all my files into one folder (something I had been meaning to get around to) and in the process renamed a bunch of my songs via the ID3 tag.  Since a large chunk didn't have the proper ID3 tags, a bunch of songs became 'Unknown Artist - Unknown Album - Unknown Song Title 01'.  So basically I had to listen to a bunch of songs and try and figure out who the artist is or what the song title was.  After going through a large chunk of the 6GB of songs that got renamed I ended up deleting a bunch.  Feh!

The anti-piracy thing they put it is smart though, an iPod can only be sync'd to one particular install of iTunes at a time.  For example, you sync your iPod to your home PC and copy songs.  You go to your buddy's place and want to get a song from his copy of iTunes, so you sync to his copy (deleting all songs on the iPod at that time) and copy whatever you want from your buddy's iTunes.  Then you go back home and you have to sync your iPod to your home PC again, deleting your buddy's songs off of it.  

Like I said pretty smart since it still allows songs to be shared but not copied (though I did find a way around it).

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill

kv

• Too lazy to contact Ingo for a custom title
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
    • Click here to see a bigger verison of my Pic!
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2007, 03:42:08 PM »

Actually, with one of the newer updates, they got rid of that bug. Sara's iPod is currently set so she can synch with my computer, my laptop, her laptop, and her mom's computer. There's a setting which allows you to only download certain songs from a new computer, so we have that set for all of the computers except one (mine).

I hear you about having to go through the library and re-naming all the songs. What a pain in the ass. I had mine organized by filename (Metallica - One.mp3) and when I imported everything into iTunes, it switched all the titles to the Id3 Tags, which I hadn't set either.

I did discover that while it changes the display to the Id3 tags, it doesn't change the filename, so if you check the settings (to change the tag, for instance) that you can look at the filename and set the ID3 tag accordingly. It's still a lot of work, but not nearly as much as listening to a song and trying to remember artist, album, and track names.

-kv
"There are three rules to surviving a gun fight.
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
   If you can do that, you can survive."
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Ingo Monk

• SysOp
  • Experienced Runner
  • VOODOO!
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2007, 03:53:52 PM »

Yeah it's all quite annoying.

I use MediaMonkey now.

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill

BornKrazi

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2007, 03:59:55 PM »

Well maybe I'm just weird, but when I first pluged the Nano in the machine (I'm running Vista so I don't know if it's specific for that OS) it read it as a USB storage device.  I was able to open the folder go through the various aspects of it (Calender, Notes, Music, Photos, etc) and was able to simple copy and paste the songs into the music folder.  And jam out according to the file names I have (all my songs are ripped from the actual cd).  Once I installed iTunes it become a mess, so I simply uninstalled it and I'm having no problem.  Maybe a suggestion.  I don't think you'd be able to go around that if you have songs downloaded from iTunes, cuz I don't seem to find the files saved on the computer, so my guess is they simply give you rights to copy it to your ipod instead of actually allowing you to download it.  I dunno, I'm not the most tech savvy person, but I tend to find my way around things.

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2007, 04:08:11 PM »

The music downloaded through iTunes is in a seperate folder in the iTunes program directory. It's not exactly hidden, but it's not easy to find, either.

-kv
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

BornKrazi

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2007, 04:09:24 PM »

*Evil Grin*

Well thank you good sir, cuz I know of a person with loads of great music I'd love to have, and now I know where to look for them at!

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2007, 09:54:08 AM »

I'm pretty sure the folder is labelled something deceptive and clever like "Music."

-kv
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

BornKrazi

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2007, 11:19:49 AM »

LOL  Well I'm gonna have to check it out.  I don't have access to that computer very often,  but I'm thinking maybe this weekend I'll get a chance.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7319 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 17 queries.