Shadowrun Pub

• May 04, 2024, 03:42:31 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Relocation  (Read 800 times)

BornKrazi

Relocation
« on: June 12, 2007, 08:06:52 AM »

So this is a two part thread.  First part is I'm between places.  I finally was able to buy my first place.  So you all know how that goes.  I thought I would be Netless until (second part) I got the Palm Treo and low and behold I got access to the pub.  So I got a question about this whole PocketPC (Windows Mobile) thing.  Where can I go to get apps for this?  I got IE obviously... and Window Media Player but everytime I try downloading a program it says its not a valid pocketPC application.  how can I fix that?

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Prime Runner
  • Only the Dead have seen the end of War...
Re:Relocation
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 07:14:45 PM »

ironicly enough, I am checking in on the site on my own pocket pc. for the apps: you need to install them through a real computer. the reason for this is long and complex, and I doubt anyone but myself would care about the details of why; and seeing as how explaining it to myself for my own gratification is a little too egomianical, even for me, I will just leave it at that.

so, hook your pocket pc up to a real computer, the library will work fine if you can't find a friend by your new house to help you out.
install the intelli-sync application.
download the new app you want on your system from any of the one million free download places. (download the install app to the real computer you are using, if you already have it on the palm you can transfer it over, but that is typically more effor than just downloading it again)
unzip and install your palm application through activesync
(note: you will have to uninstall it the same way, so don't just tear it off your palm if it sucks, hook it up to a real pc and take it off.)

hope that's usefull!

-ruskiface the pirate
No one writes jokes in Base-13
6 X 9 = 42

NeoPaladin

• Multilayered Security Freak
  • Runner
  • Sereg Gurth a Rog
    • Darkrelic Shadowland
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 11:40:59 PM »

Yeah... I had a PPC that I did the just rip things off thing too, and I have to say it totally sucked, especially since it's amazingly hard to reinstall an OS onto those bastards.

Paladin
"Don't think. Just move."

Sans Peur, Voila Non Courage.

http://seattle.darkrelic.net

BornKrazi

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 02:42:30 PM »

thanks for the advice ill have to try that tomorrow
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7539 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 15 queries.