Shadowrun Pub

• March 28, 2024, 01:45:38 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gilliam's run (finally) OOC thread  (Read 2426 times)

Gilliam

• FNG
Gilliam's run (finally) OOC thread
« on: July 16, 2007, 05:27:03 PM »

okay, so... I'm finally getting off my butt and starting this up (or maybe on my butt, since I'm sitting in front of a computer).  Anyway, I'm thinking theme-wise a little non-traditional for shadowrun.  I've been reading a lot of H. P. Lovecraft lately, and I kinda have a craving for techno-horror goodness.  I think there's a lot of potential for this kind of fun in the shadowrun milieu.

I'm setting the game in seattle, characters should have something to do in or around a major community college in the area.  Perhaps someon who lives closer to Seattle or actually pays attention could supply an actual college name?

other than having something to do with the college, anything goes.  You could be a janitor or groundskeeper turned contract runner, a student, a professor... secretary, I don't really care.  

No limit on awakened characters, 400 BP, par normal.  

if you're interested, post a character sheet in this thread, and choose a text color for your character's dialogue (for my own sanity later).  my GM color will be Yellow
Lover of  Colors.

mercy

• Sixth World Dictionary Troll Edition
  • Experienced Runner
  • narcojet=night night
Re:Gilliam's run (finally) OOC thread
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 08:45:45 AM »

you doing 3ed or fourth ?
dicnary we dont need no stinking dictanary

Gilliam

• FNG
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 09:36:00 PM »

4th edition.

the intent is to have a fun little game where people can get a handle on the mechanics, but the dice rolling shouldn't really decide too much, allows for mistakes, tragic or otherwise.

just pull together a 400 BP character, my only build restriction is that if you take the sensitive system flaw (double essence loss from cyberware) that you actually have some 'ware implanted.  Otherwise, that flaw just feels like free points to me.

so dust off those 4th ed books, and lets pull some characters together!
Lover of  Colors.

mercy

• Sixth World Dictionary Troll Edition
  • Experienced Runner
  • narcojet=night night
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 12:28:43 AM »

well dont have a 4th gen book and no char generater
dicnary we dont need no stinking dictanary

Tobias Andrion

• FNG
  • All's well that ends well
    • Tobias's Shadowrun Homepage
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 06:19:06 PM »

Here is your PDF format of the shadowrun 4th ed core rules

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3xrc67
Tobias Andrion
    The Myth, The Legend

Ouija

Re: Gilliam's run (finally) OOC thread
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2007, 07:55:49 PM »

Sorry I don't have any 4th edition books either, but the link was dead.  Any help?  I'd really like to play.  I enjoy online with my busy schedule and since I tend to be a little descriptive on how I play.  My character is very unique and would be more of a "support class" and is setup more for solo play.  As in nothing really stands out as impressive, but there is enough skill to get the job done if time is not an issue.  But that was a 3rd edition character, and I'm not sure how (if any) I can convert him to 4th edition.  Although I don't mind starting from scratch if need be.  Thanks in advance for the help!  ???

Gilliam

• FNG
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2007, 06:35:27 PM »

hmmm, well, I'd kinda considered this game dead before it started... I just don't have the time to run it right now.... regularly checking anything with my schedule right now is difficult.  I'm bouncing between home and school, and swapping computers at an alarming rate, while trying to access labs with the exact software I need.  It's been nuts, and will continue to be nuts, until I graduate (hopefully at the end of spring) but if anyone wants to start up a game in place of this one, that's fine with me.
Lover of  Colors.

Ouija

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2007, 07:40:47 PM »

Well I'm sorry to hear this has died, but I hope things do work out for you.  I understand what it is like running around like that.  Hopefully somebody will run a game in it's stead  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7086 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries.