Shadowrun RPG > SR3 (Shadowrun 3rd Edition) General Discussion

Adepts

(1/4) > >>

bull30548:
Ok here is the question regarding 3rd edition Shadowrun.  

--- Quote ---
An adept cannot have more levels in a power than the adept's Magic Attribute.  For example, and adept with Magic 4 cannot have more than 4 points worth of power, none of which can have more than four levels.

During game play, adepts may purchase additional Power Points at a cost of 20 Good Karma Points per Power Point.

Page 168 Shadowrun 3rd edition rules

--- End quote ---

So how are you supposed to purchase more power points if you can't have more powers than magic attribute?

kv:
Initiate and raise your magic level?

-kv

bull30548:
Well the next paragraph says

--- Quote ---During game play, adepts may purchase additional Power Points at a cost of 20 Good Karma Points per Power Point.

page 168 Shadowrun 3rd edition

--- End quote ---

Um so how the heck does that work?

Fortune:
That '20 point' section is for those people that do not have Magic In The Shadows, and either don't want to, or can't use the Initiation rules.

bull30548:
Ok that makes even less sense the Magic in the Shadows was supposed to be supplemental rules not complete rewrite of the rules.  I think the main problem is that Adepts have never been all that well defined.  If you read there is tons on full magicians.  Aspected and Adepts not so much actually.  

I mean they don't even clearly define why an adept would want to initiate for anyway.  More Power Points, use the guidelines in the main rules.  Higher Magic rating?  Why most of their powers don't even need a spell pool.  Metamagic feats?  There are only a few out there and those are useful.  Changing our Auras? Sure could be useful if I worried about background count or being hunted by mages.  Getting rid of Geasa?  Ok you might want to get rid of those if you have any.  My question is why do you have one in the first place?  

I just would like a better game information definition they have plenty story out there for them but not a whole lot game rules wise.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version