Shadowrun Pub

• May 11, 2024, 10:32:55 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thundercats  (Read 5056 times)

Jester

• Nutcase
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Experienced Runner
  • I OWN ALL THE TWINKIES MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Re: Thundercats
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2007, 04:50:07 AM »

what's wrong with sam jackson as panthro? His nunchucks can have Bad mother f@#$er written on them
"Rivers of gold are grand, but golden streams....not so much."    :jester:

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2007, 09:58:02 AM »

Because Samuel Jackson USED to be a good character actor. That is, before he started just playing Samuel L. Jackson in EVERY DAMN ROLE HE'S BEEN IN SINCE Pulp Fiction. I'm really starting to hate that guy. He needs to get back to teh roots of actually acting before it's too late. He's turning into a black Keanue Reeves. :::sounds of retching:::

Gabriel

PS - Samuel L. Jackson was the WORST Jedi I have ever seen. Period.
We do not choose this life. We do not enjoy this life. We simply live this life. Because sometimes, even the shadows need their heroes.

kv

• Too lazy to contact Ingo for a custom title
  • Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
    • Click here to see a bigger verison of my Pic!
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2007, 01:43:16 PM »

Really? Worse than all the jedi who went with him to confront the Emperor, knowing that they faced a sith master, and still got cut down like punk ass bitches?

I like Samuel L. Jackson, but it's more for movies out of the spotlight than in it. The one concession I'll make to his fame is that I loved Die Hard with a Vengeance. But working as a character actor in 3-4 movies a year for the last decade means that a lot of people have gotten used to seeing him in celluloid. Not only that, but people have gotten used to seeing him how they want to see him.

Yeah, Jules was an awesome roll, but I don't believe for a moment that a successful character actor (no matter how typecast he's becoming) could act like that day in and day out and still have any friends left talking to him. Although the Ezekial speech was pretty damn cool. Also the "What" speech.

-kv
"There are three rules to surviving a gun fight.
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
   If you can do that, you can survive."
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2007, 04:53:55 AM »

:gabriel: BAM!!

Say "what" again! Say "what" one more damn time!!!

Gabriel
We do not choose this life. We do not enjoy this life. We simply live this life. Because sometimes, even the shadows need their heroes.

Zone

• Our Lady of Drones
  • Runner
  • Semper Gumby: Always Flexible
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2007, 09:40:06 AM »

Unfortunately Sam just didn't have the talent to play the Vapaad badass he was supposed to be.  You'd think the toughest duelist in the galaxy would be one cool and collected fellow.  He just seemed...cranky.
As a general rule, don't solve puzzles that open portals to hell.

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2007, 12:24:06 PM »

Thank you! I couldn't have summed it up better myself. He just seemed like a prick as Mace Windu. The mindset of the Jedi had already been established in the original movies, why in the world would you think a Light Jedi would be using the force to attack someone? Isn't that the way to the Dark Side???

Gabriel

Zone

• Our Lady of Drones
  • Runner
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2007, 09:00:55 AM »

I think they want us thinking Mace is a borderlands walker.  Vapaad is supposed to be almost a dark discipline or some such.  Who cares.

The only reason to watch the new trilogy is Ewan.  That boy worked his arse off and amazingly made most of the unutterably bad dialogue almost tolerable.

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2007, 01:58:18 PM »

Almost. Ewan was the high point of the movies. I actually like the guy playing Anakin, but apparently "Again, Faster!" wasn't the direction he needed to hear. He played a wooden post quite well.

Oh, and you could see where Luke got his angsty whining from. ;D Certainly wasn't his mom. Don't even get me started on that. Look at who's playing Amidala, and she's 13 in the first movie, has a bare midriff for ten minutes of the second (that people for some reason got excited for), and then she's fat pregnant all of the third movie. He couldn't have gotten a less attractive woman to play that part?

-kv
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Gabriel

• Ignorant Savage
  • Veteran Runner
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2007, 05:17:10 AM »

Oh come on, Natalie Portman is HOT. Just because you have bad taste in galactic princesses doesn't mean she's not. ;)

Gabriel

mercy

• Sixth World Dictionary Troll Edition
  • Experienced Runner
  • narcojet=night night
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2007, 09:27:58 AM »

gabe your starting to wory Me chummer
dicnary we dont need no stinking dictanary

Zone

• Our Lady of Drones
  • Runner
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2007, 10:30:25 AM »

Actually she was about 18 in the first movie.  And she's better looking imo that say, that Knightley scarecrow.

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2007, 11:07:17 AM »

Natalie Portman was 18. Her character, Princess Amidala, a fairly elected democratic leader of a planet that is apparently VERY HARD UP for good leadership, so much so that they elected a 13 year old to run the planet! Amidala was 13 in the first movie. Anakin is 6. Natalie Portman and Kieran Knightly actually switched places every other scene, so that it was never really clear to the people filming (or those watching closely) who was playing the queen at any given time.

When next they meet, Anakin is 16, and she's 23. So she's the one cradle-robbing, even though Anakin makes the first, second, and third move. Oh, and Padme has a bare midriff for the end of the movie, after the cat fight but before she falls out of the helicopter-thing.

In the last movie, I guess Anakin is 20-something, and Amidala is 30-something and heavy pregnant with twins.

Fifteen years later, father time has taken a bat to Obi-Wan, and Ewan's jedi knight is in his 60s. Not that time was any kinder to Anakin, who four years later is in his 50s/60s as well, despite being almost twenty years younger than Obi-Wan.

-kv
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Zone

• Our Lady of Drones
  • Runner
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2007, 04:25:31 PM »

Actually I believe that in our opening story the ages are 9 for Anakin, 14 for Amidala, and about 23 or 4 for Obiwan.  The next movie is ten years later, and the last in that series 3 or four after that, although for some reason though 3 or four years jumped Obiwan another ten, I agree with your assessment there - and then 20 pass before the original SW movie is supposed to take place.  Continuity in Lucas' SW is about as good as our record for staying on topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7680 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 20 queries.