Shadowrun RPG > The Corporations

Renraku Arcology - OOC

<< < (2/5) > >>

Ouija:
True, but as I've read a little further into the book, it appears that had some problems in Japan as well...

kv:
Yeah, the Japancorps had some of the worst racism in the entire world- they typically wouldn't even hire blacks, much less any metahumans at all. In fact, one of the megacorps turned out to be owned by a free spirit, who reversed the racist hiring practices and moved the company to Vladistock.

-kv

Ouija:
Yeah it was a lot for me to absorb at once, I need to go back and read over it again.  But I finally made it to Creating a Shadowrunner, and I have to say somethings I see I'll already like, but I do see how the character's are considerably weaker.  But so far I like it, but I still have a ways to go.

kv:
Yeah, the starting characters are a lot weaker, but it just means that you have to make more streamlined characters. It also means that starting characters can't walk down the street and go toe to toe with a hardened shadowrunner. You have fewer skills, not as much magic, and are unable to get higher-level cyberwear.

It's also a LOT harder to get good tech once you start the game. Technically, it's more like the games that I like to run- gutterpunk style, but I like to have quasi-heroes in my gutterpunk campaigns, and I haven't done enough of 4th edition games to see if that's going to happen.

-kv

Ingo Monk:
Here are the bits and pieces from my understanding:

The Renraku Arcology is still sealed up in 2070 (SR4 beginning timeline).  I'm not sure if it's still got the people inside, or they got all the people out and just sealed it for investigations.

Also, Deus is alive, though in small bits and pieces all over the new matrix.  He basically took his code, chopped it up, and put it all over.  I'm sure when a new Threats book comes out there's going to be a part about Deus.  Maybe some group is putting him back together, or maybe he's putting himself back together?

In the Arcology Shutdown campaign setting the runners get help from the AI that Deus was based off of, kind of his mother you could say. Her name escapes me at the moment.  She was hiding in the matrix and came out to stop Deus.

Other than what's already been mentioned that's all that I remember.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version