Shadowrun Pub

• April 23, 2024, 09:54:02 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dogberry's Payment Formula  (Read 3076 times)

Ouija

Dogberry's Payment Formula
« on: October 22, 2007, 08:07:33 AM »

I thought this was interesting when I came across it.  I've had it since 1998, and my usual group and I have come to accept this as a method to calculate payment. Although we have modified it from the original version seeing as this can make for some deep pockets for runners with low lifestyle. So here it is in it's original text:

First start with the average of the team's lifestyles:
Runner 1: Low lifestyle = 1000¥
Runner 2: Low lifestyle = 1000¥
Runner 3: Medium lifestyle = 5000¥
Runner 4: High lifestyle = 10,000¥

Total = 17,000¥/4 = 4250¥

That is the base, now add on the extras.

Reputation covers the aspects of how well the runners are known on the street and corporate sector. If they botch a lot of runs, reputation goes down. If they do some good quiet runs, rep goes up. It's that simple.

Bad: The runner's have done something horrible that makes most Johnson's avoid them like the plague. This might including botching up over 50% of their runs, squelching on a contract or equally stupid activity. -500¥

Poor: They've screwed up early on in their career and are rumored to be shady and unreliable. Or they have no reputation whatsoever because they've never pulled off a run. Most likely hired by Johnson's on a tight budget. +100¥

Good: The runners have pulled off some difficult to moderate runs and have built up a pretty good reputation among Johnson's. +4000¥

Excellent: The runners are high paid and livin' large. They have the skill to boast about and their own seat at a night club. Life is good. +7000¥

Experience:
Experience represent how much the runner has been through and how much action he's seen.

None: The runners have done nothing up until being contracted. They may have just gotten out of high school or was a corporate wage slave. -200¥

Newbie: The runners have done some things for local gangs and maybe small time stuff for organized crime, but nothing that really mattered.

Major League: The runners have done some semi-difficult runs for some important people and have gotten a few skills under their belt. +5000¥

Heavy Hitter: The runners have seen action in several countries and are highly skilled in their area of expertise. They are known for their subtlety and expertise. +9000¥

Importance of the Run:
The importance of the run reflects how much the employer(s) want the run to be successful. The more productive they want you to be, the more they shell out.

Unimportant: The employer(s) needs are served by the runners being present and not necessarily accomplishing their goal. -100¥

Semi-Important: The run is not crucial to the future of the corporation but it wouldn't hurt if the runners succeeded or failed. The employer wants something but not with a passion. +400¥

Highly Important: The employer is in a situation where it is crucial that the runners be successful. This kind of run can also make or break a runners rep. +5000¥

Extremely Important: The employer is now in a make or break situation and needs the run pulled off at optimum efficiency and skill. He hires the best for the best runs. +8000¥

Employer's ability to pay:
The employer's credstick is the most important factor in this formula. If the employer is on a tight budget, they can't afford expensive runners. In contrast, the wealthy and powerful corporations can afford to be somewhat loose with what they spend and consequently spend more on quality of runner.

Poor: The employer has no ability to pay the runners nuyen. They may agree to pay in kind or pay later but there is no cash that exchanges hands before the run. This category changes the rules in a way . The hiring character has to provide the runners with enough services or material worth whatever they would have been paid otherwise. +0¥

Middle Class: The employer has limited funds to pay the runners with. They have a job but not much to give the runners. -500¥

Upper Class: The upper class include holding corporations or individuals that are backed by wealthier individuals. They have a fair amount of cash to offer the runners. +3000¥

Royalty: Not actual royalty in the strictest sense but extremely wealthy individuals that have nuyen to burn on runners. This includes highly developed corporations and very wealthy, influential individuals. +5000¥

Add all this up and whatever you come out with multiply by .80. This represents an employer's unwillingness to pay the runner the full amount they have to offer. If the runners want more then 80%, they will have to negotiate for it.

Here is an example of how the system works:

Lifestyle costs: 17,000¥/4 = 4250¥
Experience: Newbie +300¥
Importance of run: Semi-Important +400¥
Employer's ability to pay: Upper Class +3000¥

Total: 11,950¥ * .80 = 9560¥

So there you have it. A runner is paid. The GM should try to use this table as a guide as apposed to a payment calculator that's written in stone. In other words change as you see fit.

ROOTless

• Exalt
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Experienced Runner
  • Reality? Yesterday's news!
Re: Dogberry's Payment Formula
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 10:11:53 AM »

Congratulations, you just got stickied.
Reality?  That's for people who can't handle hot ASIST!

"I find you lack of grammar...disturbing..."

Ouija

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 11:25:50 AM »

YAY!  :D

kv

• Too lazy to contact Ingo for a custom title
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
    • Click here to see a bigger verison of my Pic!
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 01:00:20 PM »

That is pretty awesome. I'll have to use that- I've been wanting to play Shadowrun (third Edition) for a while now. I'll have to figure out what to do for a run, but you supplied a list for that, too.

Thank, Ouija!

-kv
"There are three rules to surviving a gun fight.
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
   If you can do that, you can survive."
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Ouija

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 01:56:17 PM »

Now if someone will host one I hear that would be great!  ::)

Gilliam

• FNG
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2007, 10:16:37 PM »

I think this will port really easily to fourth edition too.  Thanks for this paydata, I'll be using it, whenever I actually get to run a game again.

Buys Ouija a Killian's Irish Red.
Lover of  Colors.

Ouija

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2007, 06:41:55 AM »

Mmm delicious, thanks omae  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7352 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 21 queries.