Shadowrun Pub

• April 27, 2024, 03:57:25 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DBZ  (Read 1416 times)

Kagemusha

• Shadow Warrior
  • FNG
"Become aware of what is not obvious."--from "The Earth Scroll" section of The Book of Five Rings by Miyamoto Musashi

Jester

• Nutcase
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Experienced Runner
  • I OWN ALL THE TWINKIES MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Re: DBZ
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 05:01:35 AM »

um, the trailer and the second link don't coincide. The trailer said Micheal Bay is directing and the second link sais some asian dude. I think I may have to believe it when I see something better. Sorry :(
"Rivers of gold are grand, but golden streams....not so much."    :jester:

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
  • Only the Dead have seen the end of War...
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 04:48:16 PM »

think the movie will include the two hours of dirt clearing after every punch that was so popular in all the games/shows/books?

-RuskiFace the pirate
No one writes jokes in Base-13
6 X 9 = 42

Jester

• Nutcase
  • Experienced Runner
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 04:48:11 AM »

Goku: Ok, Vegita, time for some action! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...half our later...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! So, Vegita, how's things goin?

Curris

• Grunt
  • We come in Peace! ( whisper ) Shoot to kill, men..
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 01:35:40 AM »

Sigh. . . I was really into Dragon Ball Z about ten to five years ago (Yikes, time flies!) as I was going through the series. Now that I've completely watched it all, my interest has waned. That said. . .

I'd still totally love to see live action of it, but only so far as it kept true to the spirit of the series, and hollywood didn't butcher it too bad. (I'm not worried. It seems that hollywood is finally learning how to do Comic book/anime movies correctly. . .)

I know, I know. DBZ has it's share of stupidity and quirks, and I'm not going to waste my time defending them. Suffice to say, it's not for everyone, and as for myself, well, I'm cool enough to laugh at the dumb and enjoy it for what it is. A no-holds-barred, over-the-top, brawl.

If this were real (and those links would seem to indicate that it is, in fact, a false trailer), I'd love it for the same reason I liked all three Matrix movies. Good mix of effects to google and drool at, toss in far-reaching quest to save existence, and beat folks up. . .
By reading this, you have just given me temporary control of your brain. . .

Jester

• Nutcase
  • Experienced Runner
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 04:42:14 AM »

if they were to make a movie I wonder if they'd do one of the Sagas or make something up...

Capt_North

• Grunt
  • Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride.
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2008, 01:39:22 PM »

From my understanding they chopped the story and characters up as badly as  a back alley street doc who has to read an anatomy book as he works..... They dropped alot of the main characters, and evidently just ignored most of what was done with the series aside from the names of the characters..
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.

kv

• Too lazy to contact Ingo for a custom title
  • Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
    • Click here to see a bigger verison of my Pic!
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 09:52:26 AM »

Well, it look like they're going for more of a Dragonball storyline, before the introduction of a lot of the ancillary characters. It's the first Dragonball Z story, I think, the one where Piccilo is a bad guy.

The stunt team is the same one that did 300, and the VFX one is the same ones that worked on Final Destination and 300. So they could be planning something really cool.

I have my fingers crossed for a smoke cloud that takes FOREVER to clear, just as an homage to the series. ;D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragonball_(film) (Wikipedia Entry with current cast)
http://imdb.com/title/tt1098327/ (IMDB Entry. The wikipedia thing has more info, but this one is more 'official')

-kv
"There are three rules to surviving a gun fight.
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
   If you can do that, you can survive."
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Curris

• Grunt
  • We come in Peace! ( whisper ) Shoot to kill, men..
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 02:13:53 AM »

Captain North's post saddens me, but I can understand dropping some characters. . . There are over three hundred that I could casually name, and in Hollywood, that's not good business. . .

Additionally, it would seem that they've casted Chow Yun Fat as Master Roshi! That's Hilarious! I seriously can't imagine Mr. Fat as anything near pervy enough. . .
By reading this, you have just given me temporary control of your brain. . .
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7390 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 19 queries.