Shadowrun Pub

• May 13, 2024, 12:01:13 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Iron Man  (Read 2261 times)

Capt_North

• Grunt
  • Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride.
Iron Man
« on: April 30, 2008, 05:52:39 AM »

WOOO!!!!!! Tomorrow, midnight, Movie! Gonna See! Will post Review! If theres no review watch the news for stories of horror comitted by a rampaging nerd...

.. should probally be more specific then that... Brown hair and kinda worn out glasses...

umm.. Tall and lanky..
Kinda akward looking...

..... DEAR GOD I LOOK LIKE AN EXTRA!!!! QUICK!! WHATS MY LAST NAME I DONT WANNA DIE IN RANDOM GUN FIRE!!! I WANNA BE THE ONE DOING THE RANDOM GUNFIRE!!!! *curls up in a corner and sobs uncontrollably..*
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.

kv

• Too lazy to contact Ingo for a custom title
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
    • Click here to see a bigger verison of my Pic!
Re: Iron Man
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 02:06:54 PM »

Hey- I also heard that Downey makes a cameo in the new Hulk movie as Tony Stark .;D

I'm looking forward to seeing this, too.

-kv
"There are three rules to surviving a gun fight.
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
   If you can do that, you can survive."
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Jester

• Nutcase
  • Experienced Runner
  • I OWN ALL THE TWINKIES MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 04:47:33 AM »

I know someone who got to see a preview and he gave it a good review. Can't wait to see this one
"Rivers of gold are grand, but golden streams....not so much."    :jester:

Capt_North

• Grunt
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 06:36:51 AM »

Ok! Pretty damn freaking Kickass movie. Was never able to find much of the iron man comics so brought a friend knows a good deal about the series, keeps pretty accurate to it, and just does a good job making sure the characters ARE the characters unlike in the other comic movies where they rewrite them to their need. his big dissapointment was iron mans big enemy the Mandarin wasnt a supernatural badguy, just little terrorist who fiddled with a big ring and called his group the ten rings. not the real bad guy of the story. I like how they slowly go through the diffrent versions of the armor and some good "bloopers" from making them.. such as testing thrust capacity, and finding out the roof of his home wasnt made to hold up to about several tons being dropped on it.

All in all, good movie, go see it. the actors fit the characters perfectly, and its just fun to watch.
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.

APOCALYPSE

• Japanese Great Dragon
  • Goon
  • Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 07:56:30 AM »

Yeah, I have to wait for this one to hit the shores on my side. I've seen the previews but no official release date yet.
:apoc: If I’m asleep at the bar counter then probably drifted into astral space and forgot where I was so feel free to give me a nudge to bring me back to your reality. :apoc:

Ingo Monk

• SysOp
  • Experienced Runner
  • VOODOO!
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 05:28:43 PM »

I saw it, and I'd give 4.9/5 BOB's.

Yeah Tony Stark is in the next Hulk movie, but I don't know how big of a part he's going to be in it.  I also hear that the Hulk (played by Ed Norton) is going to be in the next Iron Man movie.  And yes, Iron Man is supposed to be a trilogy.

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill

Jester

• Nutcase
  • Experienced Runner
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 04:46:01 AM »

From what I've heard about this movie and alot of Marvel's upcoming is that they started their own production company. So now they don't have to worry about another Spiderman 3 since they now have COMPLETE control. All paramount does is put the movie out.

kv

• Too lazy to contact Ingo for a custom title
  • Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
    • Click here to see a bigger verison of my Pic!
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 05:36:46 PM »

Actually, Spiderman 3 was Marvel's fault- they forced Sam Raimi to include VBenom in this movie, rather than introducing the concept in this movie, and waiting until the next movie to bring in the villain.

From the interviews that I read, Avi Arad actually told Raimi something along the lines of "You made two movies that you wanted to make. Now you'll make the one we want you to!"

But I hope the studio learns something from this movie- if you find someone who loves the comics (Raimi for Spiderman, Norton for the Hulk, Singer for Superman) and let them make a movie they can be proud of, then you'll have a kick-ass movie on your hands.

If you let Ang Lee direct it, it's going to suck. I think that's something we can all take with us.

-kv
"There are three rules to surviving a gun fight.
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
   If you can do that, you can survive."
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Jester

• Nutcase
  • Experienced Runner
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2008, 06:07:23 AM »

didn't realise it was Marvel's fault. Boy. was that a stupid idea

Capt_North

• Grunt
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2008, 09:25:33 AM »

AAAhhh.... On the spiderman movies, I blame everybody involved. Im not a big fan of the movie series sa it didnt really feel like i was watching spider man, but some guy in spidermans costume and had spider powers. It was missing alot of the really big spiderman things like the one-liners and jokes. a HUGE part of spiderman is the jokes, puns, quips, one-liners and all of that. without it he was just this kinda really whiny super-dope.
If you can find a copy of Spiderman Reign, i think its a limited print, but there is always the option to cover your eyes and plug your ears as the internet faery makes it magically appear some place. The story is about spiderman in his later days as an old man, something happened and it made him quit the superhero business and he is an old withered man who can barely hold a job. The city is now "protected" by Reign, a militant-style police group that makes lone-star look like your high school guidence counceler. Mmmm'kay.

At one point in the story an old.. er man shows up trying to talk friendly to parker, only to have him stand there in amazement for several moments only to slam the door in his face prompting the man to demand parker opens the package (never gives it to him, it appears next to him behind the door). The old man then attacks a pair of Reign troops (whom earlier are laughing about how one of them used a paddle to beat a kid he called a baby, then get a bottle of milk, heat it till its scalding and pour it on the kid) getting in a couple of lucky shots, only to be over powered and stomped. Quick jump to, parkers talking about how he always hated the jokes, he never told them it was the mask, and how it could never get enough of them.

Great series with a much darker setting, and great jokes in it from parker/the mask (not the real Mask from darkhorse.. though that would be great)

Capt_North

• Grunt
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2008, 09:41:43 AM »

Oh yeah... Best quote.. SPiderman gets hit with Mysterio's fear gas and sees mary jane calling him a failure. Sees through it and punches him in the face through the fish bowl and all. starts walking away saying "Some Advice: Do NOT dress up like a mans dead wife. Not unless he pays you to."

Jester

• Nutcase
  • Experienced Runner
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2008, 04:58:13 AM »

back on topic, I saw Ironman yesterday...finally. Holly Crap!!!! That movie rocked my socks off!!!!! Badass!!!!! 5 out of 5 bobs!

APOCALYPSE

• Japanese Great Dragon
  • Goon
  • Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2008, 07:07:25 AM »

Sounds pretty good. I'm going to see it as soon as it hits my shores.
:apoc: If I’m asleep at the bar counter then probably drifted into astral space and forgot where I was so feel free to give me a nudge to bring me back to your reality. :apoc:

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
  • Only the Dead have seen the end of War...
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2008, 02:05:53 PM »

:bob::bob::bob::bob::bob:
-Ruski
No one writes jokes in Base-13
6 X 9 = 42

Jester

• Nutcase
  • Experienced Runner
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2008, 04:43:53 AM »

it's bob!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7689 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 19 queries.