Shadowrun Pub

• March 28, 2024, 07:52:04 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Video Games  (Read 3082 times)

kv

• Too lazy to contact Ingo for a custom title
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
    • Click here to see a bigger verison of my Pic!
Video Games
« on: August 24, 2010, 11:42:59 AM »

What games is everyone playing? Anything new? Like it, love it, hate it?

-kv
"There are three rules to surviving a gun fight.
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
   If you can do that, you can survive."
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Jester

• Nutcase
  • Experienced Runner
  • I OWN ALL THE TWINKIES MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Re: Video Games
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 07:12:34 AM »

I'm playing 2 games right now. First one is Borderlands. I just got around to getting it and it's alot of fun. No deathmatching but the co-op experiance is cool. The second one is a closed beta for World of Tanks. It's a team based shooter where you drive around in WW2 tanks blasting the other guys. Right now we can use Russian and German tanks. They are about to add american tanks in the next patch. When it comes out, not sure when, you will be able to form clans. And clans the clans will be able to fight for teritory in europe. And one of the best parts about the whole thing is it will be a micro transaction game. So the overall game itself will be free to play. That's what I'm playing right now :)
"Rivers of gold are grand, but golden streams....not so much."    :jester:

Zone

• Our Lady of Drones
  • Runner
  • Semper Gumby: Always Flexible
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 06:15:56 PM »

Actually , I recently rediscovered a copy of Baldur's Gate II at the bottom of a box and although I beat it once upon a time, I decided to run it again using only the female characters - the Go-gos goMedieval if you will ;) 
As a general rule, don't solve puzzles that open portals to hell.

Ingo Monk

• SysOp
  • Experienced Runner
  • VOODOO!
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 12:13:25 AM »

I'm playing a whole lot of Battlefield Bad Company 2.  On off days I'm going through Mass Effect 2 as well ;)

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill

APOCALYPSE

• Japanese Great Dragon
  • Goon
  • Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 04:24:51 AM »

I'm a huge STARCRAFT fan so been playing STARCRAFT II. What more can I say besides it's a blast. It only took over ten years for them to finish it.

Also, been playing through Final Fantasy Tactics A2 on my Nintendo DS as well as using my Wii Fit.

@Zone: Baldur's Gate II was a blast. I used to have it but got rid of it a long time ago.
:apoc: If I’m asleep at the bar counter then probably drifted into astral space and forgot where I was so feel free to give me a nudge to bring me back to your reality. :apoc:

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 02:28:38 PM »

My wife and I are living with Ruski at the moment, so we have access to his entire library of games and movies, as well as our own. I haven't been playing a lot of video games, because I try and skimp on them when I should be doing something important.

Last full game I played was Mass Effect 2. Afterward, I started another play-through of the first game, to see how decisions differed. I also wanted to set up for the third game, so there would be a way to see the good and bad endings.

My wife played through Red Dead Redemption, and that was pretty awesome (I played it, didn't finish it), and I've resolved to go back and beat Fallout 3 (and all the expansions), as well as Dragon Age (and all the expansions) before their sequels come out.

My wife just started Saboteur, which she put in the topless code for! I was so shocked!

-kv
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Ingo Monk

• SysOp
  • Experienced Runner
  • VOODOO!
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010, 11:32:53 PM »

Saboteur was really fun, and there's plenty of stuff to do if you're one of those completionist people.

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2010, 03:05:15 PM »

I am a completionist, which is usually annoying, and even moreso now that they can tack on DLC to my favorite games, meaning I haven't finished all of it (I'm currently trying to finish the expansion for Dragon Age and re-playing Fallout 3 with all the expansions).

Ruski picked up Metal Gear Solid 4, but the only thing I know about it is that Otacon's voice shouting "Snake??!? SNAKE!!!!!" is seriously getting on my nerves.

-kv
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Zone

• Our Lady of Drones
  • Runner
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2020, 11:26:06 AM »

Not generally a big console gamer but got a bunch of 'em, and a big old box of untouched old games, so just finished Fallout New Vegas on my tryout run.  Liked it well enough that now I have to go back in, create a new character, and find all the story lines. I'm like that, gotta do it all or I'm not done.  Much like KV above, I tend toward completionism. 

The companion options are certainly a mixed bag. I found Raul and Veronica annoying to various degrees. Lily was fine but her voice was grating and she also tended to run into the line of fire, Boone was good and his quest was decent, but way less than expected, Arcade was so good I found myself making character decisions based on his stated preferences, but the best of the bunch were Ed-E and Rex. Wish I could have run them together.  Barely touched on Rose of Sharon, so she's going to get preference on the full  dress run. Companions are very important to me in these things, gotta have someone to hide behind ;)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 11:40:35 AM by Zone »

Capt_North

• Grunt
  • Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride.
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2020, 12:58:58 PM »

Hahah, oh, good ole New Vegas. Not sure if someones still working on a fallout 4 update version thing. basicly ALL of fallout new vegas brought into fallout 4 with things updated and fixed.. Id love that.

As for me, I enjoy stealthy fun in Fall games, and always went the insane route of sneaking straight north through the death claws, bandits, geckos and other insanely dangerous things to get to vegas right away and collect a good rifle, and if possible the big 50. Never even heard the shot that killed them.

would especially love it with some of fall 4s mods, like battle for the wastelands, mobile groups of enemies patrolling around to liven things up (just not in their masses of 10+ guys..) and option to build your bases where you want...
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.

ROOTless

• Exalt
  • Experienced Runner
  • Reality? Yesterday's news!
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2020, 03:07:23 PM »

Battletech and the old Shadowrun games by Harebrained Schemes.
Also pulled Stellaris out again.
Reality?  That's for people who can't handle hot ASIST!

"I find you lack of grammar...disturbing..."

Zone

• Our Lady of Drones
  • Runner
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2020, 01:37:26 PM »

They're trying to get me to play Metal Gear Solid, it doesn't sound like my niche (which is pretty much strictly fantasy/scifi) should I give it a go or continue to nod and sneer, muttering 'maybe someday.'

Capt_North

• Grunt
  • Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride.
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2020, 02:11:03 AM »

Been drifting between
No Man's Sky, for fun kinda flying around, gathering stuff to build base, and blowing things up. fairly fun and interesting as trying to find cool gear and such.

Hardspace: Shipbreaker for mindless kinda fun work stuff. take time dissecting a ship and tossing the parts away to their bins. great to just kinda zone out and plan then implement.

AAnndd.. Dead Effect 2. Cause sometimes you wanna just get a big fucking gun and FUCK SHIT UP!
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.

ROOTless

• Exalt
  • Experienced Runner
  • Reality? Yesterday's news!
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2020, 06:12:03 AM »

They're trying to get me to play Metal Gear Solid,
It's a stealth game I believe? Never played it myself.
At least one of my original SR-group was a fan though.
Reality?  That's for people who can't handle hot ASIST!

"I find you lack of grammar...disturbing..."

Zone

• Our Lady of Drones
  • Runner
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2020, 08:30:29 AM »

I enjoy stealthy fun in Fall games, and always went the insane route of sneaking straight north through the death claws, bandits, geckos and other insanely dangerous things to get to vegas right away and collect a good rifle, and if possible the big 50.

Tried this, managed to stealth my way past all the deathclaws up to Crimson Caravan, discovering new locations along the way.  Having issues finding enough ammo, always running out, but I snuck about Nipton, came at the Legion pisswits from the back and took them and their dogs down with three frag mines, a couple sticks of dynamite, and a 10mm pistol all by my own little self, no companions. Admittedly got a little bloody, but finished with half my HP, and did it in one go. 

Anybody know a game called Castlevania? It was at the very bottom of the box and I was wondering if that was a review.  I generally hate vampire stuff, but if it's about destroying them, I might be persuaded.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7089 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 21 queries.