Shadowrun Pub

• May 02, 2024, 12:12:37 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Video Games  (Read 3234 times)

Zone

• Our Lady of Drones
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Runner
  • Semper Gumby: Always Flexible
Re: Video Games
« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2022, 12:23:50 PM »

Gad! I so hate trying to drive in video games!!! If there hadn't been a work around in Noir I'd have given it up, as it is I'm only still playing 'cause I told the boyz I would.  It is not all that and a bag of chips, but it's playable.
As a general rule, don't solve puzzles that open portals to hell.

ROOTless

• Exalt
  • Experienced Runner
  • Reality? Yesterday's news!
« Reply #76 on: November 16, 2022, 02:56:04 AM »

Yeah, driving in games aren't really my bag either
Reality?  That's for people who can't handle hot ASIST!

"I find you lack of grammar...disturbing..."

Capt_North

• Grunt
  • Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride.
« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2022, 10:05:38 AM »

i like it in some games, but it tends to be very hard to get right, with steering being either very slack or way to stiff. Couple of the GTA games i liked, and Saints row 2. ... and i admit i have a small guilty pleasure for driving in mass effect and rather enjoyed the mako zipping around like an insane wasp with a broken wing.

That said the warthog in Halo is also bomb.
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.

Zone

• Our Lady of Drones
  • Runner
« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2022, 12:27:24 PM »

...zipping around like an insane wasp with a broken wing.

This I can relate to.

I've switched over to Civilization for the time being.

Capt_North

• Grunt
« Reply #79 on: December 13, 2022, 03:15:36 PM »

Thar ya be:3

Im switching between darktide and valheim with its new update. Nice and relaxing to just go out and build.
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.

ROOTless

• Exalt
  • Experienced Runner
« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2023, 10:24:13 AM »

I've switched over to Civilization for the time being.
Always a win ;)

Zone

• Our Lady of Drones
  • Runner
« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2023, 09:10:43 AM »

One of da boyz gave me the Ultimate Edition for Fallout 3, so now we can get the ending we should have had from the beginning and not an early grave for a 19 year old - who, okay, had probably killed 740 people by then.

ROOTless

• Exalt
  • Experienced Runner
« Reply #82 on: March 03, 2023, 07:04:18 AM »

That's good news :)

Capt_North

• Grunt
« Reply #83 on: March 04, 2023, 01:30:26 AM »

Heheh, im hopingbthe remakes of FO3 and New Vegas in the fallout 4 engine work out. Hell, id like to see 76 mde into a proper solo game with the 3 style, or 4s. Rather then its own trash one.

Games, been playing lots of sons of the forest with a friend. Lots of deforestation and cannibal killing. Good times.

Other is escape from tarkov with single player mods. Its actually kinda fun to just creep around slow and quiet, scavving the bits you can find, occasionally hunting down pmcs for gear and goods. Really love the weapon customization in it.

Was enjoying darktide, but.. its kinda meh nowm same handful of missions and such, slim weapon pool, no real story which is a pisser with how they went on about havin dan abbnett as a writer. Just to repetative for its own good.

Zone

• Our Lady of Drones
  • Runner
« Reply #84 on: March 24, 2023, 11:39:42 AM »

FO3 DLCs are a mixed bag.  Didn't like that Pitt. There is no good resolution, nothing can be made better, and everybody sucks, there are no characters you can like.  That's a big drawback for me.  Could have been so much better with a little effort/talent on the writers parts.

The Out of this World is okay, you do get lots of useful stuff and quite  bit of useless stuff you can sell for caps. The commentary on humans isn't great, I tend to think we can be pretty stellar if required to cowboy up, but the game thinks we can pollute even a space ship with random crap.  And you do get a space ship as a base if you want, but the New Vegas Big MT is still so much better.

In the middle of Point Lookout - a trip to Deliverance dystopia version.  It's a tough nut, do not do this scenario at anything less than level 18 or 20. I'm 20 and some of the new ghouls and swamp people are still incredibly hard to kill, and there is no easy repair of your gear, almost no one drops comparable weapons so you can affect repairs.  You have to rely on others to repair your stuff so its never above 1/2 condition wise.  The available weapons are just too slow to use effectively against the ultra-ghouls, and even with the sniper perk and complete surprise, I have yet to kill one from ambush yet, so rapid fire is a must.  It's also never a sunny day, always overcast, makes you really appreciate the Wasteland, at least it doesn't have depressing weather.  Super mutants you can dispose of, nothing you can do about the weather.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2023, 03:04:15 PM by Zone »

Capt_North

• Grunt
« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2023, 12:40:51 AM »

thoughts on broken steel? Its the one i never actually really got to play... Well. that and Pitt. it just sounded like ass honestly.

and yeah, lot of fall3 dlc stuff felt like it was written by someone in the middle of a breakup or something, just generally fairly negative and all.

Zone

• Our Lady of Drones
  • Runner
« Reply #86 on: April 21, 2023, 12:00:03 PM »

just completed part one of Broken steel - they destroyed Liberty Prime from a orbital platform, so the iron giant's idiot cousin is now dead - in its wake during the showdown with the Enclave, one of the bodies I ran across was the caravan drug dealer, Doc Hoff, now if ever there was a capitalist....I assume his bodyguard and brahmin are still walking the route since their bodies weren't there, so maybe I can loot it later since I got his key.  Kinda of a bummer but at least it wasn't the arms dealer - him I  invested in.

Right now gotta get encrypted files to the Brotherhood to get on to the next part.  So far just another slug fest, and since I'm topped out in almost everything by now, I'm doing pretty well in that.  I wish they added options to fix stuff... like Big Town - get it on the merchant route, send settlers there, teach them more than just robot maintenance.  Or set the Wanderer up as a caravan king/queen and run Uncle Roe out of business - or better, absorb his routes.  Canterbury Commons would be a nice place to retire from wandering....don't know how hard that kind of addition would be.

ROOTless

• Exalt
  • Experienced Runner
« Reply #87 on: April 23, 2023, 09:22:57 AM »

Looks like you're having fun! :)

Zone

• Our Lady of Drones
  • Runner
« Reply #88 on: April 27, 2023, 03:51:09 PM »

Yeah, it's okay, but really have more fun trying to come up with what they should have done to amuse me better.  And really I have got to get over this must get the companions through alive thing I have going, had to run the Enclave base invasion about 7 times before I told the Star Paladin just to wait while I cleared out the baddies and then went back and got her - after which, she, of course, just vanished.  Goodness knows if I'll ever see her again now, but not going back now... 

ROOTless

• Exalt
  • Experienced Runner
« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2023, 12:23:51 PM »

Even better!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7510 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.