General > Reviews

Odd Little Movies

(1/3) > >>

Zone:
Okay, I'm starting a list of offbeat movies that may not have been in the mainstream but are worth a look anyway. Feel free to contribute. Today's offering:

Assassin in Love
(AKA The Baker)
Really quirky little British comedy. The exploding ram really caught our attention.
Stars Damian Lewis who did such a great job as Winters in Band of Brothers. 

APOCALYPSE:
I can't say that I've heard of it but sometimes my access to movies are limited in Japan. However, I'll take a look.

I did see an underplayed movie a while back called Waiting....

It's a comedy with Ryan Reynolds and Justin Long about being waiters in a restaurant chain. It's got a star-filled cast even though it was not very big but it's quite funny and will make you laugh if you need one.

Ingo Monk:
Waiting... was a fun movie.

If you're into Kung Fu movies, Ip Man is a good one.  It's based on the real-life struggles of Ip Man, sometimes spelled/pronounced as Yip Man, the fore father of modern Wushu.  He taught Bruce Lee!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yip_Man

Jester:
I liked Ninja Assassin. Wasn't in theaters very long but I thought it was worth buying.

kv:
I just convinced my wife to come see Dylan Dog: Dead of Night. It's a quirkly little horror movie, based on a comic of the same name. It has Brandon Routh and Sam Waterson, and it was a lot of fun to watch. It's more Army of Darkness than Nightmare on Elm Street, but I enjoyed it.

- kv

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version