Shadowrun Pub

• March 29, 2024, 01:09:07 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Back to the Shack  (Read 10693 times)

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Prime Runner
  • Only the Dead have seen the end of War...
Re: Back to the Shack
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2011, 10:10:45 AM »

"Really? Awesome! Okay, I've got 300 newyen, and a hundred of that is yours if you can help me pick out a phone (I'm guessing for about 200) and help me delete off the spy-ware installed on it and set it to a passive mode. I don't need the AR on it, I just want to be able to make calls without my creditors finding the number and tracking me. is that do-able?  If it helps, I'm in the Paranormal Critter elimination business.  I can get rid of a nest of devil-rats 'gratis' for you or something to sweeten the deal?"
No one writes jokes in Base-13
6 X 9 = 42

Ingo Monk

• SysOp
  • Experienced Runner
  • VOODOO!
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2011, 02:58:10 PM »

Roll for previous test to get sysadmin access (Hacking + Exploit = 9):
9d6.hits(5)=3, 9d6.hits(5)=1, 9d6.hits(5)=2
9d6.hits(5)=6, 9d6.hits(5)=4, 9d6.hits(5)=5
Succeeded in 4 turns
Eric makes a slight frown at how long it took to gain admin access.  He then looks up at Sly.  "Should be easy enough, but you should probably buy one before we start messing with it."  He smiles.  "And I don't think my truck is infested with devil rats, but thanks for the offer."

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2011, 05:31:38 AM »

Sly points at a phone with one eyebrow raised, and after waiting for a nod from his technical consultant he will digitally ring it up with his certified cred-stick, handing the remaining 114 newyen over after the transaction pops open the hermetic and digital lock seal on the box.
."Okay, here; I'll even pay the piper in advance. ... Now I have a PAN set up with my current comlink, so I don't want any of my goodies registered to this one; Just a quiet and easy way to make and recieve phone calls from a number my crediters can't chase, track, or otherwise drain the life out of..."
6 X 9 = 42

Ingo Monk

• SysOp
  • Experienced Runner
  • VOODOO!
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2011, 11:32:32 AM »

Eric takes the commlink and looks it over.  The cheap construction makes him shudder a little.  "It's quite simple to remove the bloatware and other crap from the device.  Here, let me show you.."  Eric starts hacking the device, and describing some of the more simple steps to Sly.

Hacking on the Fly sounds appropriate, to me anyway.  I can roll something else if you'd like KV. Standard devices have a rating of 3 on pg 222 SR4A, +6 for admin access means extended test of 9
9d6.hits(5)=3
9d6.hits(5)=2
9d6.hits(5)=1

Glitch on the 3rd roll!!  Since it's just a peripheral device and this is an extended test I'll assume the attempt fails and I need to start over.  If you feel otherwise let me know and I'll edit this post ;)

Eric looks quite surprised.  "Woops, that didn't work."  Eric ponders for a moment, analyzing the device.  "Let try another way..."

Starting over, Hacking on the Fly
9d6.hits(5)=3
9d6.hits(5)=5
9d6.hits(5)=3

Success!

After gaining admin access Eric goes about modifying the commlink to meet Sly's needs.  After a few minutes he says "That should do it."  He then hands the device to Sly.  "Here, try it out.  There's a few other things I can do to it, but it'll take time... probably something for another day.  I'm Eric by the way..."  Eric extends his hand out with the greeting.

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2011, 02:55:20 PM »

"Sylvester. Nice to meet you Eric. Add your teclom address in there, I'll give you a call if you're in area the next time I need a technological upgrade."

Handing over a telcom card of his own, Sly will cross out the number printed on the card, and write down the number written on the back of the new phone.

pointing at the patch on his jumpsuit
"I've got the paranormal pest gig going for me, if you run into anything I can either owe ya' one, or give you a finders fee for whatever work I get. I appreciate the help."

Sylvester will begin working on his new tel-com adjusting the settings and changing the background colors.
6 X 9 = 42

kv

• Too lazy to contact Ingo for a custom title
  • Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
    • Click here to see a bigger verison of my Pic!
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2012, 11:17:28 AM »

There's something shrill and cutting about a bay's cry. Even to a drugged-out clubgoer or a hardened Shadowrunner, there's something about it that just grates at you, like a knuckle of a cyberarm dragging across an old chalkboard, or the squeal of a glasscutter doing its work.

Whatever that primal urge is, it's annoying as all fragging hell. Which is why you notice the woman with the screaming baby entering the store. She ignores the entry jingle, now done in a Niel the Ork Barbarian voice, "Get to the Shopp-ah! Get to the SHOPP-AH!"

And quickly puts her head down, almost running toward the back of the store with her screaming progeny.

Sly and Eric chat amiably where they're concluding their business transaction over the modified commlink. Sundance is nursing a cup of black Kaf, the only stuff worth being called soykaf. Kinsey is waiting impatiently for the orkish teenager behind the counter to acknowledge him, and very seriously considering just walking out of the store with his purchases, even though he knows it'll be logged as theft.

"There are three rules to surviving a gun fight.
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
   If you can do that, you can survive."
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2012, 04:01:16 PM »

Sylvester watches with mild amusement as the woman carries her screaming child to the back of the store.

”That’ll wake you up better than a cup of coffee in the morning.”
Looking down at his half-full (or half empty, if you are that sort of metahuman) cup of soy-caf, a mild look of disgust will creep in at the edges of is eyes and mouth.

”Better than a cup of whatever this is anyways… it’s suppose to be fu-fu and au-natural, but it tastes like someone once drank a real cup of coffee, then pissed on a tree, and collected it in this cup.”
Sly will dump out the remaining half cup, and try something else.

”The Black Kaf is suppose to be more coffee like isn’t it?… maybe if I put some crème and sugar in it?”
Sylvester will move back toward the coffee machine, keeping a half eye on the screaming kid… is the mother giving the kid rum? Well, I guess that’ll quiet her up. And sparing a half second to glance outside.  Normally folks running like that are the same folks that leave the motor running… not that he’d blame her in this cold… then again, it was as easy for a vehicle with keys in it to get stolen here, as back home in Seattle…

6 X 9 = 42

bull30548

• Grunt
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2012, 11:40:02 PM »

"You know miss your a good example of why half these places are becoming automated."  He places his purchases on the counter waiting for the ork.  Looking back as the woman hurries down the aisle.  Looking out to see if his bike is snowed in yet or not. "I already paid for the gas at the pump so if you could just ring this up before I get stuck at the pump I would appreciate it."

And then the screaming just helps the minor little flicker of the headache behind his eyes flare.  Closing his eyes all he can see is the auras of all the people from the club.  The three l's is all he saw tonight 'love, lust, and lewd' just oozing out of their auras like there was no tomorrow. 

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2012, 08:53:39 PM »

Up at the checkout counter, the employee, whose active PAN is logged into his social network as well as a floating Employee ID, which has the words "I am here to serve you!" floating over his smiling face for his employee ID badge. If the picture is any indication, his acne has only gotten worse since starting here. The Employee ID and the PAN have his name listed as Vern Sturgis.

Behind the counter there's a manager's office and a employee lounge where an unattractive dwarven girl sits. She's looking through a digital paper e-reader, casually flicking between pages and taking a quiz. Adjusting how she was sitting and emitting a tiny burp. "Oh, there's a hair removal creme on here you should try for your back," the tiny overweight dwarven woman says. Her PAN and employee ID list her as Veronica Belle.

Vern grunts something between 'sure' and a general noncommittal grunt. He finally notices you standing there, and says "Sorry, omae. One second, let me finish this up."

Then something odd happens. Whump.

There's a flash of light, and a ringing sound, and several of the people near the counter realize they're lying on the ground, staring up at the mangled roof tiles and broken overhead lighting. Something isn't right, something is very not right.

You've heard that the ringing in the ears is the death of that sound- that you'll never be able to hear it again. But that isn't what concerns you. You get up from a position by the counter, or from where you landed after the front of the store was swatted by the hand of God, and you notice the front door is missing. The sedan parked in the handicap spot next to the door is gone, the space nothing but a crater. The front sliders are gone, an empty hole filled with smoke in their place.

The virtual arcade, where just moments ago the remains of a misspent youth beckoned from just inside the door, there's now smoking rubble, including part of the engine from the sedan.

There are several men getting off of motorcycles, most of them wearing motorcycle leathers, metal helmets, and chains. They walk up to the front of the store calmly, surveying the wreckage. Two alike-looking brothers argue, the larger one smacking the smaller one in the mouth and walking forward, barking orders at the others.

Inside the store, the shelves for aisles one and three are shredded by debris, falling over into aisle five and partially hiding the couple who were moments ago making out on aisle seven.

The far side of shelving was spared shrapnel, but the shockwave knocks them over almost completely. Mister Ice Cream shrieks in a terrified wail, and tries to climb into the freezer, slamming the door on himself inside unsuccessfully and repeatedly.

Quote from: GM Stuff
There's been a carbomb. Don't worry, you didn't dodge it, and it didn't kill any of you. It was aimed at someone, though, and these gentlemen are here to finish the job. If you get in their way, you'll be a speedbump. They have assorted pistols and automatics, but for now, Initiatives!

For clarity, the map below includes blue rings for the people who were knocked off their feet, yellow triangles for people thrown against shelving or displays but still standing, and a gray box for the people who are currently hidden by rubble or shelving.

1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Ingo Monk

• SysOp
  • Experienced Runner
  • VOODOO!
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2012, 12:20:26 PM »

This is what I was doing starting slightly before the car bomb:
Eric chuckles at Sly's remarks of the screaming kid.  He tries his best to tune out the sound now regretting he didn't get cyber ear replacements when he had his eyes done.  How wiz would it be right now to just turn off certain sounds?

Eric looks at Sly's card, and being a bit curious starts searching about him.
Data Search 5 + Browse 6 + Codeslinger: Data Search 2 = Pool of 13
13d6.hits(5)=6
Eric stares at the card while searching.  While moving from node to node he becomes slightly desensitized to the world around him, his consciousness becoming totally focused on the Matrix.  He's snapped back to reality with a sudden pain on the side of his head, that starts emanating down to the rest of his body.  Turning off the Matrix AR interface he realizes the world has somewhat gone sideways.  A second later he realizes the world is not sideways, he is.  Something has happened, and it hurts all over.  "Oh God!" his mind screams as he tries to scramble to some kind of cover.

Forgot initiative!
Reaction 4 + Intuition 5 = Initiative 9
Combat Paralysis Negative quality reduces pool by half.
Initiative Pool is now 4 (forget if I round up or down, so I just rounded down)
Initiative test: 4d6.hits(5)=2
Initiative score = 11, 1 pass
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 11:58:26 AM by Ingo Monk »

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2012, 11:24:46 AM »

"Crap on a cracker!, I know the soycaff is bad, but you don't have to blow the place up..."

Crouching behind the counter covered with broken glass and lukewarm coffee Sylvester activates his gauntlet: the automated servos spinning to form the crossbow system.

OOC:
(Init) Reaction (9) + Intuition (3) = 12 +
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3333890/ 3, 2, 2, 6, 6, 2, 1, 4, 3, 2, 2, 6 (3 hits)
Init = 15 with 3 combat passes (move by wire 2)
6 X 9 = 42

bull30548

• Grunt
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2012, 03:43:29 PM »

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3334214/ (Init 7 Roll: 1,2,2
,3,4,4,5. One hit)
"Oh yeah, that helped my headache...."

Kinsey takes a moment to observe the outside a bit better.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3334227/
(Observe in Detail Simple action. Perc + Intuit = 5 Roll: 2,3,4,5,5. Two hits)

While doing so he rolls behind the L part of the counter to have cover.   Taking that time to pull his Predator from the shoulder holster.  The smartlink activating in his glasses all the relevant data.

"Come back to my place she said, we can keep the party going she said, silly me for not taking a drunk stripper up on her offer..."

His last thought just before the rest of the hell breaks loose.

Zone

• Our Lady of Drones
  • Runner
  • Semper Gumby: Always Flexible
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2012, 12:06:17 PM »

Initiative is 7: 5,4,2,1,4,3,6

The shock wave makes a mess and knocks Sundance into a shelf of paper cups, she keeps her feet, but her ears feel like she's been front row at a Screaming Satin Ho's concert for the last three hours.  Whatever, it ain't normal, and not normal things are usually followed up by bad drek.  Boy scout's marching song time*

*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSwjuz_-yao
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 04:48:17 PM by Zone »
As a general rule, don't solve puzzles that open portals to hell.

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2012, 08:49:26 PM »

Ruski; as Sylvester: INIT:15 (3-passes)
Ingo; as Eric: INIT:11 (1-pass) (4 passes in VR)
Zone; as Sundance: INIT:9 (1-pass)
Bull30548; as:Kinsey: INIT:8 (1-pass)
Bad Guys: Init 6 (1-pass)

Actions:
Ruski: at initiative pass 15: Self-Building crossbow (Complex/automated)/ taking cover. (Simple)
Ingo: at initiative pass 11: Taking Cover. (simple)
Zone: at initiative pass 9: Humming ‘be prepared’ to herself. (free)
Bull:  at initiative pass 8: looking outside (free), drawing Aries-Predator (simple), taking partial cover (simple).

As you stumble to your feet and reel from the blast, it's quickly apparent that this was no accident. The gaping hole in the storefront has several people in it- the is a pair of large ork gangers with chains, nanotats, and pleather- but the looks of a real ganger, not one of those weekend posers. There's something about the stench that settles into that leather that you can't fake.

There's a human guy dressed up like an amerind behind them, complete with feathers, warpaint and dreamcatchers. He might be a poser, or he could be a mage- hard to tell from here, especially with your ears ringing like they are.

On the pavement outside, there's another man lying partially facedown in the snowmelt- someone is going to have a major ice cream headache when they wake up; if they wake up.

The lead ork ganger, the one waving a troll-sized pistol and shouting at everyone seems to be asking a question, his greasy eyes sliding all over everyone and everything in sight. He seems to be looking for something.

Behind the remaining rubble of the counter, the ork kid is face-down, an impressive amount of shrapnel dotting his thick skull and making several punctures in his work uniform. He won't be going anywhere soon.

The dwarf girl who had been so annoying just a second ago, now rolls on her side in the fetal position, cradling her knees to her chest and screaming.

Sly rolls easily behind the counter of simense rigs and comms, the ones he had moments ago been choosing from. His AR pings, and the system notifies him that due to his recent purchase, he is being notified of a sale on slightly used goods. I guess the shelf took some shrapnel as well. His gauntlet unfolds into the crossbow with practiced ease, a well-cared for machine. Most people scoffed at the crossbow, thinking it somehow quaint with the era of the firearm underway, but the truth was you could pack more damage into a bolt than you could a bullet, even a good bullet. More bang for your buck.

There's a good chance the gangers didn't even see Sly move- they seem more interested in keeping footing in the sparking lights and mess as they move into the store; all except that lead ork, the ugly one. That one seems determined to find something.

AR shocked by the blast and real life upended by it, Eric rolls for the safety of the shelves, getting to one knee and ignoring the creepily clear lumps that smell meat-ish sticking to his jacket. The gangers might have seen him, or they might not have; it's difficult to say.

Sundance is barely pushed back by the blast- it catches her off-guard of course, but who would be expecting bomb blasts... sometimes you had to ask the stupid questions. Mentally humming an old anthem about being prepared for the worst and always being pleasantly surprised, Sundance simply slides behind the island for cups and straws, and tries not to slip in the Fizzy-Goo frozen dezzerttm.

The motorcycles in the parking lot have headlights pointed into the front of the building, and it makes everything cast long shadows, kind of ominous if you asked me. Makes it hard to judge these fellas impartially, but it's probably safe to assume their mothers are ashamed of them.

Kinsey is at the front of the store, even covered slightly in rubble as he becomes aware of his surroundings. The ugly one (and that's saying something, among the orks walking into the front of the store), is already shouting at him, something that only an idiot would do after subjecting a group to a loud blast that's likely to make hearing difficult. The troll-sized gun doesn't need ears to get its message across, though. It's saying, "Arigato, Omae- we're bad people, here to try and take away your nice things."

There's a muted bark when Kinsey rolls behind the counter with his predator, taking half a second to blink a few times, and make sure his fancy smartlink contacts were in the right place and recieving transmission. He was facing the wrong direction, and these people knew where he was, but at least he had a gun.

Quote from: DM Stuff
Okay, so here we go.

Enjoy the mood music, I've been playing the new Syndicate, and it's awesome.

I posted your actions, and flavor where appropriate. The gangers haven't opened fire, but they aren't exactly being friendly. I made them orks, because... well, the booklet doesn't say, and I like including more metahumans, particularly poor ones.

Anytime anyone fires, I'll include a little 'flavor' from the Food Fight Table on page 18 of the Shadowrun Quickstart rules. I've linked to it before. There's all sorts of goop, from the explosion and from errant ricochets, and I'll be including them and covering you with them as I feel the need. Ingo is already the first victim. :D

Gangers moved into the store and shouted orders to a deaf crowd. Feel free to continue, and we'll keep combat moving along at a turtles pace- compared to a snail, we'll be flying along!

Oh, and red dots mean you're crouched. There's not a good designator for that in this version, so that's what we're going with for now.

'Greyed out' means you're hidden or have good cover from the gangers.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 11:25:09 AM by Kid_Vid »
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Ingo Monk

• SysOp
  • Experienced Runner
  • VOODOO!
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2012, 10:32:02 AM »

"OHGAWD OHGAWD OHGAWD" Eric's mind screams as he panics, his body not knowing how to handle the sudden surge of adrenaline.  Noticing the big mean monstrosities at the entrance, "Fight or Flight" becomes pure "Flight" as he scrambles to try to get through the doors to the stock room.

Hopefully I'll be able to find a hiding place!  Let's see if they have any cyber or other wireless enabled devices.  Always wanted to try combat hacking since 4th came out!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7095 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 19 queries.