Shadowrun RPG Play-By-Post Games > Welcome to Denver PBP

Scenario 2 - Foxtrot - Romeo - Alpha - Golf

(1/18) > >>

kv:
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas Alva EdisonMusica

There’s nothing so jarring as getting a call from a number that you don’t recognize. The stream of numerics could be anyone- a bill collector, a friend with a new burner, an enemy looking to pin you down.

You stare at the screen, and the odd hopping antelope, for a moment before asking. There’s a woman’s voice, and her image, a young black woman with piercings. She’s young- couldn’t be more than eighteen, with a good guess that she’s younger.

“Ag man, oi, bokkie, my name is Rastire, but my mates call me Springbok.” She pauses for a moment, watching you, as though that should be significant.

“Aweh, I heard you was a bergie who could use work, and I’m looking for protection for a few nights until I can push on ta’ Seattle.”

Seems that despite her youth and relatively odd accent, this is a business call. Well, not every young girl that calls can be trying to put herself through geisha school.

"If you at all interested, meet me 'ere. Befok? Aweh, and sooner would be betta' than later."

--- Quote from: DM Stuff ---Okay, go ahead and post where you would be at 9pm in a friday. Feel free to make up whatever details you like, but I need to know where you are, and what arms/armor you're currently wearing. Default is your place, and default location is UCAS sector near the Aurora Warrens.

The location is a McHughs right near the border between the CAS sector and the PCC. Border crossings should be pretty open this time of night, it won't take long to get there.
--- End quote ---

EDIT: Fixed music link URL - Ingo

bull30548:
"Goddamit Doc what have you gotten me into now?", his thought as he hung up the comm call.  Leaving his apartment stoop heading to his bike.  Putting the cigar back in his jacket as he was about to light.  Fixing his helmet on his head as he selects to call one of his saved numbers. 
"Hey, Joe not going to be in next couple of days tell Mark I am sorry and let Jodi know if you don't mind."
Hanging up the commlink and moving off to McHughs.

--- Quote ---Kinsey was at home in CAS on his way to some freelance bouncer work.
--- End quote ---

Ruski:
Sylvester finished switching his van from Fuel-Cell, into its ‘full electric’ standby mode. The heater didn’t work quite as well, and it would take forever for his electronics to recharge, but seeing as how his grid-guide account number contained letters from an unknown alphabet, and something that he could only describe as a character that looked like a cave-painting of a man hunting a buffalo with a spear, he couldn’t really complain.  Not when the fuel prices at a mile up were more than his budget could handle.  A hacked free grid-guide power hookup would keep him alive, if not comfortable, and with his current budget constraints, free and alive were about all he could manage.
His underpass of choice was located in the warrens beneath an unused PPC interchange.  Well, mostly unused.  The occasional smuggler or land train seemed to make its way through; but his single van with a low heat signature that wasn’t moving seemed to provide too little entertainment for the local law to chase and pay attention to.
Sylvester checked his watch. It was 2100 hours local time. Almost time to rub some more super-glue and disinfectants into the cuts on his arm. Devil rats were always more trouble than they were worth. And no health care meant that in addition to sewing up his own uniform, he had to treat his own wounds as well.
As his phone rings Sylvester takes a slow deep breath in an attempt to remove the overtures of fatigue from his voice before answering.
”Sly’s Devils, Paranormal Critter Relocation and Extermination,  Sylvester speaking, How may I help you?”
he listens to the woman give her brief explination.
”Okay Ms. Rastire, an ASAP meeting at a local McHughs. I can be there in 15-20, is that acceptable? Just let me clarify that this is more along the lines of bodyguard work and less ‘Pixy relocation’ or the like? No, No; it’s fine. I do both. I just want to be prepared for what I’m getting into is all. Yes, Of course. I’ll be right there madam.”

Hanging up the phone Sylvester looks at his arm. It probably wasn’t infected anyways. Skipping the second round of disinfectants to go straight to super-gluing the cuts shut would save a bit of time. He did have an extra clean uniform ready to go; and he could patch the torn suit later. Hopefully the McHughs had some sort of coffee to go with their world renound security system. Didn’t they brag about their neuro-stun setup and on-site physical security? He was definitely going to need to go in with his gas-mask.

Sylvester looked over to his laser rifle charging in its rack.
Protective work. He was going to need more than a gas mask to do that.

Sylvester started the process to switch off-of the grid-guide and back over to the fuel cell. Driving on grid-guide in this area wasn’t going to get him anywhere.

Pulling on a new suit over the freshly glued wound hurt a little, but the movement seemed to get his blood flowing and some of the day’s fatigue faded away.
He needed a story. Pest elimination? Bribery? He didn’t have much in the way of liquid assets. There was that bottle of roach-killer he had in the back for the odd client who wanted their wendigos and termites dealt with in one fell swoop. 
Well: go big, or go home. Full Regalia! Body armor, helmet, gas-mask, laser rifle, … he would even take the stupid sword. A bottle of roach killer under one arm, and a hard copy workorder in the other. If he couldn’t BS his way in the back door and around the chemical/weapon scanners, he would have to work out something else. But for what it was worth, he did have a McHughs contract back in Seattle; the jargon would be similar enough to work here… he hoped…

kv:
Your commlink buzzes a second time- it's a file transfer, a quick one, but it's a low-level McHughs employee-linked SIN.

The name is an obvious fake, the hometown nonexistent, and the biometrics are nothing like you, aside from basic metatype information. The connected picture looks like it was taken from a commcall- which it probably was; in fact, the call you just had.

...this fake SIN may not hold up to intense scrutiny.

But it will get you in the front door with whatever weapons you want to carry, and it looks like even your food is comped.

bull30548:
"Oh good lord this is ridiculous but okay you bunch of nuts we will try it your way."  Kinsey pulls over and looks at this horrible thing.  Getting off his bike he pulls the backup commlink from his seat compartment.  If he going to get busted he would like to keep his best ID and permits hidden.  Most of the border patrols just search the person not the vehicle.  Uploading this piece of drek identity on the backup commlink and his normal commlink in the compartment.  "I so need another commlink for hopping through checkpoints."   Making sure his original commlink is actually off and not broadcasting.  Securing the compartment he climbs back onto the bike.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version