Shadowrun Pub

• March 29, 2024, 07:11:56 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scenario 2 - Foxtrot - Romeo - Alpha - Golf  (Read 21463 times)

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Prime Runner
  • Only the Dead have seen the end of War...
Re: Scenario 2 - Foxtrot - Romeo - Alpha - Golf
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2012, 06:15:57 PM »

Sylvester ducks as the grenades roll into the room. No reason to catch shrapnel in the face if you can avoid it.
No one writes jokes in Base-13
6 X 9 = 42

Bullet Sponge

• Fish
« Reply #76 on: September 21, 2012, 02:25:53 PM »

OOC:  Before KV gets around to his eventual post, since I originally misunderstood the physical location of the Red Sams I'm going to make a minor change to my actions for this pass. Since I'm not shooting out the hole into the dark alley I don't need the low-light vision, so....

Free Action: ready the flare comp and sound dampeners
Delayed 'til a Red Sam sticks his head in - Simple: Aim (same as before)
Delayed 'til after the aiming is done - Simple: Fire (same as before)

kv

• Too lazy to contact Ingo for a custom title
  • Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
    • Click here to see a bigger verison of my Pic!
« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2012, 11:32:15 PM »

Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure.
The fearful are caught as often as the bold.
 - Helen Keller

Muzack
Previous Map

Quote from: GM Stuff
Round 3.2
Scarlet: 16 @ 3 passes – Lay down more cover fire
Sly: 15 @ 3 passes – Take Cover
Dubois: 15 @ 3 passes (VR) – Continue hacking for account on Renracu APC node
Red Samurai: 12 @ 3 passses - Enter
Galbraith: 15 @ 3 passes – Delayed until someone stuck their head in; Fire, (Aim = Thermographic vision)
Kinsey: 12 @ 3 passes  - Look for Target, Magickzor someone's face off (previous round take cover)

Scarlet
Posted up by the Ladies' room door, Scarlet continues spraying the area around the breach point with lead, hoping that anyone who's dumb enough to show their faces will be unlucky enough to get a bullet in it.

As a result, she's more or less staring directly at the holes as the grenades come through, although she's too distracted to take cover or call out that she sees them- or maybe she just has that much of a mad-dog on for Renracu- you've heard of runners like this, that have a hate on for one of the Big Ten in particular. Hell, Johnny Snow on the Trid has it out for Wuxing, and is making a good living doing it.

Quote from: Scarlet
Scarlet lays down cover fire (Suppresive Fire, SR4A pg 154)
17d6 per Yogi's previous post, minus some modifiers: http://www.jackpoint.net/sheets/ranged.modifiers.html
Attacker Running (-2), Target has good cover (-4), Attacker firing from cover (-1), Attacker Firing in near darkness with thermographic vision (-2) = 17-9 dice = 8 dice
8d6.hits(5) → [5,5,3,5,4,1,1,2] = (3)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3719324/

Sly
Sly drops behind the food prep counter, his back to the only solid bit of cover in this who rat-trap, and his rifle clutched to his chest. He can see Kinsey and Roger looking at him in surprise, although Kinsey seems smart enough to follow suit and drop behind the cover... maybe he had already been moving in that direction, it's hard to tell.

Either way, behind cover is the place to be when the grenades go off- Roger seems to be slowly looking in your direction- even his blinking seems slow. Probably not great news for Roger. Roger seems to get the idea- he's even dropping to one knee, taser in hand, when the grenade goes off.

Dubois
  Eric notes in the back of his brain that this Renracu node has the newest itenerary for hack blocking- and that means it's probably legitimately owned by Renracu- a small comfort, at a time like this, but if knowledge is power, you just found a cheat code. Seeing as how Renracu is trying to squash the signal coming out of here, and piping out red-hot BTL ads at anyone without a spam filter enabled, they probably want as little about this leaked as possible, and would work hard to avoid any embarassment. That's good information to have.

Also good information: if there's a Baby Swarm in here, that means two things. First, it means that the node is alerted to your presence, and if it has a secure spider, he or she is probably coming for you. Second, a baby swarm means you'd better be ready for some code-slicing cybercombat, because Baby Swarms are meant to shut down crurious attendees of the tea party, with big area attacks and some of the more dangerous ones have specialized programs that bybass code armor.

Speaking of which, you should probably have a plan to defend yourself.

Red Samurai
The grenades have time to hit the ground once, ping off the linoleum, and then explode. The one in the center of the room is a high-powered flashbang, shredding the retinas and eardrums of everyone looking and listening in that direction. Not unlike a clap of thunder inside this tiny room, it has everyone reeling from the effects.

Before most of you can even react- as Galbraith is blinking away the after-image, more as a reflex than anything his high-grade cyberwear would let through- the second grenade explodes, filling the breach hole and the area around it with smoke. Immediately, there is the rush of booted feet through the hole, and shouting in japanese, but with the thick smoke it's almost impossible to see anything- even Scarlet's cover fire seems ineffective, since basically she's firing blind into a smoke cloud with nothing worth aiming at.

Quote from: Dirty GM tricks
I know, I know. Sorry for the delay.
Forward grenade is a flash-bang, that does 6S to anyone within 10 meters of it (shown on your handy-dandy secondary map at the end of this post). Don't worry, I'll roll resistance, and if you want to use edge, feel free to re-roll in your next post. For fairness, while the flash-bang has 3 points of armor-piercing, I am giving you each a bonus due to cyberwear eyes and ears, up to the rating of the 'ware (which can be up to a +6 total).

Civilians First:
4d6.hits(5) → [2,1,1,5] = (1) - Five boxes of damage
4d6.hits(5) → [1,4,1,2] = (0) - Six boxes of damage, knockdown
4d6.hits(5) → [3,1,1,2] = (0) - Six boxes of damage, knockdown
4d6.hits(5) → [5,3,4,6] = (2) - Four boxes of damage
Slut - 8d6.hits(5) → [4,4,3,6,2,1,5,3] = (2) - Four boxes of damage
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3719420/

Security Guards:
5d6.hits(5) → [3,6,6,3,5] = (3) - Three boxes of damage
5d6.hits(5) → [2,5,2,6,2] = (2) - Four boxes of damage
5d6.hits(5) → [4,1,3,2,5] = (1) - Five boxes of damage
5d6.hits(5) → [4,4,3,6,1] = (1) - Five boxes of damage
Roger - 9d6.hits(5) → [6,2,2,1,4,6,5,5,2] = (4) - Two boxes of damage
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3719423/

Scarlet (unfortunately, cannot use glasses and contacts at the same time)
Bod (4) + Impact Armor (5) + Earbud (Rating 3) + Cover (2) - Armor Piercing (-3)
11d6.hits(5) → [1,1,3,2,4,6,5,2,5,1,6] = (4) - two boxes of Stun damage
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3719429/

Sly
Bod (4) + Impact Armor (8) + Cover (2) - Armor Piercing (-3)
11d6.hits(5) → [3,2,4,4,3,3,5,5,1,3,1] = (2) - Four boxes of Stun damage
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3719438/

Galbraith
Bod (6) + Impact Armor (10) + Cyberear (Rating 1) + Cybereye (Rating 4) - Armor Piercing (-3)
18d6.hits(5) → [3,3,3,2,2,2,5,5,6,2,2,6,1,3,6,6,4,3] = (6) - Zero boxes of damage
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3719443/

Dubois - out of range, fortunately for him)

Kinsey
Bod (3) + Impact Armor (2) + Earbuds (Rating 3) - Armor Piercing (-3)
5d6.hits(5) → [2,5,3,2,1] = (1) -  - Five boxes of damage
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3719450/
(Bull, I would really recommend using a point of Edge, if you haven't already, to re-roll that)

Galbraith
Sliding the butt of your Walther MA-2100 up to your shoulder feels familiar-feels good. You pause and wait for the first person through the opening- hoping that your position and the superior firepower will be enough to turn the tide in your favor, even against the legendary Red Samurai. There's even a rumor floating around that these guys have a funeral when they go into the program- say goodbye to friends and family, and believe that the only way out of the system is death; specifically, heroic death in combat, like those old samurai on the trideo. Crazy stuff.

It's amazing, some of the things you think of when you're pausing between heartbeats and the enemy is running at you. Bloody amazing.

The grenade nearest you explodes in a cloud of smoke, and you let out a breath you didn't realize you were holding before that thing that keeps you alive kicks in and reminds you that not all smoke is harmless. Holding your breath as best you can, you drop your eyes into thermographic vision, and curse to yourself when the heat tracers in the smoke block that as well. It seems like these soldiers came prepared.
Galbraith - Perception to 'see' Red Samurai
Perception (4) + Intuition (5) + Cyberears (Enhanced Audio, Rating 3)
12d6.hits(5) → [6,3,5,3,5,6,6,1,3,1,6,3] = (6)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3719460/

...okay, I guess that's enough to locate the Red Samurai closest to you at point-blank range, although I believe this will go badly for you. Anyway, here are the tables I'm referring to, both for visibility and just for generic combat modifiers in general.
Galbraith: Delayed Action - Fire
Agility (7) + Longarms (4) + Smartlink (2) - 8 (Thermographic Vision in Thermal Smoke) - 2 (Target Running)
3d6.hits(5) → [3,6,1] = (1)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3719463/

Red Samurai - Defense
Red Samurai : Reaction (6) - Armor Penalty (-1) - Defaulting (-1) = 4 + Professional Pool = 9
9d6.hits(5) → [4,5,6,3,1,2,6,4,4] = (3)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3719465/

It could have been eddying in the smoke, but you swore you fired right at the center of the person in front of you. Through the choking hot smoke, and probably a respirator, you hear a harsh japanese voice grumble something unpleasant: "あなたの雌犬の息子!私はそのことであなたを殺す!"

Kinsey
There's a lot going on in your head as you watch the opening for a sign of someone worth slinging mana at. There's the panic that makes your knees quiver, makes your mouth go dry and makes that angry voice in the back of your head yell at you for staying put. Oddly enough, it sounds like Doc's voice.

The voice telling you to get out, run, get away from the danger, it pushes your hammering heartbeat up into your throat, and makes your palms wet while reminding you that you definitely need to take a leak sometime in the immediate future. Heartbeat hammering in your ears, you slide behind the cover, taking advantage of the solid counters that dispense the so-called 'food' in this place, and wait for the grenades to go off- after they blow, there will probably still be plenty for you to do.

After the grenades pop, you have a hard time hearing through your ears- everything sounds muffled and far away, and you're having a hard time balancing.

"There are three rules to surviving a gun fight.
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
   If you can do that, you can survive."
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

bull30548

• Grunt
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2012, 08:35:19 AM »

OOC: Reroll edge please.  I will post a response when I find out what happens with that.

DM Edit:
Kinsey
Bod (3) + Impact Armor (2) + Earbuds (Rating 3) + Cover (2) - Armor Piercing (-3)
7d6.hits(5) → [6,4,6,2,2,4,3] = (2)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3720672/

Using Edge to re-roll failures...
5d6.hits(5) → [1,1,1,4,6] = (1)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3720673/

Which makes a total of three successes, which in turn means soaked damage down to 3 stun.

...still ouch, but not as much...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 05:35:57 PM by Kid_Vid »

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #79 on: October 04, 2012, 11:08:58 AM »

Sly
11d6.hits(5) → [3,2,4,4,3,3,5,5,1,3,1] = (2)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3719438/

Use EDGE to re-roll failures:
9d6.hits(5) → [4,3,5,3,1,3,3,5,1] = (2) - four net successes, two stun damage.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3721329/
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 10:58:15 PM by Kid_Vid »
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #80 on: October 05, 2012, 09:14:17 AM »

The concussive blast was audible on a very painful level.
Even with his eyes screwed tight it felt like both his eardrums were ruptured.
Shaking his head to momentarily loose the cobwebs and dizziness that enveloped his brain he took stock of his situation.
How many badguys? Unknown. How many typically run in an op? It’s 4 in the movies. Hacker, Gun bunny, Face, and ninja. That’s no good. How many are here? Him, Scarlet, Dubois, Galbraith, Kinsey… That’s probably a more realistic representation of how many bodies are enough to form a team in Denver. So 5; let’s say 6, so you aren’t surprised if there’s more.
Advantage: Us, entrenched forces. It’s a crap spot to be entrenched. But the little available cover is available only to us.
Then again, they knew what wall to breech. So: they probably had layouts and hours to plan this op. well: how long did I have? Couple of hours anyways. They made their own door negating our position of advantage in seating, on top of bypassing the entrenched security.

Sylvester looked over at Roger.
He looked like he still had some fight in his eyes.
Well, partially bypassing the entrenched security anyways.
Okay, so they got good tactics. Cutting off communications and shock and awe on the entrenched party is a good call. Smoke: … DREK! Well, that was bad for his laser rifle. Although… no HE grenades… they must want someone alive… probably not him, but someone. The Johnston? Grab her under cover of smoke and dump buckets of HE grenades into the hole? Or whatever their equivalent of ‘massive death’ would be.

Double Drek.
It was a good plan. Okay: assuming that’s their plan, be it buckets of grenades or a small nuke, they still need something from here first. And then they’ll just drive away in their tank.
Ding! The tank. With a wide open door.
A tank that they expected to be behind them on the safe side of the universe. After all: the runners or principle would have to go through all five of them to get to it, unless they ran out the front door… which would be covered. Probably by another drone… creating a fatal funnel for us to charge through, sans smoke grenade cover.
Okay: new plan.  Death from above and beyond. Get to the roof, jump onto and into the tank and take out their escape route.
A single man attacking the tank… well: they probably wouldn’t be expecting it.
That alone would probably make it worth the price of admission.
Okay, how to explain this to his co-workers.

He looked at Kinsey: uh-oh. That was not the look of supreme confidence. Roger the security guard armed with a rubber gun looked more confident.
Talking was out. His bleeding eardrums probably matched everyone in the room.
Simple is probably best.
Sylvester drops his gun; letting the tactical harness half slide it to his back.
Turning to quickly write something on the grease and smoke stained wall he puts four letters into the grease:
T. A. N. K.
Block capitols. Hopefully they can figure it out.
Roger sprints for the roof access room, bouncing open the door and remembering to duck under the low ductwork just inside. Jumping up to start the ladder climb he pushes open the door and climbs out onto the roof.

Tank is that way. Going to have to be a blind jump. The smoke will blind them as much as you: and looking would probably just convince me not to do it anyways.
Tuck and roll… if the tank is close enough it won’t be a bad fall at all.
If it’s further away: well, mostly he just needed to clear the red samurai still on their side of the wall. So it would still work: just hurt a bit more. Either way: a bad plan in action was better than anything in non-action.
6 X 9 = 42

Ingo Monk

• SysOp
  • Experienced Runner
  • VOODOO!
« Reply #81 on: October 08, 2012, 05:42:15 PM »

Quote from: OOC
Continuing Hack on the fly + Extended test vs. target's firewall
Hacking 5 + Exploit 4 = 9
9d6.hits(5) → [4,1,5,2,1,3,4,2,5] = (2)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3726668/

Brings my total up to 7 (1+1+3+2).  Oh heck I'm just going to reroll failures with Edge.

Edge to reroll failures, pool of 7
7d6.hits(5) → [1,1,4,2,4,1,4] = (0)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3726679/

Aaaand nothing.  What a waste :P
I don't think I have very good luck with Invisible Castle.

KV: I have Armor and Attack already running as my "standard suite" of apps, so I should be ready for an attack.

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2012, 08:44:26 AM »

Quote from: Rolls
8d6.hits(5)=4

8d6.hits(5) → [6,5,1,3,3,5,3,6] = (4)
OOC: Finally, Invisible Castle shows one of us some love...

Sylvester goes to push down the handle while simultaneously pushing open the door with his shoulder, trusting the dongle in his pocket to auto-unlock the door... maybe trusting anything is a bad idea, or maybe nothing is destined to go right tonight... either way: the power-outage keeps the door handle fixed firmly in place.
Newton said it best:
"An object that is in motion will not change its velocity unless an unbalanced force acts upon it"
Sprinting and hoping the door would open with a simple handle turn, and having the door remain closed doesn't stop 90kg traveling at 6 meters per second from traveling forward.
it does make a spectacular mess.
The door is knocked off it's hinges, negating the need to 'duck' on the other side to avoid that low hanging air duct.
Sylvester slides to the foot of the ladder on his 'secure door (tm) toboggan' a little shaken, but not much delayed. 
*Okay Chummer, up and over...*
6 X 9 = 42

bull30548

• Grunt
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2012, 10:11:13 PM »

Kinsey sticks his head up and activates his mage sight (free action).  Reciting the whisper and pointing a finger in the area between him and the Reds.  He actually concentrates as far forward of them so he doesn't hit the team.

OOC:
Magic + Spellcasting - Damage= 10 dice
(4,4,2,4,4,4,5.3,1,5) = 2 successes (Force 8 Manaball)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3728698/
Drain;
Willpower + Logic = 7 dice
(4,1,2,1,1,4,3,6,3): 0 successes Critical Glitch
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 10:14:01 PM by bull30548 »

Bullet Sponge

• Fish
« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2012, 09:34:58 AM »

Thermal smoke!?!? Drek!!! These guys are good. Wonder if they're hirin'? Even I can't do much in this muck. Let's see if they're here for the girl or something else....

Simple Action: Move-back up out of the smoke and around that table
(OOC either 1 or 2 simples. However many it takes. If it's only 1 then...)
Simple Action: Hold fire for a Red target to become visible and fire

Long arms 4 + Agility 7 + Smartlink 2 = 13 (if I need to reroll due to partial smoke or something let me know)
13d6.hits(5) → [1,6,3,4,5,3,5,3,3,6,6,2,1] = (5)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3732258/
Sniper Rifle (DV7;AP-3) + 5 hits - dodge

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2012, 10:31:45 PM »

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story."
- Orson Welles
Peter Gabriel - My Body Is A Cage

Tiny vessels break in Kinsey's brain as he struggles to pull the mana out of the astral plane and inflict damage on the Red Samurai bastards who had shot at them- shot at him, killed some of these people. He can't see anything but blind rage, tearing at the astral plane to make enough energy for a dragon to sit up and take notice.

Kinsey Nukes everyone.
Red Samurai:
4d6.hits(5) → [6,2,3,6] = (2)
4d6.hits(5) → [3,6,1,3] = (1)
4d6.hits(5) → [5,4,5,6] = (3)
4d6.hits(5) → [6,3,3,3] = (1)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3769987/
Two live without a scratch, two eat 9 boxes of physical damage.

Civilians:
3d6.hits(5) → [4,6,2] = (1)
3d6.hits(5) → [5,4,4] = (1)
3d6.hits(5) → [4,1,2] = (0)
3d6.hits(5) → [2,1,4] = (0)
3d6.hits(5) → [2,6,3] = (1)
3d6.hits(5) → [2,6,1] = (1)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3769996/
Two civilians die- the rest have 9 boxes of physical damage, and a huge hospital bill ahead of them.

Guards:
3d6.hits(5) → [3,5,4] = (1)
3d6.hits(5) → [1,5,5] = (2)
3d6.hits(5) → [5,1,6] = (2)
3d6.hits(5) → [6,6,6] = (3)
3d6.hits(5) → [6,3,3] = (1)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3769999/
Wow, three guards lived! I was not expecting that. For funsies, I'll have one of them be Roger.

Kinsey:
First, let's figure out how much damage Kinsey took from the spell. Earlier, when the guard flubbed the soak roll, we just added +2 to the DV of the damage, which was quite a big hit. The SR4A manual recommends a bleeding wound, but a bleeding brain wound? I'm not that mean.
Drain for Manaball
(SR4a, pg 204)
(Force ( 8) / 2) + 2 (+2 for critical glitch) = 8 physical damage, none resisted.

On top of that, Kinsey centered the blast between himself and the Red Samurai, with a blast that's almost exactly the same as the flashbang the Red Samurai dropped. So he gets hit, too, in addition to the damage he took from casting the spell. And he doesn't get the spell pool dice that he allocated for everyone else.

Resist Manaball 8, 2 successes:
Kinsey
4d6.hits(5) → [4,3,3,3] = (0)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3770004/
Ouch, a bad time for a failure. Kinsey is dead, at least for this test scenario.

Galbraith:
4d6.hits(5) → [3,5,5,1] = (2)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3770005/
Ooh, walks away without a scratch. I don't know who you bribed at Invisible Castle, but it was well worth the money you paid. I even forgot to include Kinsey's spell resistance pool dice.

Scarlet:  3d6.hits(5) → [2,1,2] = (0)
Ouch, critical fumble. Let's add Kinsey's spell defense in...
3d6.hits(5) → [4,5,3] = (1)
Scarlet eats 9 boxes of damage. Ouch, that can't feel good- and she's bleeding out her spleen.

Actions resolved; post actions for the following round.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 09:45:26 PM by Kid_Vid »
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Bullet Sponge

• Fish
« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2012, 07:01:30 PM »

OOC: I apologize. I need to do better about verifying the rules before I post my actions. The walking movement didn't take an action, so:

1st Simple Action:
Hold for target, then fire controlled pair. (See previous for 1st round & below for 2nd round.)

2nd Simple Action:
Long arms 4 + Agility 7 + Smartlink 2 - Recoil 1 + Recoil Comp 1 = 13
13d6.hits(5) → [6,3,6,5,2,5,2,5,1,2,4,1,4] = (5)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3784822/
Sniper Rifle (DV7;AP-3;RC 1) + 5 hits - dodge

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #87 on: January 01, 2013, 09:44:54 PM »

"Courage is resistance to fear,
mastery of fear, not absence of fear."
- Mark Twain

Muse - Madness
Half of the people in the restaurant are dead, almost everyone wearing injuries sustained in the last thirty seconds. Not exactly how you would have hoped that things would go at this point.

One of the Red Samurai charges after Galbraith with blood in his eye, and the man waiting with the sniper rifle is ready for him. At short range, there are penalties for using a scope to spot your target, but Galbraith aims for center mass and fires off a controlled pair.

The Red Samurai goes down, a basketball-sized hole showing in his back when his facemask hits the ground.

Another Red Samurai exits the smoke cloud, spraying down the entrance of the Ladies' room where Scarlet had been in cover while laying down fire over the entrance. Her rounds stopped after that mojo-nuke, and it seems the Red Samurai wants to make sure she's dead.

Oddly, he stops to ID her body before returning to the smoke.

Sly hits the ladder at a run, thankful for his helmet protecting his precious brain as he came through the low room decorated with pipes and ducting. The rungs aren't meant to be climbed with condiments decorating your gloves, but a height advantage is worth a little precarious climbing.

New Map:

Go ahead and post new actions!
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2013, 11:14:40 AM »

Updated Map:
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #89 on: February 05, 2013, 07:34:03 PM »

...segue into story mode...
"Courage is resistance to fear,
mastery of fear, not absence of fear."
- Mark Twain

Muse - Madness
As the red samurai sprays lead into the ladies' room where Scarlet was making her hiding place, Galbraith raises the rifle to his shoulder and fires off two quick rounds- what's known as a controlled pair; the both hit the red-armored figure in the back, near the spine. Either would be enough to kill the Renraku hitman, but two just to be sure. The form crumples without even looking around.

There's a spray of gunfire, and one of the red samurai pauses to remove the fearsome facemask of their stylized helmets, shouting in Japanese "祖先は、アーチャーあなたをいまいましい!あなたのお尻を下車し、フェイルセーフをトリガしない場合は、博文と清隆は爆発している!"

It's not immediately clear who he's talking to, but he sounds pissed.

Within the slowly roiling smoke cloud, a female voice sounds, raspy through the smoke. She shouts "祖先は、アーチャーあなたをいまいましい!あなたのお尻を下車し、フェイルセーフをトリガしない場合は、博文と清隆は爆発している!" with a note of triumph in her voice, and they slowly begin to withdraw- it feels like the retreat takes an eternity.

Half of the people in the restaurant are dead, almost everyone wearing injuries sustained in the last thirty seconds. Not exactly how you would have hoped that things would go at this point.

Sly hits the ladder at a run, thankful for his helmet protecting his precious brain as he came through the low room decorated with pipes and ducting. The rungs aren't meant to be climbed with condiments decorating your gloves, but a height advantage is worth a little precarious climbing. Taking the rungs at a run, pushing off and grabbing the one in front of you while momentum is on your side- well, it isn't the safest way to ascend, but it is quick. You're two steps closer to the edge of the roof before you even feel out of breath, and sliding the tactical laser off of its ring, you grind the butt of the stock against your shoulder, knowing that there's no kick for this weapon, but you don't want to waste battery life with a miss.

Eric slices through the code of the node (amusing himself by rhyming words), dispatching the baby swarm and firing black hammer at the enemy hacker. The stylized obsidian hammer (standard icons are so bourgeois) flies through the air, smacking the hacker between the eyes and causing him to log off. There's something- strangely empty about the victory. I mean, you won, but where's the sense of pride, accomplishment, or bragging rights?

Eric begins hacking the node, tearing out chunks of code and replacing them with haiku-style snippets written on the fly. There is some satisfaction in this; before too long, Eric has superuser access, and directs the turret to disarm and shut off- ending one threat. Dubois also cuts the subscription to the secondary drone- the one watching for anyone trying to run out of the front door in a panic; that would have racked up quite a few cleanup kills in a few moments when the panicked crowd from inside made a break for 'safety.' The drone just sitting there will be hacked by some rigger who needs a new pet- or, since Eric is thinking about it, he sends the drone off to get scrubbed by a dwarf in the area who de-bugs acquisitions and re-purposes them for a little extra cred. Always good to make sure your friends were happy, better to keep them paid.

Sly hits the edge of the roof, watching the red samurai drag a bloody mess into their APC. One of the red samurai is rolling around on the ground, holding his face and screaming, where some poor bastard cut through his armor like soy-cheese with a laser; could have been anyone. The two red samurai exiting look pissed, and both have their face-plates removed. A very pissed-looking Japanese human walks over to the downed red samurai, putting two in the chest; and then spits on the corpse. Apparently they were not good friends. The man continues watching the squirming thrashes growing slower, and the Japanese human woman dragging a bloody sack of something into the APC says something to the man, but it's lost in the wind on top of the roof.

Carefully picking an opportunity target isn't difficult. The woman is carrying something of value, and... then Sly realizes that not only has the man seen him, but that the man is grabbing for the sling that holds his assault rifle- one of those nice ones with the vehicle-piercing ammunition. Sly suddenly feels very naked in just his armored jumper, and changes targets, cutting down the threat and letting the woman go.

The woman is shouting something inside the APC. The doors stutter closed, and the vehicle begins to evacuate, leaving the fallen teammates behind. Sly takes cover behind the buttress at the edge of the building, meant to keep prying eyes from looking at the HVAC unit, the matrix broadcast antenna, or anything else important up here... like fifty rat traps containing dead rats. He's expecting that big turret to swivel, aim at him, and make him a smear in the next world, but the turret is strangely silent, even pointing toward the ground and bouncing with the terrain. It's a little unsettling, but you don't look a gift horse like that in the mouth, so Sly holds his fire as the Renraku goons retreat.

Kinsey stands up, blood leaking from his eyes and ears.
"Holy drek, omae," Roger says in a voice of awe, "I thought you were totally dead."

Kinsey laughs, a hollow sound. "Do you know what a shedim is?"

Inside the burger joint, the chaos of war has turned into the pandemonium and chaos of surviving such an incident. Roger and the other security guards try and keep calm, but they're a twig trying to hold back an avalanche; the slutty girl is already hooking up with the 20-something elf that 'totally saved her life,' according to the Pito update she just posted. Most everyone else is dragging themselves toward the door, if not running. Security is trying to keep people calm, but there's not really a way to do that other than to shut everyone in, and with the power generator out, there's no way to even do that.

Thirty seconds after the Red Samurai pull out, Roger and the others are kicking the corpses of the attackers, trying to figure out what to do with them. Galbraith makes his way to the ladies room to check on Scarlet, confirming what he already knew- the hot elf chick had gotten ventilated. Dubois slips out the crater at the back, having a new drone meet him at the car. He forwards his contact info to all the runners- they proved competent, and he'll need help in the future if he's going to build a shadow reputation.

They're both out of range of the explosion as the red samurai armor detonates- splattering the security guards and manager standing over them, and destroying any cyber, armor, or weapons they were carrying. There are three craters inside, one outside, and a suspicious trail of blood moving toward a sewer grate... but that's a problem for another time. Right now there's the matter of a bunch of red samurai attacking a place where you were meeting with a potential employer, them all getting ganked, and leaving you holding the bag.

You exit, stage left, cleaning up your mess on your way out.

Quote from: 'Channel 114 News- Your local Denver hot stories!'
"Tonight, the reports are flooding in of a terrorist attack in Edgewater, where local residents are describing chaos at a local eatery. Due to our stations' corporate afiliation, we cannot reveal the location, but we'll be bringing you eyewitness reports at the top of every hour;"

"Oh my gawdess, and then this hot elf totally throws himself in between me and the terrorists, saving my life! So of course I gave it up for him, like immediately, and I have to say, I've found something better than breakup sex!"

"We ask that any individuals with information about the following persons please report to the free help line; (303) 534-6567-4259; rewards are available for every tip, extra money for tips leading to the apprehension of these dangerous persons."

"Renraku has stepped in and donated millions to rebuilding this area, upgrading security coverage like cameras and drone patrols, new sewer works, and an additional stipend to the Zone Defense force to establish a communication array that will help them deal with crises like this in the future."

"The prototype test at Renraku was pushed back by a further two months, in sensitivity to the terrorist incident in Edgewater. Reports that the prototype information had been stolen have proved to be the basest lies, spread by competitors to weaked Renraku's strong market position."

"And then, like this guy with a laser gun was shooting at the car, all 'fwoosh fwoosh!' It was pretty frakking awesome."
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7098 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 22 queries.