Shadowrun Pub

• March 28, 2024, 07:28:59 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Retro-Adventure-Games.  (Read 1483 times)

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Prime Runner
  • Only the Dead have seen the end of War...
Retro-Adventure-Games.
« on: June 11, 2012, 03:05:53 PM »

I was talking to Kid about this, and he requested the links.
I don't know how much any of you other peeps care about it, for the retro Sierra era adventure games are something I will always remember fondly.

Awhile back I posted a link to a company that was doing free re-makes (with updated graphics) of some of them.

That same company, now has a kickstarter.
http://www.infamous-adventures.com/home/
(original website)
They've made a bunch of these retro-rehash games for free, now they are making a 'more original' game that is in the vein of hero's quest, or quest for glory; whichever you prefer.
It's called 'quest for infamy' and it's a universe where you are trying to be the bad-guy hero, as opposed to the good guy hero.
They've got a free playable demo up, as well as some other fun info.
if nothing else, the demo (beatable three different ways), was an entertaining afternoon for me.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1992695780/quest-for-infamy-an-adventure-game-by-infamous-que
well, for me it was free until I really wanted them to make this game. Now I'll probibly be chipping in $50 for a T-shirt and getting suckered into another one of these things.
-Ruski

edit:
Oh! in other news: I found a place you can download all the old classics for almost nothing.
http://www.gog.com/
I picked up the entire 'quest for glory series, episodes 1-5, including the original episode 1 in EGA, and extras for $10. not too shabby.
So there's that too.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 03:07:57 PM by Ruski »
No one writes jokes in Base-13
6 X 9 = 42

Capt_North

• Grunt
  • Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride.
Re: Retro-Adventure-Games.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 02:50:01 AM »

i got masters of orion 1 & 2 from there, only for like, 2-3 bucks, good deal, but then got hit with an extra 5-6 dollars in a forgien fee on my card, or something like that.. its some out of country thing and i think most banks and all charge a percentage of what you buy on top of the cost, AND if you dont hit above a certian amount they charge a flat fee of about 5-6 dollars, or at least mine did.. so its a case of go big. and dont buy a bunch of games staggered apart like my brother did.. turns out that fee applies each time.

but still, games run great, are fun to play, and cheap. what more can you ask for?
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Prime Runner
  • Only the Dead have seen the end of War...
Re: Retro-Adventure-Games.
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 06:57:09 PM »

Burned my way through the first three games, made it to the fourth; which didn't run that great back in 1990's when it was originally released, and I couldn't hack enough to work with dosbox 6 years or so ago, last time I was remotely interested.
their stuff runs like a dream. it still crashes, but from how buggy that game was at final release originally? it's like silk now. I'm watching cut-scenes I didn't even know were in there, and I've beat the game two or three times before.
-Ruski
No one writes jokes in Base-13
6 X 9 = 42
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7089 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 20 queries.