Shadowrun Pub

• April 18, 2024, 12:08:16 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Shadowrun Online  (Read 6658 times)

Capt_North

• Grunt
  • Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride.
Re: Shadowrun Online
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2012, 04:31:36 AM »

hehe, I'd be happy to play!

Though, will admit im a little miffed bout the sudden change.. But then again, better then them trying to bite off more then they could chew and coming up with junk...
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.

bull30548

• Grunt
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2012, 03:55:15 PM »

So do they have a timeline for when they expect to get this game out?  I know they just got funding and started development but just wondering if they are saying next year or 2014?  Also I hope that they can get some outside help like Firaxis.  I have been playing the tar out of XCOM: EU and if what Cliffhanger has been posting is still what going to be produced I can see them being pretty helpful.  I do hope that they don't make the mistake a lot of people are complaining about with XCOM.  It was a complaint that developed after the demo.  People heard  the voice acting and said they all sounded American even though a lot of them were supposed to be from other countries.  I do hope that they get multiple voices with different accents.

kv

• Too lazy to contact Ingo for a custom title
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
    • Click here to see a bigger verison of my Pic!
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2012, 07:48:27 PM »

Seeing as how the company is based in Germany (and the CEO stopped doing the videos because people were having trouble with his accent), I don't think they'll have problems with finding accents.

- kv
"There are three rules to surviving a gun fight.
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
   If you can do that, you can survive."
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Ingo Monk

• SysOp
  • Experienced Runner
  • VOODOO!
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2013, 05:44:30 PM »

I was looking at donating via paypal for SR:O and discovered they have 2 subscription models. 

Model 1 (a.k.a. Campaign Model):
Up Front Cost:
$30
Additional Costs: Expansion packs
Notes: Once you initially buy the game you can play without incurring any additional costs.  Once they come out with expansion packs (new cities, runs/missions, etc.) you'll have to purchase those packs to play that content.

Model 2 (a.k.a. Free to Play Model):
Up Front Cost: $0
Additional Costs: Micro-transactions/Premium Subscription
Notes: Create an account for free and play.  The difference here is that if you want to buy in game items it'll cost you real money.  I haven't found any further details as to if it is all items (which would be ridiculous) or just the better items.  They also haven't detailed the costs.  I assume that the expansion packs for the first model will also be available in this model, but I haven't found whether they will cost anything.  Premium subscriptions are available so you gain money, reputation, and karma faster.

I play Planetside 2, which is also free to play with micro transactions.  The costs are generally from $2.50 to $7.00 for guns/equipment.  To buy them you convert you money to "station cash" to be used in game.  Every now and then station cash goes on sale for 2 to 1 or rarely 3 to 1 so potentially that $2.50 gun costs $0.83 and that $7.00 gun costs $2.33.  Anyway, I'm curious as to how SR:O micro transactions are going to run.  They could add a cost to everything, but make things as little as $0.50 (or even less), or they could have most things available for in game money and certain "premium" guns/equipment cost real money.  Who knows, but I think they're going in the right direction by having 2 models to cater to what gamers are looking for.  They can make plenty of money off of the free-to-play micro-transaction server and still over other gamers the pure play style of the campaign server.

My question to you all: which version do you plan to play?

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill

bull30548

• Grunt
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2013, 08:47:36 AM »

Model one if I can afford it.

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2013, 10:26:00 AM »

I'm actually planning to have an account on both servers. I think that's an option, right? With the Kickstarter backing, I get the first three expansions free, as well as the initial release, and some other cool stuff.

Because I'm cool like that.

But I want to have a couple characters on the free server as well, to play with friends and have a general good time with friends, pubbers, and people who don't want to invest the money in it.

- kv
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

bull30548

• Grunt
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2013, 09:50:00 AM »

See I was worried this is what was going to happen.  People find out they can gun for a Big Ten and they aim for the one that is owned by a Dragon.  There are reasons why this is a bad idea:  1) Like Aztechnology S-K is supportive of a nation's development 2) The dragons are on the verge of going to war with each other over the next drop of the hat.  If Lowfyr is left in a weakened state it could cause a major shift in the balance of power with dragons and then that shift will most likely be reflected back in the real world and 3) Dragons like poking sticks at each other sometimes those sticks are runners but any runners that go out of their way to target a dragon probably going to have the wrath of multiple dragons brought down on them.  What happens if the overzealous ones go to far and instead of stopping at the S-K tag Lowfyr?  World War D folks and it going to be hell on shadowrunners.

See that why I want to slap around someone that has had it for a long time coming.  Mitsuhama is the one I would like to lay the smackdown on.  They have been pulling stunts for EDITIONS (lol) they had a hand in Fuji collapse and build up of Cross with which to irritate Ares (or more specifically Damien Knight) and the most recent their involvement of poking sharp pointy things into technomancers. 

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2013, 10:39:52 AM »

Yeah, but there's no good Megacorporation. They all exploit governments and legal loopholes to do whatever they want. I mean, if you took down ARES, good luck UCAS. If you nailed one of the Japancorps, they'd be hurting in ShinNippon.

I'd be okay with Horizon taking a dive, but I have a soft spot for the AmeriCorps (being a SINless UCAS citizen, emigrated from CalFree to PCC)- mainly Novatech and ARES. EVO is considered the 'good corp' but only because most people don't seem to get that a big free spirit isn't much better at the helm than a great dragon.

I'm curious to see what happens, with a bunch of runners going every which way to try and bring down their corp flavor of choice, and who actually falls.

- kv
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
  • Only the Dead have seen the end of War...
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2013, 12:18:27 PM »

I think azland would actually be better without aztechnology... even with the devistating loss of stuffer shacks to the world.
No one writes jokes in Base-13
6 X 9 = 42

bull30548

• Grunt
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2013, 03:55:16 PM »

Actually I be for dropping Aztech like a hot rock if it wasn't for the second thing that would happen if it dropped off the face of the planet.  Amazonia would take over Azland in a heartbeat just for what they been doing.  And I don't know jack about that country except that Arca (my fave character) went head to head with them.  They were the big bad in the shadows that gave us tons of headaches.

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2013, 05:04:12 PM »

No Stuffer Shack??!?!?! Where would people go to 'houseclean' local gangers?

- kv
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2013, 05:44:40 PM »

McHews?
6 X 9 = 42

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2013, 09:25:49 PM »

But I can't steal a freezer full of frozen soy-rittos after ganking a bunch of gangers and stripping their corpses for spare nuyen before running back to my doss. How am I supposed to make ends meet between runs?

- kv
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2013, 10:41:26 PM »

"Its 2am, and you need a new burner phone, having just smashed your comlink and tossed it in a dumpster. The cold blue lights from a 24-7 radio-hut beacons from the darkness...
6 X 9 = 42

bull30548

• Grunt
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2013, 09:39:55 AM »

So somebody has set up a voting scheme to see what corporation might get hit or protected by runners in SRO.  So far it not surprising who in the running for likely targets Aztechnology, Horizon, Mitsuhama and Saeder Krupp.  These have the most negative votes (votes over one at this point) but SK is at the head with having the most necative votes of three and no positives.  The thing that is making me giggle is the fact people are going on and on about how this will work and that and I am just sitting here going.  "They haven't even come out with the rule set they are basing the game on.  How should they know?"  Right now I think they are probably still in the engine design phase and playtesting before they start applying the 'rules' or physics to the game.  I just find it funny so many folks are like "Don't do that do this or Do this for the love of god and not like so and so in this mmo."  SRO is a pretty unique mmo in my opinion I think we will see more similarities from games like the nex XCOM and League of legends than we will from WoW or Planetside 2. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7320 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 21 queries.