Shadowrun Pub

• April 27, 2024, 12:31:00 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I really need to find Some game soon..  (Read 1010 times)

Capt_North

• Grunt
  • Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride.
I really need to find Some game soon..
« on: October 13, 2012, 02:09:39 AM »

So.. managed to find an old old old book store that had a huge selection of comics they knew nothing about.. and no idea of how to price. Including pretty much the whole series of transmetropolitan.. Which they dont have, and now i have.

One unfortinate side effect of this (aside from a slightly lighter wallet) Is the sudden urge to play a Spider Jerusalem inspired character for shadowrun, where it could potentially be pulled off fairly well i think.. The world isnt quite The City style yet, but seems on its way there.

not quite sure how to swing it beyond a "Mercenary Reporter" joins runner team for chance to have some assistance breaking into corp facilities and such, wring out the secrets he wants to report on, and earn a little cash while he is at it.. Dont know.

Just sounds cool.. But considering a bottle of spirits is missing from my room, and my spirit stealing room mate moved out, theres a possible connection between the two. Me thinks more investigating is required. In the pizza box. that still has pizza.
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Prime Runner
  • Only the Dead have seen the end of War...
Re: I really need to find Some game soon..
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 06:57:57 AM »

Ever read the comic book series: "DMZ"?
I think you could pull off a shadow reporter, the limited edition 4th edition rulebook I bought had some extra stories written into it, one of them was about a runner hired by "A current affair" type news agency, so the main PC knew what was going on, and he takes on this crew of meat to do some local runs... then the news crew gets a inside edition on the how/why of runner team dynamics.
Seems like a good 'dark secret' to me. Not many runners want to be famous.
No one writes jokes in Base-13
6 X 9 = 42

bull30548

• Grunt
  • I'm a llama!
Re: I really need to find Some game soon..
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 01:42:57 PM »

I like the idea even perhaps have the news group try to start a turf war between two corps for news worthy reporting.  "Tomorrow Never Dies" is what that makes me think of.  However, there is evidence of how the news companies from the early 20th century could of really driven a lot of decisions made in regard to whom to fight.  Just observations btw. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7390 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 19 queries.