Shadowrun Pub

• April 23, 2024, 04:20:56 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The End is Nigh!  (Read 1861 times)

bull30548

• Grunt
  • I'm a llama!
The End is Nigh!
« on: December 21, 2012, 01:14:47 PM »

The end is nigh:
http://www.catalystgamelabs.com/2012/12/21/the-year-of-shadowrun/

The bullet point I noticed was that they announced Shadowrun fifth edition.

Okay so there is a little more to this. As build up to the video games and fifth edition they have started three twitter accounts. One is for shadow run returns (shadowland) fourth to fifth edition (jack point) and shadow run online which right now is a clone of jack point but that might change as more details for the game releases. Now the feeds as I said seem to be build ups like they mentioned that bogota matrix has been overwritten with a new format by Aztecs and is messing with hackers badly and may lead to a third crash which to me hints at the game rule changes for the matrix that is coming with 5th.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 02:08:13 AM by bull30548 »

kv

• Too lazy to contact Ingo for a custom title
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
    • Click here to see a bigger verison of my Pic!
Re: The End is Nigh!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 10:07:04 AM »

Ooh, 5th Edition. I predict weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth, followed by shadowrunners proclaiming loudly (in every venue possible) that they're sticking with the edition that they already know. They'll give a plethora of reasons, but the main reason is this: change is scary.

I'll eventually buy the books and learn 5th edition, but I'm interested to see what happens with Shadowrun Returns, and most especially the Shadowrun Online storyline.

You may or may not be aware, but the Shadowrun Online story will be published as a campaign, and the endgame for that campaign is that one of the Big Ten is going down. I haven't decided which one I'm going to gun for, but part of me wants to take down Saeder-Krupp, just to see if it can be done.

- kv
"There are three rules to surviving a gun fight.
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
   If you can do that, you can survive."
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

bull30548

• Grunt
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 07:58:32 PM »

So thought another update might be in order in the Year of the Shadowrun.  If you aren't following Jackpoint on Twitter you might miss a lot of the story.  This is actually reminding me when the World of Darkness Judgement Day storyline came to a climax and shut down what is now ofter referred to as OWoD (Apocolypse, Ascension, and Masquerade).  White Wolf set up a streaming headline bar across the top of their website so you knew what was going on as the world came crashing down.

Anyway back to the point of the update which is this.  Prop 23 has passed in the city of Seattle.  For those of you not up to date on this it is a proposition 23 which is to establish the Ork Underground as a district of Seattle with all the rights, privileges, and laws that go along being a part of the UCAS jurisdiction.  The post in Jackpoint leads to a link that is a longer post about this.  It points out the flaw in this grand scheme of getting recognition.  Which is simply this since the Underground didn't exist then that means a lot of the citizens don't exist and that is against the law.  So SINless are going to get SINs (probably criminal) all the territory down there is going to be claimed and rezoned by the city, and pretty much the entire way of life that been fought and established for the last thirty years or so just went right out the window.  Now all those who see the painting on the wall of this about to happen are making their way for the Barrens or Pullayup to escape what may turn into another Night of Rage but with a Knight in the front since it will be tasked to KE and probably Ares Firewatch to 'clear' the new district for zoning.

So more updates there is a hint that Hestaby might be on a walk about and no longer in the Shasta Mountains.  Plus they mentioned that the latest Predator is out with the new Predator 5 they just not sure how safe it is due to it is the newest latest pop gun. 

Mind you guys this stuff just hints and info that may or may not be confirmed for a long while.  Like the next adventure or next book; if there is one before 5th.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 09:57:28 PM by bull30548 »

bull30548

• Grunt
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 06:04:23 PM »

So I think we have 6 to 8 weeks until 5th edition comes out is my guess based on the forums over at shadowrun.com.  Does anybody think the 4th edition stuff is going to drop in price with the release of it?  Just thought I mention it.

The Laughing Man

• Fresh Fish
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 07:40:23 AM »

They might go down in price but I think books could stay near the same price(or simply go out of print and not be supported any longer.)

bull30548

• Grunt
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 03:13:03 PM »

Thought I post this here it a bit silly and well I don't know how accurate it is.  I found it while looking at something not really related but that youtube for you schizophrenic.  It is three parts as far as I can tell but it may be more.  They also do other games and use a digital desk in the one I saw (which I think is frakkin awesome).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3V3sEzkoEU
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7354 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 24 queries.