Shadowrun Pub

• April 24, 2024, 10:04:49 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SW:TOR  (Read 1839 times)

Kagemusha

• Shadow Warrior
  • FNG
SW:TOR
« on: January 04, 2013, 02:00:04 PM »

Anyone playing?

What are your thoughts?
"Become aware of what is not obvious."--from "The Earth Scroll" section of The Book of Five Rings by Miyamoto Musashi

Ruski

• Matrix Pirate
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Prime Runner
  • Only the Dead have seen the end of War...
Re: SW:TOR
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 05:46:44 PM »

Played it before it went free... was... m.m.o. i think i lasted three months before I gave up.
No one writes jokes in Base-13
6 X 9 = 42

kv

• Too lazy to contact Ingo for a custom title
  • Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
    • Click here to see a bigger verison of my Pic!
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 09:57:02 PM »

I played with Ruski, and quite a bit without him (more with one of my other brothers, but that's neither here nor there).

I really liked it- I didn't like paying a bunch for a game that I only played a few times a week; I'm not the video game junkie that I used to be. But I liked the immersive storylines, the broad areas with interesting detail in them, I liked the quest variations, and I LOVED the voice acting. It made it feel like you were playing a video game rather than an MMO.

No gnomes with alliterated text and a bunch of bad puns.

I did like the system where there were multiple endings for some of the quests- and if you were playing in a group, you could vote on them. My problem was, I'm not an asshole, so my light-side vote usually got shot down 3:1.

It was a lot of fun, I'm seriously considering rejoining for the free to play version, although most of the brotherly interaction I had on there has now migrated to the xbox.

- kv
"There are three rules to surviving a gun fight.
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
   If you can do that, you can survive."
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Capt_North

• Grunt
  • Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride.
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 11:52:04 AM »

played for a bit myself, was alright, and yeah, i like the way it feels like an actual game rather then an MMO, had great voice acting, story, ect... But what got me was the problem with all combat in mmos, you stand there, then queue up attacks by pressing 1-2-3-4 and setting up macros. that just kinda kills it for me, if its gonna be like turn based combat, make it turn based.

Just.. fell outta it though. to slow for me at times, then to fast at others. I liked the idea of customizable weapons and armor, you can buy new firing chambers, crystals, so on and so forth to get better stats for a base customizable gun and armor then work to keep it up as you play, and if you keep it good its more powerful then the purples and all you could find.. of course, its not that easy as you have to buy the parts from vendors with Commendations from certian planets, or craft them yourself, dismantle them in hopes of getting the next color level of that item, and repeat until you get purples, and by that point your read for all new parts. Would have been nice if you could find a better Base, a custom blaster you get at level 5 has the same base stats as one you get at level 50 so its all just cosmetic. which would have been nice as well.. show these fancy custom parts on my rifle instead of the same model the entire time.. but that is asking a bit much...
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.

Ingo Monk

• SysOp
  • Experienced Runner
  • VOODOO!
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 03:05:44 PM »

I played for a beta weekend before it was released, I rather liked it... but it was only for a weekend.  I had a bunch of friends I played BF3 with jump over to SW for a few months until they finally all stopped bothering.  The major complaint was lack of content and (and PvP balance) at high/max level.  I've been pondering going to play it now that it's free, at least go experience all the quests and stories since I really enjoyed that part of the game I got to see.

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill

Capt_North

• Grunt
  • Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride.
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 07:13:24 AM »

ooh, they also have an expansion coming out/already out, no idea what it is. Its awesome, but just dont have the cash to pay for a subscription, but the games kinda setup so that if you dont have a subscription your severely limited..
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.

kv

• Too lazy to contact Ingo for a custom title
  • Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
    • Click here to see a bigger verison of my Pic!
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 10:06:58 AM »

I'm also thinking of re-subscribing.

Perhaps we should do a Pubber's guild? Or just all join the same sever, so we can game together if we get the chance?

- kv
"There are three rules to surviving a gun fight.
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
   If you can do that, you can survive."
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Ingo Monk

• SysOp
  • Experienced Runner
  • VOODOO!
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 08:05:27 PM »

Sounds like fun!

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill

Kagemusha

• Shadow Warrior
  • FNG
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2013, 07:00:05 PM »

Well, if you'll do play...I have toons on 2 different servers.

Jedi Covenant:

Sho-kagemusha - Jedi Sentinal
Arashikagemusha - Jedi Shadow

The Shadowlands:

Shingo - bounty hunter
Kinjo-kagemusha - agent
Kuenai - smuggler

May the Force be with you!
"Become aware of what is not obvious."--from "The Earth Scroll" section of The Book of Five Rings by Miyamoto Musashi
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7358 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 21 queries.