Shadowrun Pub

• March 29, 2024, 07:42:13 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Our meatbots have been missing since '98!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wanderings - Bulletsponge - Shortcut  (Read 3012 times)

kv

• Too lazy to contact Ingo for a custom title
  • Grid Overwatch Division
  • Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
    • Click here to see a bigger verison of my Pic!
Wanderings - Bulletsponge - Shortcut
« on: February 13, 2013, 12:47:08 PM »

"Anytime four New Yorkers get into a cab together without arguing, a bank robbery has just taken place."

- Johnny Carson

Cage the Elephant - Ain't No Rest for the Wicked

There's the hardest part about not working is the waiting- there's nothing to do, so there's nothing to relax from. Galbraith sits in the coffee place- the kind of place he would have normally busted up looking for perps only a few months ago.

It's harder to turn off the mentality of being a cop. Grabbing a weapon before answering the door, or eying a group of people and trying to figure out who was the most likely to be holding something dangerous- who had a gun, who had beetles. It had him on edge, and there was nothing he could do about it.

The special operations office still refused to give him an operator's permit, saying he had to prove his worth as an informant. God, it was frustrating.

The commlink buzzed- Galbraith stared at it for a moment, as if not understanding what was happening. A call- which meant work.
"There are three rules to surviving a gun fight.
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
   If you can do that, you can survive."
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Bullet Sponge

• Fish
Re: Wanderings - Bulletsponge - Shortcut
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 03:14:44 PM »

'Bout damn time. They're already looking at me like a chiphead at the range. Even the owner don't spen' that much time there. That reminds me, I gotta get a restock o' rounds.

Galbraith turns on the recorder in the 'link, turns the volume down to cut down on anyone else listening in and turns up the cyberears.

Afta'noon. How can I help?

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 09:37:36 PM »

"Opportunity is missed by most people because
it dresses up in overalls and looks like work."
-Thomas Edison

The Black Keys - Till I Get My Way

You pop open your commlink, watching the display resolve into a cute redheaded ork. Well, cute if you're into orks.

The perky redhead laughs, and says in a thick southern drawl, "I heard y'all one of all y'all that had that dust-up at the burger place the other day?"
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 09:41:22 PM by Kid_Vid »
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Bullet Sponge

• Fish
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 06:24:47 PM »

No dancin' around. She's a straight shooter. But who is she and where's she comin' from? I need ta keep her talkin' while I figure out if this is on the up an' up or if I gota skedaddle.

Well, Ma'am, I'm sure I don' know what you're talkin' about. A dust up at a burger joint? Sounds like somethin' that could get a fella' in a bad way with the 'stars. Even if it were me I'd never fess up. 'Course, we could preten' it was me an' you could tell me how I can help you.

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 09:33:07 PM »

"I'm very wary of news on television."
- Val Kilmer

Black Keys - Gold on the Ceiling

Peaches smiles, a big genuine smile that sticks tusks out. "That strong chin- that hard face; all those looks, a southern boy, an humility too? Please tell me you ah one of the single gents."

She puts up a hand, forestalling a response, "No, let me have my fantasy."

"Renraku is having one hell of a time tracking you- it doesn't help that someone is running interference, and it doesn't help that the only eye witnesses are the people that you saved, because all of their assets got cooked."

Peaches smiles, "Unfortunately, I happen to have an addiction to Horizon media time. Specifically, they have a program where new talent fights for a spot on the network. All sort ah catty and mean, really great programming."

"You might remember one of the survivors, she looked something like this?"
Peaches punctuates her question by sending you an image.

You have a brief flashback to the McHugh's, before everything went to hell in a handbasket. There was a cute girl, slutty judging by the way she was sitting in a skirt that short-- definitely stands out in your mind.

"That, my dear, is Maurissa Tanchaoren, newest corespondant for the Horizon Media Corporation."

Peaches laughs, a cute sound to go with the bouncing red curls, "Well, she is now. That little episode in the McHughs? Her cybereyes recorded the whole thing- and her P2 posts to her friends about the thing as it was happening made her a local celebrity. Horizon quickly gobbled her up, and now you're looking at her on the other side of some bioscuplting and tattoo removal, although she still has the attitude of a slut and the mouth of a sailor."

Peaches sends you an image of the new and improved woman, from her Horizon profile:

Drek; hot, wet drek, with pieces of undigested corn in it.
"Oh, don't worry, I'm not threatening you, I had to ask around quite a bit before I found anyone who knew who you were. Your contact referred me to you, after I bought him a drink. You have to be one of her 'fans' on the show to get access to her personal archive, I just happened to be in the right place at the right time."

Peaches' smile lights up her whole face, tusks sticking out above her thick bottom lip. "I guess that concludes the 'show me yours,' so here's where I show you mine."

"I'm a coyote- that's a smuggler that smuggles people across borders. Big in the UCAS, but they're a goldmine here in Denver. So many borders, so many guards and security forces, so many ways to step wrong."

Peaches looks at you, all serious, and when she speaks you notice that she has less of an accent- apparently she can suppress the country girl when she wants to be a professional.

"My old route got burned- someone tried to run when ZDF was on their tailpipe, and brought them right down into the route. Can't go back there again, need to find a new route, a new way across. I heard rumor there was a way across by the Five by Five, a bar in the underground."

"I know for a fact that you're good with that gun, I need backup for whatever we run into on the route, be it gangers, critters, or security. How about it? Saddle up with me, we'll test out the route, and I'll start talking about... well, we'll see where the night takes us, Shugah."
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Bullet Sponge

• Fish
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 10:13:05 AM »

If I can be found that easy so can the others. I better let Eric know so he can track down & get rid of the evidence. Last thing we want is 'Raku tracking us down when we ain't looking and trying to even the count. 'Specially since we didn't get nothing out o' it more'n we walked in with.

She's gotta stop distracting me with those....curls. Making it hard to stay professional...

"Now, Ma'am, I'm always ready to help a lady out. However, is sounds like there's a fine chance that there'll be plenty o' fella's wantin' to, shall we say, fill out yer dance card. I'm not sayin' you ain't worth it. Cuz you are. I'm just sayin' that it's gonna take a lot o'......persuadin' to make sure those fella's keep a respectful distance so as not to impune a lady's honor."
And stop smiling so much, too. That's not helping me either.
"That much persuadin', well it takes a lot o' work. 'Specially if they get ornery."
He suddenly sits up straight. When he continues speaking his voice is clear and concise with only the barest hint of his natural drawl.
"So, how badly do you need help? Keep in mind, I'm just as willing to trade as to work straight."

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2013, 12:01:29 AM »

"The world is not black and white. More like black and grey."
 -  Graham Greene

Rival Sons - Keep on Swinging

<Peaches>

Peaches pauses to tie her bouncy red curls back in a ponytail, before continuing"Well, if not you, I can always find a couple good ol CAS boys to watch my back, but I'd prefer to have a professional on my side. I can offer you about two grand, CAS dollars, plus favors. How does that grab ya, Shugah?"
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Bullet Sponge

• Fish
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2013, 03:18:11 PM »

Does she know how desperate I am right now or is she just tough a negotiator? "Count me in. Just send me the time and coords'. I'll gear up and be ready early." Tries to give her his winningest smile. "I'll see ya' there." Disconnects.

First thing to do is get 'hold o' Eric and see if he can clear our back trail. Sure we want more business, but only if we can get it safely. Downloads the part of the chat with Peaches that detailed how she found us and forwards it to Eric Dubois with a quick note explaining why I'm sending it.

Now I gotta' call Jimmie and confirm that she did go through him like she said she did.....

Well, Jimmie said this gal's square, so I'm here. I've got my armor and my 'Go-Bag' with me, all my mags're full an' I've already scouted the perimeter. I'm a mite jumpy with the type o' folks in this place. Gettin' noticed before we even start is a bad way to keep things quiet. Here's hopin' for a nice, quiet evenin' with a pretty lady. Now where's she at?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 03:19:55 PM by Bullet Sponge »

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2013, 11:00:04 AM »

"The more you trust your intuition,
the more empowered you become,
the stronger you become,
and the happier you become."
- Gisele Bundchen

Scars on Broadway - They Say

Covering your tracks is always a good idea. It's a simple thing to call up a buddy and double-check a reference.

<Eric Dubois> 
Eric answers on the first ring, staring directly at you with a glass-eyed stare. It takes you a moment to realize that he's working on something you can't see, or that this is a digital avatar.

"Hey Omae," Eric answers, ever polite, "I'm kind of in the middle of something right now, can I call you back later?"

You take time to explain about the thing with the thing, and how there might be a digital trail. Eric promises to look into it, and you disconnect the call knowing that he'll take care of everything.

Jimmy is a Fixer. He's trying to make 'Jimmy the Fix' stick as a nickname, but usually people just call him 'ugly,' or 'uggo.' He is a rather unattractive ork, so there's not much that can be done about that.

"The Fix is in!" He answers on the second ring. It's better than 'Go for Jimmy!' which was his old attempt at a catchphrase. Despite the bad catchphrases and unfortunate issues with looks and naming, he's a good and loyal friend. He claims to be former CAS Army, but you don't want to look too much into it.

"Oh, Peaches? Yeah, I sent her your way. I know I haven't had much in the way of work for you lately, and she wanted to pay you to help out with one of her runs. She's a smuggler, and a good person to know in Denver, if you know what I mean."

His perverted giggle leaves nothing to the imagination. "And those bouncy red curls, on a tusker? She can smuggle my sausage anytime!" Subtlety is not one of his strong suites, either. Still, loyalty in the Shadows is something to be noticed and appreciated.

<Jimmy the Fix>

Which is how, at this time of day, you're standing at the corner of Havana and 6th, in the CAS sector, waiting outside a broken-down parking garage covered in graffiti.
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

kv

• Professional Runner
  • Spawner of Violence
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2013, 08:23:13 PM »

“The Doors Open at 7, The trouble begins at 8.”
― Mark Twain

Led Zeppelin - Black Dog

You don't have to wait long. A beat up white pickup that's seen more than a decade of action on the streets pulls into the garage entrance, and honks once before proceeding into the garage's lower level. Peaches has her curly red hair tied back in a ponytail, and a cover lashed over the bed of the truck, possibly to cover merchandise, although who'd bring a shipment on a trial run like this you couldn't say.

The benefit to a beat up pickup like this is that if you have to ditch it, you won't sweat the loss- it may even be a hot car, depending on how daring Peaches is feel.

"Hey Y'all, Handsome. Glad you decided to join me," Peaches says with a smile.
1) Shoot First
2) Shoot More
3) Shoot last
                                 -Samus Bravo
                                (Mercury's Father)

Bullet Sponge

• Fish
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2013, 12:12:32 AM »

Sitting in the most defensible corner of a location like this is like being the last one to die in a scrap. You may get to see where your death comes from, but that ain't much comfort to your Mamma. At least havin' showed up early to scout aroun' has given me time to catch up on my street paint. One o' the benefits o' cybereyes is linkin' them to my 'link so as I see the paint I can set my 'link to searchin' for whatever it can find. Might find a story 'bout the gangers here'bouts so I can know what to look out for while I'm waiting for Peaches. If I get lucky I might even get a mug shot or two from the news.....

That truck looks like its on its last legs. Sure it blends in aroun' here, but it better be able to giddy'up when it comes down to it.

"It wouldn't be right to make a lady wait." Gives her his winningest smile. "Pleasure to finally meet ya'. I been lookin' forward to gettin' out o' the house and this def'nitly the best offer I got in a long time. Oh, and Jimmy sends his regards. If'n you don' mind I'll set my bag in the bed." Pulls out his helmet, shotgun and sniper rifle and sets them in the cab. Then losens the rope and lifts the cover on the bed to put his bag there before replacing the cover. While staging his gear in the cab Galbraith sets his 'link to hidden to prevent anybody trying to track them. "I call 'Shotgun'."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Bad Behavior has blocked 7098 access attempts in the last 7 days.

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 22 queries.