Shadowrun RPG > SR5 (Shadowrun 5th Edition) General Discussion

Shadowrun: 5th Edition

(1/5) > >>

kv:
Okay, so I know this isn't super new news, but I thought it was worth discussing here, and worthy of its own thread.

What have you heard?
Should I post the image for the book cover? (It's pretty cool)

What would you like to see in the new edition?

What would you like to avoid with the new edition?

What's your worst fear about the new edition? --I know we're creatures of habit, and change is scary.

- kv

bull30548:
What have I heard?
Matrix system upgrade both in game and game mechanics.  If you follow Jackpoint they have mentioned it.  In game terms it is basically they are splitting the Matrix into layers.  The top layer is going to be the public access layer (pretty much anybody with a commlink has access) after that there going to be security layers.  In game mechanic terms they are making it where not anybody can be a hacker.  There is also been mention (no real confirmation) that they are bringing decks back to help with that (I think someone did the math and realize a decent hacker could be designed with about 250,000).  Another thing that been confirmed but I didn't realize was part of the system they are uping max skills to 12.  And finally on the website today they posted that a new book called Storm Front is being released at the end of this month that going to be a bridge from fourth to fifth and wrap up a few of the storylines though which ones I am not to sure of.  They also just released an E-book about sim sense and BTL's.  I had heard rumor that they were going to do another E-book that would include European vehicles.  I do hope that this is still coming out cause well I am still a rigger at heart.

Oh and they are apparently adding a new stat to gear that I am just going to use the catch all phrase of 'accuracy' to.  The belief is that as a player you may not have the best skill in say automatics so if you buy a more accurate weapon then you will get a higher chance to hit.  Same with regular gear if it is more reliable you are more likely to get it right sooner or later.  However, that doesn't mean the min/max folks are not going to do the same thing and get the most accurate weapon they possibly can to do the most epic damage imaginable. 

kv:
Here's the cover for the 5th Edition Core book (which I think looks pretty awesome).

- kv

Ingo Monk:
Cool!  Notice the dead "samurai robot" on the bottom left?  And what's with the glowing sword?

Also, I think they should update the corporate logos.  I don't like they look copied/pasted onto the side of the buildings..

kv:
Yeah, I agree, although I think that will probably be covered by the 'Shadowrun' logo and reference to who wrote it and stuff.

It's good to know I'm not the only one reading this forum- it does feel that way sometimes.

-kv

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version